Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Congressional Candidate Teddy Fikre Invites Fellow Candidates Beyer and Lipsman to Biweekly Debates

Post by teodroseIII » 23 Jun 2022, 16:52

Dear Representative Beyer and Candidate Lipsman

Let me first congratulate both of you for winning your primaries and becoming the nominees of your respective parties. As I am finding out given that this is my first time running for political office, throwing one’s hat in the ring and accepting the challenge on such a public platform is far from a path strewn with rose petals.

Now that you have emerged as winners, it is time to pivot to the next phase and focus on ensuring that voters in the 8th Congressional District have as much access to all the candidates and making certain that the issues they care about are fully heard. Though I look forward to taking part in formal debates and accept Ms. Lipsman’s offer to debate five times between now and November 8th, I believe our constituents would benefit if they are able to meet us and ask questions on a more frequent basis.

To this end, I am extending an offer to both of you to have biweekly town halls between now and election day at various coffee shops, small businesses and outdoor venues in our district in order to field questions from audience members and to debate one another on issues ranging from inflation, education, the safety and wellness of our children and any other topic that is raised by people in attendance or by the candidates....continued...

READ FULL INVITE AT: https://fikre4va.com/congressional-cand ... y-debates/