Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Uvalde’s Unspoken Grief: the Mindless Menace of Lost Innocence

Post by teodroseIII » 25 May 2022, 12:45

I cannot begin to fathom the feeling of grieving that the victims of yesterday’s horrific killing rampage in Uvalde are going through at this moment. The idea of losing a child in any circumstance is agonizing, this pain is magnified a thousand-fold when a son or a daughter is taken by an act of malice that is beyond anyone’s ability to truly comprehend.

Sadly, the carnage that took place in Texas yesterday is no longer an outlier but becoming the norm. Yet, despite this alarming escalation of violence, we find ourselves having the same culture wars that get dusted off each time a madman unleashes mayhem in cities and towns around America.

Las Vegas, Orlando, Sandy Hook, Fort Hood, Aurora, Buffalo and now Uvalde, we barely have a chance to grieve and fully understand the scope of the problem society is facing before the next round of bloodshed intervenes with breaking news alarms and occupies our collective minds with unending anxieties. I fell asleep last night thinking about my son and worrying about the world that awaits him—angst has become the new normal for parents....continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://fikre4va.com/uvalde-unspoken-gr ... innocence/