Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
temari

PP cadres destroy the credibility of the judiciary and our geopolitical interests to justify their unlawful actions

Post by temari » 23 May 2022, 15:56

The likes of Seyoum Teshome are trying to defend the mafia-like actions of the government such as kidnapping and arresting people in mass without any court order and holding people in unknown places without due process. The wild and mafia-like practice of the government is even more disturbing when one considers that most of the kidnapped citizens will never be brought to court and will be released. What kind of wild practice is this? Either these people are criminals and should be brought to court and get their sentences or should never be kidnapped in the first place. The government is trying to have its cake and have it too. It wants them to be seen as criminals but at the same time doesn't dare to bring a case against them in courts. A truly banana republic in the making.

PP cadres like Seyoum Teshome are trying to justify this kind of wild and illegal practices with a weird reason like being an Eritrean in the case of Menen and visiting Eritrea and meeting Eritrean chief of Staff. Since when is being an Eritrean, visiting Eritrea or meeting Eritrean officials become a crime? Is Eritrea now a an Enemy state? All this talk of making association with Eritrea a crime has one and one goal of trying to justify the mafia like practices of the government. It is an admission that the government really don't have any real case against the likes of Menen and the General that is in any sense criminal so PP cadres are making up a crime that was never a crime in the first place. No Ethiopian law labels Eritrea as an enemy state and association with it as a crime.

While trying to justify the government's mafia like behavior, the short-sighted and childish PP cadres are destroying the credibility of the judiciary and the justice system permanently. They are also risking to damage Ethiopia's geopolitical interest in the region by making Eritrea an enemy state. The stupidity of PP cadres is mind-boggling.

TesfaNews
Member+

Re: PP cadres destroy the credibility of the judiciary and our geopolitical interests to justify their unlawful actions

Post by TesfaNews » 23 May 2022, 16:01

Big thanks to Seyoum Teshome for exposing Dr Abiy Ahmeds hidden views about Eritrea's Government

"I have watched this guy before he had never have respect towards Eritrea and Eritrean people . Remember who came and helped Ethiopia when TPLF demolished the Ethiopian defence forces if it wasn’t for Eritrean defence forces TPLF still ruling Ethiopia and you would be In Prison . So stop hating Eritrean people we don’t need anything from you all we need is peaceful regime. in order to create peace in the east Africa you have to eliminate TPLF or they will Eliminate you Simple as that . And by the way Assab is Eritrea so you should talk about what is yours"

temari

Re: PP cadres destroy the credibility of the judiciary and our geopolitical interests to justify their unlawful actions

Post by temari » 24 May 2022, 16:21

It seems PP cadres are acting in line with PM Abiy and his party guidlines. How on earth has PM Abiy failed to send congratulatory messages to a neighboring country, Eritrea? I'm sure he will send congratulatory messages to all our neighbors for their independence day. That is just the minimum of good neighborhood. PM Abiy is acting erratic like a child and by that hurting our long term national interest. Having good relations with all our neighbors is one of the core pillars of our national interest. Even if his government has some issues with the government of Eritrea, he should still send congratulatory messages to the people of Eritrea. After all, independence day has more to do with the people than the current government of any country.

"ልጅ ያቦካው ለራት አይሆንም" ሆነብን እኮ

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 24 May 2022, 16:28

Temari

I don’t mean to defend Abiy but HGDEF was about to overthrow his government using another PP faction. I think you are not being balanced here. What’s ልጅ ያቦካው here is your above outlook.

I believe Foreign Ministry will send the standard message though. Like you said, people are people and should do what normal diplomacy requires.

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 24 May 2022, 16:43

eden wrote:
24 May 2022, 16:28
Temari

I don’t mean to defend Abiy but HGDEF was about to overthrow his government using another PP faction. I think you are not being balanced here. What’s ልጅ ያቦካው here is your above outlook.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Just for the record!

I will love to hear how you spin this tomorrow....? :lol:

30-year palaver didn't save you from going back to the stone age, yet still here you're.......

Politics is about Action!

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 May 2022, 17:10

Who said Eritrea is enemy and where?

I am just interested to know more about something I missed so far.

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 24 May 2022, 17:16

The leadership in Arat Killo has never had any integrity. All along, they have been betraying any party which stood with them in trying times. Paying the price now to ensure the long term interests of the country and the region is never a consideration for the Abiy Regime. Everything is weighed based on its immediate benefits.

Some of our friends here were quick to snub when we point out the obvious. In all of these, oddly enough TPLF is coming out as a winner... :mrgreen: :lol:

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 24 May 2022, 17:22

DefendTheTruth wrote:
24 May 2022, 17:10

When Ethiopians are accused of meeting With Eritreans to discredit them it means they are connecting with enemy, which used to be weyannes line of attack...seyum..the belly slave being used to spread this campaign. Here is Abiy paying back for saving his behind paying their blood. Let see how the end unfolds. The tell tell signs are there for all to see,except DTT.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 May 2022, 17:23

temari wrote:
23 May 2022, 15:56
The likes of Seyoum Teshome are trying to defend the mafia-like actions of the government such as kidnapping and arresting people in mass without any court order and holding people in unknown places without due process. The wild and mafia-like practice of the government is even more disturbing when one considers that most of the kidnapped citizens will never be brought to court and will be released. What kind of wild practice is this? Either these people are criminals and should be brought to court and get their sentences or should never be kidnapped in the first place. The government is trying to have its cake and have it too. It wants them to be seen as criminals but at the same time doesn't dare to bring a case against them in courts. A truly banana republic in the making.

PP cadres like Seyoum Teshome are trying to justify this kind of wild and illegal practices with a weird reason like being an Eritrean in the case of Menen and visiting Eritrea and meeting Eritrean chief of Staff. Since when is being an Eritrean, visiting Eritrea or meeting Eritrean officials become a crime? Is Eritrea now a an Enemy state? All this talk of making association with Eritrea a crime has one and one goal of trying to justify the mafia like practices of the government. It is an admission that the government really don't have any real case against the likes of Menen and the General that is in any sense criminal so PP cadres are making up a crime that was never a crime in the first place. No Ethiopian law labels Eritrea as an enemy state and association with it as a crime.

While trying to justify the government's mafia like behavior, the short-sighted and childish PP cadres are destroying the credibility of the judiciary and the justice system permanently. They are also risking to damage Ethiopia's geopolitical interest in the region by making Eritrea an enemy state. The stupidity of PP cadres is mind-boggling.
Are you the same guy who once blamed the "failed" foreign policy of the government for the media campaign and other types of pressures globally orchestrated against Ethiopia?

Could you say something about it now?

አንተን ብሎ ጂኦፖልትክስ አዋቂ ና ተቆርቋሪ :lol: :lol: :lol:

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 24 May 2022, 17:34

TGAA wrote:
24 May 2022, 17:22
DefendTheTruth wrote:

When Ethiopians are accused of meeting With Eritreans to discredit them it means they are connecting with enemy, which used to be weyannes line of attack...seyum..the belly slave being used to spread this campaign. Here is Abiy paying back for saving his behind paying their blood. Let see how the end unfolds. The tell tell signs are there for all to see,except DTT.
To be honest with you I do feel currently the quality of the posts on this forum has so degraded that I even hate to come and read any of them.

In my little understanding nations have their own national interests, which are not necessarily the same but that doesn't also mean those nations of different interests are already enemies.

I see sometimes that in New York heads of governments come together and all present and put forward the national interests of their respective nations, without considering each other enemies already.

I also heard in the past the security apparatus of the USA installed spying facilities in the power corridors of the so called "allies" in Europe, for exa. Germany and France.

Is the USA an enemy of either of these two countries?

eden ብቻ ናት ወይም ነዉ በትክክል ነገሩን ያገኘቺዉ፣ ልጅ ያቦካዉ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadacha Macca

Post by Sadacha Macca » 24 May 2022, 17:48

Let's be honest, no governmental institution in Ethiopia, had any credibility, since the establishment of Ethiopia as a country. It's always been about power and money for the elites, and them serving the interests of their western/European elitist funders, to the detriment of the masses of Ethiopia [yes, Amhara's suffered too, Oromo, etc]. But, let's focus on the present situation, I get it.

This particular issue, is either;

disingenuous and there is a Machiavellian type of move being made, to make it seem the alliance of amhara elites/govt-abiy's govt-and eritrea's govt is breaking apart.

genuine- and for some reason, there's been a fallout between PM Abiy and Pres. Isayas, due to some serious issues/concerns, what could those issues be Not sure, we can speculate, but of course, they'd know it better. This is possible, because of course, politics is unfortunately a dirty game and alliances can change at the drop of a dime, and yesterdays foes can be todays allies, and vice-versa.

What I believe is: there is no genuine conflict between Fano/Amhara elites/or Amhara kilil in general, and Abiy, except that, perhaps, a hardliner group from among Fano's leaders, may want to have autonomy from the federal govt [I am not saying I oppose this, btw], and Abiy can't have that, he wants all Fano factions, all kililoch factions under his direct command, otherwise, he will perceive them as a threat. The same reason why he went after OLF and anyone else popular enough to oust him and dare to not be under his direct command.

So Abiy, in alliance with the former ANDM/now rebranded as APP, is going after a particular group of Fano, while maintaining ties with those who realize they are all inter-dependent upon each other, for various reasons, since they have common foes, common interests, albeit with some disagreements. Of course, you will have Amhara officials in APP, who disagree with the current campaigns, but I doubt they'd express that publicly.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 24 May 2022, 22:11

DefendTheTruth wrote:
24 May 2022, 17:34
TGAA wrote:
24 May 2022, 17:22
DefendTheTruth wrote:

To be honest with you I do feel currently the quality of the posts on this forum has so degraded that I even hate to come and read any of them.

In my little understanding nations have their own national interests, which are not necessarily the same but that doesn't also mean those nations of different interests are already enemies.

I see sometimes that in New York heads of governments come together and all present and put forward the national interests of their respective nations, without considering each other enemies already.

I also heard in the past the security apparatus of the USA installed spying facilities in the power corridors of the so called "allies" in Europe, for exa. Germany and France.

Is the USA an enemy of either of these two countries?

eden ብቻ ናት ወይም ነዉ በትክክል ነገሩን ያገኘቺዉ፣ ልጅ ያቦካዉ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brother DTT, I'll let you in a secret, unlike you, she has gotten the bullseye in regards to her interest (weyanes) way before anyone of us awakens from our slumber. The weyena backstabbers could have a second chance in life, if and only if the wall is erected between Ethiopians and Eritreans. If you think she is the only one who got it right . It depends what you mean by "right" Don't go on us ivory- towery -- USA spying on the alliance (which stationed its army to protect)is not the same as trashing the name and accusing the government that paid in blood to make the nation survive, as a nefarious agent that wants to destroy it.

Right

Post by Right » 24 May 2022, 22:56

DDT,
Don’t act like a fool. One of the crime General Mamo accused of meeting with the Eritreans to over throw the government.

The Abiye regime is self destructing. What do you make of an act like kidnapping and arresting peaceful people like Meskerm Abera, Meaza, Tamrat, General Tefera,Gobeze etc. to spice it all, you hold them in a secret prison and release without charges. The same regime that let terrorist Sebhat Nega walk free.

You guys are naked. It turned out all the enemy has to do is wait patiently and you will end up destroying yourself.