Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm

Re: ፋኖ የኤርትራ ባንዲራ ተሸክሞ ሲመረቅ

Post by sarcasm » 19 May 2022, 19:03

Assegid S. wrote:
19 May 2022, 09:19
Selam Sarcasm;

Let me ask you one question b4 I post the video ( not EVEN one but two or more videos.) Which is bad in your eyes: Fano CARRYING Eritrean flag or Tigraway BURNING Ethiopian flag?

take care, :|
Afternoon brother Assegid,

Flag burning is a legal form of protest. In U.S there was a court case in this regards and the state lost the case because flag burning constitutes "symbolic speech" and it is protected by the First Amendment. I don't know if it is legal in Ethiopia though.

The military (especially one which operates outside state control) showing allegiance to a foreign country flag which has invaded parts of one's country is treasonous. Flags are symbolic and they do not have intrinsic values by themselves. Burning or flying activities are also symbolic of one's opposition or allegiance. Personally, I am not a flag waving type of a person.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 20 May 2022, 00:33

No wonder crazy US is your example for everything, you ni66er-KKK. :lol:

sarcasm wrote:
19 May 2022, 19:03
Assegid S. wrote:
19 May 2022, 09:19
Selam Sarcasm;

Let me ask you one question b4 I post the video ( not EVEN one but two or more videos.) Which is bad in your eyes: Fano CARRYING Eritrean flag or Tigraway BURNING Ethiopian flag?

take care, :|

Flag burning is a legal form of protest. In U.S there was a court case in this regards and the state lost the case because flag burning constitutes "symbolic speech" and it is protected by the First Amendment. I don't know if it is legal in Ethiopia though.

The military (especially one which operates outside state control) showing allegiance to a foreign country flag which has invaded parts of one's country is treasonous. Flags are symbolic and they do not have intrinsic values by themselves. Burning or flying activities are also symbolic of one's opposition or allegiance. Personally, I am not a flag waving type of a person.

Assegid S.

Post by Assegid S. » 21 May 2022, 01:40

sarcasm wrote:
19 May 2022, 19:03

Hello Sarcasm;

Many thanks for your answer. But, I don’t really agree on what you wrote here.

First of all, if you think or believe that a flag has no intrinsic value, you shouldn't have been surprised and brought it here as a ‘news’ when “Fano” carried the Eritrean flag; or any other gov’t controlled military entities doing so.

Second, the subject of our argument is not the flags (Ethiopian or Eritrean flags) but the actions (carrying (waving) and burning.) Here is where the intrinsic value lies: in carrying another country’s flag, and burning ones own. So you are wrong, bro. To my eyes, burning ones own flag is a capital offense; even worse than defining it as an ordinary rag (“ጨርቅ”).

Stay safe, Sarcasm (3S)

*ሰንደቅ ዓላማ የኣንድ ህዝብ መጠሪያ/መለያ ነው፤ ቃላታዊም ባይሆን ቀለማዊ ስም። ( ዝቅ እንዳደረጉሽ … ዝቅ ይበሉ! May 2, 2015)

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 06 Jun 2022, 07:41

የቃላት ጦርነቱን ጀምረውታል እኮ 😂😂
በፋኖ መመታት መቼም ቅስሟ የሚሰበረው የውጭ ሀገረ ኤርትራ ናት 🤗 ተግባብተናል ባሻዬ
Finfinne Press