Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
temari

It looks like the Abiy government and Addis Ababans are heading to a collusion course

Post by temari » 16 May 2022, 18:02

https://www.tiktok.com/@uniqueq06/video ... 1760294150
https://www.facebook.com/birhanu.tefera ... 122553222/
Please wait, video is loading...

temari

Re: It looks like the Abiy government and Addis Ababans are heading to a collusion course

Post by temari » 16 May 2022, 18:58

It seems like the OPDO lead government is trying to impose its will via a backdoor without preparing the necessary legal and political framework. OPDO's attitude and message that is increasingly perceived by others is clear, "we are the boss in town and we will impose whatever we want on you whether you like it or not".

These days it is becoming very hard to find even a single person in Addis Ababa who has a positive opinion about PM Abiy. His approval rating (if there was a measurement) would be down like never before since he came to power. The main reasons it seems are the hard economic condition, the corruption that penetrated almost every government institutions in a level never seen before and an increasingly perceived one ethnic (oromo) domination that is increasingly is rejected by many. Just like TPLF used to do, OPDO continues denying the existence of the perceived one ethnic domination instead of trying to address the problem.

If the government is not doing something ASAP, it looks like a pre-2005 election popular anti-government mood is gripping and spreading. A big shake up and wake up call is brewing.

I hope the government do not fall into victim-hood and self pity mentality by saying "they hate us because of our ethnic group" etc. The same mistake TPLF made. What is needed is a very quick adjustment in the area of the economy and refraining from actions that can be perceived by others favoring only one ethnic group. It seems OPDO is increasingly getting trapped by the same sin that TPLF got trapped and fell.

In the video above one can see people don't understand why only the flag of one ethnic group be raised out of the other ethnic groups. They are angry to the perceived special treatment to one ethnic group. Especially in Addis Ababa, where everybody thinks Addis belongs to all Ethiopians, people have a hard time to understand a special treatment for one ethnic group or one region alone. OPDO's lip service we all heard that says አዲስ አበባ የሁላችን ከተማ ናት is getting destroyed by its actions everyday.

Za-Ilmaknun

Re: It looks like the Abiy government and Addis Ababans are heading to a collusion course

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 16 May 2022, 20:24

I am glad finally everybody seem to be catching up to the evil political maneuvers of the PM and his novices. I have yet to see any leader in the whole world as supported and favored by the people as the PM in the first couple of years of his reign. Alas! The PM took that level of support for granted and abused it by increasingly trying to appease his ethnic base. Most people, out of eagerness for the country to move away from the scars of TPLF's brutal rule, ignored the tell- tale signs of the PM's political mischiefs.

Now the country is on the verge of civil unrest that is fueled by economic hardship, incontrollable corruption, incompetent leadership, one ethnic dominations in all sectors and, most of all ethnic tensions catalyzed by the identity politics. The way the war against TPLF is being conducted and the behind the curtain ugly negotiations with TPLF, the dimming of the divide between OLF/OFECO and the Gov't, the march against those who saved the government from imminent collapse by Tigre forces are also factors that will definitely hasten the disgraceful fall of the current regime. Halafi's goat is now munching that popcorn...:) :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Abebe Teklehaimanot was never lying when he said "let them fight amongst themselves and we shall then march to Addis with little or no resistance" :mrgreen: Pop POp

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 17 May 2022, 11:38

temari wrote:
16 May 2022, 18:58
It seems like the OPDO lead government is trying to impose its will via a backdoor without preparing the necessary legal and political framework. OPDO's attitude and message that is increasingly perceived by others is clear, "we are the boss in town and we will impose whatever we want on you whether you like it or not".

These days it is becoming very hard to find even a single person in Addis Ababa who has a positive opinion about PM Abiy. His approval rating (if there was a measurement) would be down like never before since he came to power. The main reasons it seems are the hard economic condition, the corruption that penetrated almost every government institutions in a level never seen before and an increasingly perceived one ethnic (oromo) domination that is increasingly is rejected by many. Just like TPLF used to do, OPDO continues denying the existence of the perceived one ethnic domination instead of trying to address the problem.

If the government is not doing something ASAP, it looks like a pre-2005 election popular anti-government mood is gripping and spreading. A big shake up and wake up call is brewing.

I hope the government do not fall into victim-hood and self pity mentality by saying "they hate us because of our ethnic group" etc. The same mistake TPLF made. What is needed is a very quick adjustment in the area of the economy and refraining from actions that can be perceived by others favoring only one ethnic group. It seems OPDO is increasingly getting trapped by the same sin that TPLF got trapped and fell.

In the video above one can see people don't understand why only the flag of one ethnic group be raised out of the other ethnic groups. They are angry to the perceived special treatment to one ethnic group. Especially in Addis Ababa, where everybody thinks Addis belongs to all Ethiopians, people have a hard time to understand a special treatment for one ethnic group or one region alone. OPDO's lip service we all heard that says አዲስ አበባ የሁላችን ከተማ ናት is getting destroyed by its actions everyday.
I didn't read through the ethiopian constitution and don't know much how good or bad it is. My yardstick has been that a constitution can be changed (adjusted) by the will of the people. I stress on people here.

Others are out for just instigating violence and through it try to push their failed agendas forward, case in point Eskinder Nega aka. Molala ras!

The scene in the video has all the hallmarks of Eskinder's machinations, in my view.

Whether the constitution is good or not it also stipulates something like "the special interest of the Oromo people", if I remember correctly.

If that is the case I am not yet aware of the same provisioning for other regions, including the Amhara region, which Eskinder is trying to impose on the rest of Addis residents, in the name of Ethiopiawinet.

I care less, if the flag is raised or not here, but I do see an attempt to instigate violence and by that also demanding for one more round of "transitional government".

Anybody, including former OPDO or currrent PP, who is putting forward the demand of a "transitional government" is trying to take Ethiopia the downward spiral, one more time. As such an enemy of the nation.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 17 May 2022, 11:43

Za-Ilmaknun wrote:
16 May 2022, 20:24
I am glad finally everybody seem to be catching up to the evil political maneuvers of the PM and his novices. I have yet to see any leader in the whole world as supported and favored by the people as the PM in the first couple of years of his reign. Alas! The PM took that level of support for granted and abused it by increasingly trying to appease his ethnic base. Most people, out of eagerness for the country to move away from the scars of TPLF's brutal rule, ignored the tell- tale signs of the PM's political mischiefs.

Now the country is on the verge of civil unrest that is fueled by economic hardship, incontrollable corruption, incompetent leadership, one ethnic dominations in all sectors and, most of all ethnic tensions catalyzed by the identity politics. The way the war against TPLF is being conducted and the behind the curtain ugly negotiations with TPLF, the dimming of the divide between OLF/OFECO and the Gov't, the march against those who saved the government from imminent collapse by Tigre forces are also factors that will definitely hasten the disgraceful fall of the current regime. Halafi's goat is now munching that popcorn...:) :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Abebe Teklehaimanot was never lying when he said "let them fight amongst themselves and we shall then march to Addis with little or no resistance" :mrgreen: Pop POp
Dishonesty is the whole hallmark of your camp.

Fact is that the PM is also waging open war in the same "ethnic base" you are talking about right now, as we speak. Such an open war is not being waged in any other region in the country, save Tigray, for obvious reason here.

But those used to lying can never stop it for just even a while!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 17 May 2022, 12:20

DefendTheTruth wrote:
17 May 2022, 11:38
temari wrote:

I didn't read through the ethiopian constitution and don't know much how good or bad it is. My yardstick has been that a constitution can be changed (adjusted) by the will of the people. I stress on people here.

Others are out for just instigating violence and through it try to push their failed agendas forward, case in point Eskinder Nega aka. Molala ras!

The scene in the video has all the hallmarks of Eskinder's machinations, in my view.

Whether the constitution is good or not it also stipulates something like "the special interest of the Oromo people", if I remember correctly.

If that is the case I am not yet aware of the same provisioning for other regions, including the Amhara region, which Eskinder is trying to impose on the rest of Addis residents, in the name of Ethiopiawinet.

I care less, if the flag is raised or not here, but I do see an attempt to instigate violence and by that also demanding for one more round of "transitional government".

Anybody, including former OPDO or currrent PP, who is putting forward the demand of a "transitional government" is trying to take Ethiopia the downward spiral, one more time. As such an enemy of the nation.

I care less, if the flag is raised or not here, but I do see an attempt to instigate violence and by that also demanding for one more ianof "transitional government".

Your pretentious concern about "instigating violence" by scapegoating Iskender you might think would appease anyone, so that your body Shimils can impose on the narrow moggasea policy on Ethiopians, in this case, the microcosm of Ethiopia, Addis Ababaian. Abiy government is going down at a speed never seen before. The war for Addis Ababa is the war for the very existence of Ethiopia. All the pretension aside, Abiy is the most anti-Ethiopian bar none. Your underestimation of the Ethiopian people's intellect is mind-boggling. Your trifle this brazen anti-Ethiopian action then your crocodile tears is gushing out by pointing on other to deflect from the real instigator of the violence. Addis Ababa will remain the capital of all Ethiopians, no single ethnicity is going to have it exclusively. The OPDO morons get that in their skull sooner the better. Either we will have 82 ethnic flags in each school or we will have our one national flag in Ethiopian capital city. The choice is the moggasa nuts.

Right

Post by Right » 17 May 2022, 16:03

The residents ofAddis are in conflict with the PP regime since day one.

Addis is the first capital city in the world to have a non residence appointed as a Mayor.
The PM changed the rule deliberately to appoint incompetent ethnic Oromos with a political Agenda.

Since Nazi Germany, the first city to systematically apply demographic eng,

The PM is obsessed and spent most of his time and budget on the city than the rest of the country. It is going to be ugly.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 17 May 2022, 16:22

TGAA wrote:
17 May 2022, 12:20
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

I care less, if the flag is raised or not here, but I do see an attempt to instigate violence and by that also demanding for one more ianof "transitional government".

Your pretentious concern about "instigating violence" by scapegoating Iskender you might think would appease anyone, so that your body Shimils can impose on the narrow moggasea policy on Ethiopians, in this case, the microcosm of Ethiopia, Addis Ababaian. Abiy government is going down at a speed never seen before. The war for Addis Ababa is the war for the very existence of Ethiopia. All the pretension aside, Abiy is the most anti-Ethiopian bar none. Your underestimation of the Ethiopian people's intellect is mind-boggling. Your trifle this brazen anti-Ethiopian action then your crocodile tears is gushing out by pointing on other to deflect from the real instigator of the violence. Addis Ababa will remain the capital of all Ethiopians, no single ethnicity is going to have it exclusively. The OPDO morons get that in their skull sooner the better. Either we will have 82 ethnic flags in each school or we will have our one national flag in Ethiopian capital city. The choice is the moggasa nuts.
Oh my pal TGAA,

just cool down and say if you have something against the clause "the special interest of the Oromo people (or, Oromia region?) on Addis Ababa", which is the provisioning in the constitution.

Yes or no?

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 17 May 2022, 20:06

DefendTheTruth wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:22
TGAA wrote:
17 May 2022, 12:20
DefendTheTruth wrote:
temari wrote:

Oh my pal TGAA,

just cool down and say if you have something against the clause "the special interest of the Oromo people (or, Oromia region?) on Addis Ababa", which is the provisioning in the constitution.

Yes or no?
You really have a good go at humor. I didn't have a clue that weyane inserted " special interest " goes over service compensation to brazenly hoist the flag of one killell in the capital city of 120 mil people and 82 nationalities. In the capital city of the nation in one school the mogassast educational policy tries to institute on one side the other Ethiopian nationalities to sing the national anthem -- on the other side of the corner their Orom brothers in the same school sing the Oromia kelile anthem. one country two loyalty. You have no clue that you are preparing the coming generation for civil war. The ineptitude of the moggassa crowd is cringy. የጅብ ችኩል ቀን ይነክሳል !

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 17 May 2022, 20:08

temari wrote:

Did they say that they are the boss in town and in their own HOME while you came from your own region and working so hard day and night to bring back your well known cheesy ar$$ chest pumping feudal baboons to continue their usual Oromo land grabbing and Oromo marginalization as always. That is over baby! You must learn to depend on your own region's resources and live according to your own incomes depending on the levels of your contributions.

Being jealous and jealous about Oromo resources and Oromo human and material quality productions will take you no where even if you keep ranting and barking, spreading hate, Judas conspiracies on your shoddy minazi media propaganda outlets. If Addis Ababa is a city for all principles and practices are not enough for street corner vagabonds like you who have never learned peaceful coexistence and harmonious relationships instead wishing the coming back of your tyrannical chimp feudal dictators, then eat your toe nails spiced with fat snails.

Otherwise if living in harmony with other people is not your line of behavior then just get the hardest kicks or the fastest chops from my Holy Donkey direct to your hateful shrunken meat balls. Okay? Okay!!
:lol: :lol:

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 17 May 2022, 20:44

Right wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:03

Addis is the first capital city in the world to have a non residence appointed as a Mayor.
The PM changed the rule deliberately to appoint incompetent ethnic Oromos with a political Agenda.

The PM is obsessed and spent most of his time and budget on the city than the rest of the country. It is going to be ugly.
Addis Ababa is one of the first Oromo land whose fertile land have been militarily invaded, by neftegna fascists and their leaders who forcefully displaced, dispossessed, rendered Oromo owners the wretched of the earth. You may have a chest pumping vagabond neftegna baboon in mind for the mayor of finfinne because you consider the Oromo land and the Oromo city as your land grabber grandfather's bygone city. Adanech Abebe the competent mayor of Finfinne perfectly fits in being the mayor of the city and even more. Demographic engineering exists only between your two disturbed ears because of too much listening to your favorite nazi party tango lyrics. BINGO! :P :P

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 17 May 2022, 22:08

What special interest are you talking about?is it political interest?economic interest? or are you still playing victim politics,seeking reparations?
The founder of AA was part oromo decent and the people who settled there came from all corners of Ethiopia ,since AA became the capital city of Ethiopia.
Are you denying these people the rightful existence?
What business has someone coming from ,say Arsi over
The people of AA? In established cities such as new york,Sydney,etc nobody talks about special interest or demands reparation for being prior owner of the land.
It is sad people who live in multicultural western countries prescribe discrimination in their own country.

How about the vast majority that made what AA is?

According to your blinkered views ,people like Iskinder are trouble makers who should be deported wherever they came from. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Addis ababans give no quarters to ethnocentric sscumbags as you are no good to human or beast.

Right

Post by Right » 17 May 2022, 23:37

The history of the gala invasion by Professor Aleme Eshetie supported by strong ground based evidence - endorsed by Negaso’s thesis- endorsed by Aba Barheey diary- endorsed by Portuguese explorers of the day clearly indicates Oromo immigrants and invaders should not claim any land in Ethiopia.
Be careful for what you wish for. It is better to live in peace with individual freedom. Don’t listen to the Weyannies and Egyptians THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.

The Amharic saying: alaref yale tat are yetenekulale or yekotun awerd bela yebetuan talech - etc.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 18 May 2022, 00:21

sun wrote:
17 May 2022, 20:44
Right wrote:
17 May 2022, 16:03

Addis Ababa is one of the first Oromo land whose fertile land have been militarily invaded, by neftegna fascists and their leaders who forcefully displaced, dispossessed, rendered Oromo owners the wretched of the earth. You may have a chest pumping vagabond neftegna baboon in mind for the mayor of finfinne because you consider the Oromo land and the Oromo city as your land grabber grandfather's bygone city. Adanech Abebe the competent mayor of Finfinne perfectly fits in being the mayor of the city and even more. Demographic engineering exists only between your two disturbed ears because of too much listening to your favorite nazi party tango lyrics. BINGO! :P :P
The king of f--- ting donkeys! Mr.sun. Pulling out a hodgepodge concocted history in hope of snatching the sweat and labor of all Ethiopians, Addis Ababa, to crown to moggassa crowed with 61% GDP Ethiopia and rule the Ethiopian people is beyond your capability. with all this chest tamping you may have a feeling, everything is within grasp or already is in grasp, I grant you that you will fail and regret that you tried. The Ethiopia people already have spitted you out as they did weyanes , but you surpassed weyaness in three years. Ethiopians are tolerant but not fools. You will find out soon.

Right

Post by Right » 18 May 2022, 00:45

Ethiopians who identify themselves as Oromo,

Please don’t listen to the Weyannies and Egyptians THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. By behaving the way you are behaving you will lose everything.
The Weyannies and Egyptians are using you for their own agenda as if you are an animal.

temari

Post by temari » 31 May 2022, 15:29

https://www.facebook.com/yitba.kebe/vid ... 541562245/
https://www.facebook.com/tata.tutu.5201 ... 259985071/