Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

America's Big Government Dummies Wake Up and Tremble Thomas Jefferson

Post by Naga Tuma » 05 May 2022, 18:48

I do not think that it would be farfetched to say that as one of the founding fathers of the U.S., Thomas Jefferson understood the U.S. Constitution that he was involved in writing.

The recent leaked U.S. Supreme Court draft document states that the U.S. "Constitution makes no reference to abortion." With this simple statement, the Supreme Court absolves itself of the issue.

There is now a big public debate in America about whether abortion can be made illegal or not.

I have no expertise in law. My reading of the fact that the constitution makes no reference to abortion suggests that the constitution that Thomas Jefferson was involved in writing Circa 1776 does not explicitly make it illegal. My understanding of the 1973 Roe V. Decision is that it was explicitly made legal.

The bigger question that comes to mind is more than whether a society can reach some consensus about whether it can be made legal or illegal. It is a hard decision for sure.

It is not about the moral question of whether it is wrong or right. It is in what Big Government world a tax paid government official thinks he or she loves the union of seeds of citizens more than those citizens that produced the seeds. In my book, any tax paid government official who would have me believe that he or she loves more is a dummy.

Thomas Jefferson wasn't a dummy. He wasn't a saint, either. He had the capacity to say he trembled for his country when he reflected that God is just. He also had the capacity to pursue knowledge and aptitude for art.

I connected with his pursuit for aptitude of art several years ago when I came across his personal letter that was printed in a textbook of a Humanity's course. I can not imagine that he would think that a boy from Ethiopia's countryside might stumble upon his personal letter more than two centuries later. I can hardly imagine if my personal opinion here could go anywhere two centuries from now.

After reading his short personal letter, I wished I could resurrect him and talk to him in person. His pursuit of knowledge took him all the way back to the era of Goddess Athena on the European side of the Mediterranean Sea. He sounded that he had no knowledge of the era of Pharaoh Akhenaten on the African side of the Mediterranean Sea, which predates the era of Goddess Athena. He sounded to have a lot of appetite for the aptitude of art. At the same time, he sounded that he had no knowledge about the most decorated Pharaoh in history, Tutankhamun.

That lack of knowledge in his era is what I wanted to talk to him about if I could resurrect him. He projected the deficit of knowledge of the self as a deficiency of aptitude of another self. That fallacious projection has been consequential for a long time now.

I have not read many fiction books. However, I have read The Da Vinci code with enthusiasm. Many have admired the fictional narrative in this book. What I admire more in this book is the passant reference to ancient Egypt's outlook about sacred union.

ተዋህዶ, which means union, has been in official religious use in Ethiopia for a long time now.

If Thomas Jefferson rose from his grave today, would he fault himself and his contemporaries for not making any reference to abortion in the constitution that he was involved in writing or would he say that reference is made to it now by big government dummies that fail to understand the basic functions of constitutional governance. I wouldn't fault him for that and I do not think he would fault himself for it, either. Instead, he might tremble by how much governance has been made bigger by Big Government dummies. I am sure real dummies do not have the capacity to evolve, repent, or get lost.

Now, the real question is how taxpayer funded big government proponents of outlawing the difficult decision of abortion can reconcile with Thomas Jefferson that they have woken up from his grave to tremble? The U.S. Constitution is superior to any other law of the land. That means it is hard to tell how Thomas Jefferson, if he rose from his grave today, would react to any new law that is an affront to the U.S. Constitution he was involved in writing.

ethiopianunity
Member+

Re: America's Big Government Dummies Wake Up and Tremble Thomas Jefferson

Post by ethiopianunity » 05 May 2022, 23:06

You are being duped by of this abortion issue to distract you away with the current war in Ukraine. For gods sake Ethiopians, turn on the internet and see what is going on. In this day and edge with open Internet, Ethiopia is still losing on information war because of not you but especially other Ethiopians are too lazy to find out the truth on the world issue instead, they like to attack their own.