Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Pirates & thieves!!!

Post by Zmeselo » 05 May 2022, 16:19

Can TPLF’s Reputation in Copyright Piracy continue unabated?

http://www.qienit.com/can-tplfs-reputat ... -unabated/

5 May, 2022

Once again, TPLF & its cohorts are engaged in stealing, violating & vandalising Eritrean music, lyrics and melodies. The latest victim of TPLF’s state sponsored vandalism is the main body of the great work of art, lyrics and melody of Eritrea’s timeless legend Tsehaytu Beraki (RIP). Eritreans all over the world are expressing their anger after witnessing, once again, the work of art of their legend stolen and released on YouTube last Saturday by an account named “Lijam melody”.

With a lawless authorities in Tigray with a past reputation of encouraging such piracy, today they have put forward as a tool of their cultural vandalism, a vocalist at the epicentre of it all, by the name Mahlet Geregiorgis. It may be legal to do that in a lawless Tigray held hostage by the lawless TPLF Junta but once the stolen material is uploaded on YouTube for financial gain, they can’t get away with it as she is in clear violation of the copyright laws. They have neither given recognition, nor asked permission from the original creator.

During its time in power, the TPLF regime used to have a field day abusing its power corrupting so many people by encouraging such unwarranted vandalism in a cultural sphere when they used to dip their sticky fingers into the jar until Eritreans finally decided to take the matter to the law after Legend Abraham Afeworki’s works of Art were stolen. What makes many of our victims of such daylight robberies such as Abraham Afeworki, Taehaytu Beraki and many others is that, unlike the thieving vocalist from Tigray region held hostage by the TPLF, the Eritrean artists aren’t only vocalists but are also talented in playing various musical instruments, creating their melody & writing their own lyrics. Whereas, the only talents of the lazy thieves calling themselves “Artists” from across the Mereb River is to vocally imitate or ape others’ works of art, infringe on Copy-Right laws, pretend the music they stole is theirs and engage in deceitful business in order to make a living by monetising it on YouTube.

The vandal vocalist Mahlet Geregiorgis, who stole Tsehaitu Beraki’s melody and the main body of her lyrics and released it on YouTube via “Liham Melody” platform (with 381K subscribers), has gained 246K views since it was uploaded on the eve of Easter Sunday.

If the host doesn’t immediately take the action to remove the stolen work of art from its YouTube platform, we can show our protest by unsubscribing the platform that hosted a stolen music & report the copyrights infringement.

The great news is that, the following day on a special Sunday Fasiga Live program from Asmara, artists Eden Kesete and Samuel Zerezghi (Esau) have released via a new and upcoming YouTube platform called “Shro Entertainment” a new and beautiful traditional music of such creative work of arts backed by a Live musical band and have gained fame already with a record 287K views in a space of only four days since it was released….

Though we are proud of our incremental rise in creative works of art, but we also got so wary of seeing our creative works of art vandalised almost on a regular basis. Our music, our history, our pictures, including pictures of some Eritrean icons that are still alive have been stolen by a special TPLF’s branch of photo-shopping army called Digital-Weyane.

Once again, those notorious vandals who are absolutely bereft of any morality, credibility, integrity, ability, creativity and confidence are expected to stalk on any of our newly released and old works of art and make it a target of their usual thievery to gain fame for few days before they inevitably go down the gutter after getting reported to the cleaners…..

The cat & mouse game will continue as we have no choice, but continue to create while they continue to steal. And if they want to continue playing the cat & mouse game, we'll make sure we are the cats.

Cultural correspondent, 29/4/2022

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: Pirates & thieves!!!

Post by Zmeselo » 05 May 2022, 16:31

This terrorist bîtch is making the people of Tigray die for him, while his son and family are safe in the US.

lil kogne

Post by lil kogne » 05 May 2022, 17:36

Zmeselo, Can TPLF’s Reputation in Copyright Piracy continue unabated? although the thread is right in exposing the thievery of the Agames be it our language, Culture, history, Music and our independence struggle, the lady at top singing is not Tsehaytu Beraki. It is Amleset Abay for I know who tsehaytu is.

lil kogne

Post by lil kogne » 05 May 2022, 18:00

oh sorry, I recant on my statement. one of my pals clarified the moving pic depicted on top is indeed Tsehaytu Beraki.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 05 May 2022, 18:30

lil kogne wrote:
05 May 2022, 18:00
oh sorry, I recant on my statement. one of my pals clarified the moving pic depicted on top is indeed Tsehaytu Beraki.

No problems, brother!

Check this out. They're panicking. :mrgreen:

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 05 May 2022, 18:50

Osman Saleh, Yemane Gebreab and Sergey Lavrov

Russia, the Red Sea and Eritrea’s vast potash reserves

04/05/2022

Martin Plaut

https://martinplaut.com/2022/05/04/russ ... -reserves/

Important developments are under way in Eritrea’s relations with Russia.

To take the most recent development first: in a Tweet released today, the Russian Ambassador to Eritrea, Igor N. Mozgo announced that he met with the Chairman of the Australian mining company Danakali Ltd, Mr. S. Kornelius, on 28 April 2022.

An ambassador meets a businessman: nothing extraordinary about this.

But in Eritrea – where next to nothing is officially announced – it is important to see events in context. And the context is this: the meeting comes hard on the heels of a trip to Moscow by Eritrea’s Foreign Minister, Osman Saleh Mohammed with President Isaias’s closest adviser, Yemane Gebreab. There he met his opposite number: Russia’s veteran Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov.

Osman Saleh had held discussions with the Russian ambassador just prior to setting off for Moscow.

The Russia – Eritrea relationship

The Economist quoted https://eritreahub.org/why-is-eritrea-b ... in-ukraine the noted Eritrean historian, Gaim Kibreab, who provided an insight into the history of this relationship.

The author of a recent book on Soviet-Eritrean relations, he argues that despite this
the EPLF always considered the Soviet Union as a strategic ally against imperialism, and saw America as its number one enemy.

Even after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Isaias Afewerki, the EPLF’s former leader and Eritrea’s dictator since independence, has continued to see himself as part of an axis of anti-Western powers led by Russia.

In recent years the Russians have strengthened this relationship, suggesting that one of Eritrea’s ports would make an ideal base https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-talks-er ... 64939.html from which to operate in the Red Sea.
A negotiation process is under way regarding the creation of a logistics center at one of the ports in Eritrea to boost our bilateral trade,
Lavrov was quoted as saying by Interfax in September 2018, after talks with his Eritrean counterpart Osman Saleh in the Russian resort city of Sochi.

Suggestions that this relationship has blossomed was underlined when the Eritrean opposition TV station, Erisat broadcast
details of the Eritrean military making a visit to Russia two days ago.

Erisat mentioned that four senior generals had gone to Moscow following the visit by Foreign Minister Osman Saleh and Yemane Gebreab. It is rare for Eritrean generals to be in the news, let alone feature in a televised international visit.

The giant potash deposit

But this relationship is beginning to look like much more than logistics or geo-politics. The Danakil depression in eastern Eritrea contains one of the largest potash deposits https://www.mining-technology.com/proje ... h-project/ in the world.

The exploitation of this vast reserve, which straddles the Eritrea-Ethiopia border, has been under consideration since 2015 as a joint venture https://www.mining-technology.com/proje ... t-danakil/ with the Eritrean government.

In initial plans, it was suggested that developing the potash could see the construction of a new Eritrea port at Anfile Bay. Subsequently this suggestion was dropped due to the bad substrate that would need stabilizing. The port of Massawa will be the main outlet for the potash.

In July 2020 the semi-official Eritrean website, Tesfanews, https://www.tesfanews.net/eritrea-appro ... ment-plan/ announced:

Danakali has been given the final green light from the Eritrean Ministry of Energy and Mines to develop its world-class Colluli potash project.

Australia’s Danakali is closer to getting its Colluli potash project off the ground after the Eritrean Ministry of Energy & Mines (MoEM) accepted the company’s development plan https://www.danakali.com.au/images/stor ... proval.pdf for the mine.

The endorsement takes the miner another step closer towards building the world-class sulphate of potash (SOP) mine, which has been called “a game-changer” https://www.danakali.com.au/the-colluli ... ndp-report for Eritrea’s economy.

Enter the Russian oligarch

Developing a project of this magnitude requires very deep pockets and it was hard to see how sufficient money would be raised to finance it.

At this point Russian businessman Andrei Melnichenko, came forward with an agreement https://eritrea-focus.org/russian-billi ... rean-mine/ to buy the entire output of one of the potash mine. The deal was signed in 2018.

The 2018 statement, http://www.danakali.com.au/images/stori ... rochem.pdf from Australian based Dankali Limited, said that Eurochem
will take, pay, market and distribute up to 100% (minimum 87%)
of its sulphate of potash output.

Danakali’s chairman, Seamus Cornelius, described https://smallcaps.com.au/danakali-corne ... -eurochem/ the deal as a
significant milestone because it enables Danakali to achieve the required project funding and significantly de-risks its financial position in relation to its Colluli potash project.
The Colluli mine is the company’s flagship asset that will produce almost 1 million kilotons of sulphate of potash annually when the project is fully developed over the coming years. Exploration had been under way since 2012.

Eurochem

Eurochem was then owned by Andrei Melnichenko, reportedly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Melnichenko Russia’s seventh richest businessmen, with an estimated wealth of over $15 billion.

Melnichenko was reported https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht/sai ... t-a/owner/ to own many houses: a villa in Cap D’Antibes named Villa Altair and a US$ 12 million penthouse in New York. And the US$ 40 million Harewood Estate in the UK, along with a string of fancy yachts and planes to fly him between these assets.

But the war in Ukraine has put pressure on Russia oligarchs who have come under increasing sanctions from the West.

In March 2022 Eurochem announced https://www.eurochemgroup.com/media-ann ... neficiary/ that Mr Melnichenko was stepping down.

EuroChem Group AG, a leading global fertilizer producer, announces that Andrey Melnichenko has resigned his position as Non-Executive Director of the Board of Directors, and withdrawn as main beneficiary, effective March 9, 2022.

The move follows Mr. Melnichenko’s inclusion in an EU sanctions list, and was taken to ensure EuroChem is able to continue providing millions of people around the world with nutrients for agriculture, helping to underpin global food security.

It is – of course – difficult to put all these pieces together.

It is clear that the Eritrea-Russia relationship is strengthening both politically and militarily. But it is important not to ignore the economic dimension.

The meeting between Ambassador Mozgo and the Chairman Danakali Ltd, Mr. S. Kornelius, indicated the future development of the potash mine is under discussion between the Danakali company and the Russian government. It’s output will find a guaranteed market through EuroChem, with or without Andrey Melnichenko.

Once the potash mine starts production it will – as the Eritrean government claims – be a “game-changer” for the economy.

The country will have the cash to underwrite its seemingly endless military exploits across the Horn of Africa – of which the war in Tigray is only the latest manifestation.

A Russians base in an Eritrean port could cement the Eritrean-Russian relationship, with the potential to transform the region.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 05 May 2022, 19:29

Here we go again, Martin Plaut. To me, he sounds like a white Junta! How is that you ask? Well, just look how he "reports" his story with a fit of clear jealousy and evil intentions towards Eritrea, just like the evil Weyanes have been doing.
The truth is the Colluli Potash project, once the production engine started roaring, will benefit, not only Eritrea and its shareholders but also the Agames, which I am sure will flock to the area in search of jobs with mouth-watering salaries and tantalizing benefits.
I am saying this because I believe politics should not inhibit economics and its growth. In fact, had the Agames been smart enough they should have cooperated with Eritrea (in this case) instead of committing suicide by instigating wars against unsuspecting Eritrea. But doing that would trigger their ever-present and self-imposed inferiority complex that, sadly, drives them berserk and commit egregious crimes against the "ሓማሸናይ" of course Eritrea!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 05 May 2022, 19:42

Temt wrote:
05 May 2022, 19:29
Here we go again, Martin Plaut. To me, he sounds like a white Junta! How is that you ask? Well, just look how he "reports" his story with a fit of clear jealousy and evil intentions towards Eritrea, just like the evil Weyanes have been doing.
The truth is the Colluli Potash project, once the production engine started roaring, will benefit, not only Eritrea and its shareholders but also the Agames, which I am sure will flock to the area in search of jobs with mouth-watering salaries and tantalizing benefits.
I am saying this because I believe politics should not inhibit economics and its growth. In fact, had the Agames been smart enough they should have cooperated with Eritrea (in this case) instead of committing suicide by instigating wars against unsuspecting Eritrea. But doing that would trigger their ever-present and self-imposed inferiority complex that, sadly, drives them berserk and commit egregious crimes against the "ሓማሸናይ" of course Eritrea!

These dummies have their own Potassium on their side of the border, too. They couldn't even attempt to extract it tho, because the Israeli company tasked with the project found the issue of transporting the potash to Djibouti port economically infeasible.
Last edited by Zmeselo on 05 May 2022, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 05 May 2022, 20:19

“ህወሓት ንስሀ ካልገባ ፣ የኤርትራና ኢትዮጵያ ዳግም ጦርነት ያሰጋኛል!!” ኦሃድ ቤንዓሚ | አንድ አፍታ ወግ

quindibu

Post by quindibu » 05 May 2022, 21:53

Zmeselo wrote:
05 May 2022, 18:30
Context insensitiveness and historical amnesia are the enduring characters of these so-called Western experts.......this ignoramus conflict-peddler is no different either.

The reality remains Eritrea has been the major force and catalyst in reshaping the region........ If the very creation and existence of the nation Eritrea doesn't prove this idiot's assertion wrong, I don't know what would. To understand the magnitude of that Eritrean feat, he should ask the Palestinians, the Kurds, the Quebecers in Canada, or the Catalans in Spain......never mind the gun-toting tribal degenerates to our South.

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 05 May 2022, 23:18