Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

My Thoughts on Roe v Wade: a Rational Conversation to Abortion

Post by teodroseIII » 04 May 2022, 14:38

Nearly fifty years have passed since a landmark ruling sanctioned women’s rights to have abortions without excessive government restrictions. Over that time, this topic has morphed into a cottage industry that enriches political insiders while polarizing Americans along ideological lines. The leaked memo that outlines the Supreme Court’s intention of overturning Roe vs Wade will only erode the public discourse and induce strife during time we desperately need civility the most.

Such is the tragedy of our politics; rational conversations have been made impossible by extremists on the fringes who are dictating social norms. Let me state something that should be a given but has become an outlier in a political zeitgeist that values cancellations and diminishes cordiality. I believe in maximum freedom of choice; we have a right to lead our lives as we wish as long as people’s actions do not infringe on the rights of others or don’t endanger the broader public....continued...

READ FULL ARTILCE AT: https://fikre4va.com/rational-conversation-to-abortion/

Abere

Re: My Thoughts on Roe v Wade: a Rational Conversation to Abortion

Post by Abere » 04 May 2022, 16:21

I have been living in the US since for several years. Always, the Channel TV is more busy about abortion, g@y, foreing relations. I am just wondering how important and helpful these thinhgs are in bringing food into the kitchen tables of ordinary folks. I don't elect, because I am an Ethiopian citizen. Naturally, I am curious to know new events not these same stuff all the time. Of course, Black minority issues. But, the Black minority issues lost focus because it comes mingled with g@y,abortion, drug/crime/
teodroseIII wrote:
04 May 2022, 14:38
Nearly fifty years have passed since a landmark ruling sanctioned women’s rights to have abortions without excessive government restrictions. Over that time, this topic has morphed into a cottage industry that enriches political insiders while polarizing Americans along ideological lines. The leaked memo that outlines the Supreme Court’s intention of overturning Roe vs Wade will only erode the public discourse and induce strife during time we desperately need civility the most.

Such is the tragedy of our politics; rational conversations have been made impossible by extremists on the fringes who are dictating social norms. Let me state something that should be a given but has become an outlier in a political zeitgeist that values cancellations and diminishes cordiality. I believe in maximum freedom of choice; we have a right to lead our lives as we wish as long as people’s actions do not infringe on the rights of others or don’t endanger the broader public....continued...

READ FULL ARTILCE AT: https://fikre4va.com/rational-conversation-to-abortion/

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Re: My Thoughts on Roe v Wade: a Rational Conversation to Abortion

Post by Ethoash » 07 May 2022, 10:28

Abere wrote:
04 May 2022, 16:21
I have been living in the US since for several years. Always, the Channel TV is more busy about abortion, g@y, foreign relations. I am just wondering how important and helpful these things are in bringing food into the kitchen tables of ordinary folks. I don't elect, because I am an Ethiopian citizen. Naturally, I am curious to know new events not these same stuff all the time. Of course, Black minority issues. But, the Black minority issues lost focus because it comes mingled with g@y,abortion, drug/crime/

አቶ አቡሯ

ምን ተቀባጥራለህ በሐይሌስላሴ ግዜ ነው የወጣዅወ። Ato Abere Roe vs Wade is very important issue it also affect mama Ethiopia if they make it illegal to have abortion then Ethiopia must follow the same policy otherwise no aids, up to recently do u know how many Ethiopian women died because of back alley abortions....

second what Teddy have to talk is what the American people want to hear not non electing Ethiopian citizen think he should talk.. me to i have many idea how to improve the black society... the black set in big wealth their house and location worth billion if they knew how to reinvest and build brand new high rising appointment... but i will not advice this for Teddy to talk about the black economy empowerment more white will vote against him and lose so he must be smart and talk what the people want to hear and get elected and do your job... the only advice i suggest is be merciless ... this is what happened to Obama when he had political capital he didn't implement national wide national health policy because he want to give the Republican a chance ... then when the Republican come back they didn't have mercy on him so they make him fail in every point ... so when u have a chance never give your opponent a chance do it ..