Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Somaliman

What Do You Think Would Happen In Eritrea After President Isaias Dies?

Post by Somaliman » 03 May 2022, 16:26

Sure, I would be the last person to wish President Afwerqi's death, however, as any human being will die when their time comes, I wonder whom you're thinking of that would replace him and your prognosis after that in Eritrea!

Anyhow, I'll have to go visit Eritrea prior to the funny skinny-jeans-wearing army of young Eritreans that are roaming across Europe in three or four groups would flock back home for vacation to distort and spoil the current tranquillity in Asmara. Amen.

tarik
Senior Member+

Re: What Do You Think Would Happen In Eritrea After President Isaias Dies?

Post by tarik » 03 May 2022, 16:56

Hey evil agame from cursed-land-tigray pretending 2 be a Somalian brother. I know it's u idiot zack or hawdian. Anyhow PIA don't die he reincarnates. Don't worry i tarik z Great Eritrean and enemy of cursed-land-tigray ppl aka beggars and liars and thieves of z world, and i will be leading my Eritrea and we will build a nuclear weapon and bomb cursed-land-tigrah ppl 2 ashes. BTW: PIA is laughing @ all his enemies :lol:

lil kogne

Post by lil kogne » 03 May 2022, 18:03

Somaliman, I AM GOING TO BE VERY CANDID WITH YOU REGARDLESS YOUR INTENTIONS.
As you put it all human kind dies when their time is up and so President Afwerqi will die just like any other human being. But, Eritrea has many Afwerqis and for your information President Afwerqi by him self does not move the country neither did he won the independence . All the hard fought battles are foundation for our nation that would not waver in any kind of situation. So, you shouldn't be worried about what would happen to Eritrea if and when. You should be worried about the country that you dwell for it is in a turmoil d/t ethnic strife.

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 03 May 2022, 18:09

Eritrea has thousands and thousands of mini Afwerkis

Wardoffa

Post by Wardoffa » 03 May 2022, 19:38

Somaliman wrote:
03 May 2022, 16:26
Sure, I would be the last person to wish President Afwerqi's death, however, as any human being will die when their time comes, I wonder whom you're thinking of that would replace him and your prognosis after that in Eritrea!

Anyhow, I'll have to go visit Eritrea prior to the funny skinny-jeans-wearing army of young Eritreans that are roaming across Europe in three or four groups would flock back home for vacation to distort and spoil the current tranquillity in Asmara. Amen.
Well - candid Eritreans could better enlighten us on this topic because the question is near and dear to them than me who is an outside onlooker.

This questions makes sense if it was “what would have happened if Isayas was gone than what will happen in the future m?” But from what I see, societies are not static and the prediction we had 10 or 20 years ago are almost nothing.

I even remember a reflection of TPLF’s prediction when before the 2020 war, Siye Abrha said, “Eritrea (which he said is essentially the Tigrigna highlanders) is eroded with youth flight to EU, which he said was the core that could sustain Eritrea, is unable to withstand a strong shock such as TPLF invasion. But that prediction was formulated and nurtured when a thinker called Meles was in around and we all saw that it didn’t hold water in 2020.

So societies are dynamic and feed on what is around them today than yesterday.

This is proved with what we saw in 2020. Even TPLF was betraying its weakness admitting that “We could easily have defeated Ethiopians, our problem are the Eritreans!” And we saw that Eritrea took the opportunity to punish TPLF for all it did after 2000.

TPLF believed that Isayas’s was relying on lowland Eritreans who they thought would fragment in war. But we saw that they were even more lethal as they don’t care about whoever is the enemy and that they’re ruthless. This shows that TPLF’s hope of overpowering militarily was a miscalculation believing that the lowland Eritreans would not be that attached to Isayas/Eritrea. But 2020 has proved that TPLF’s theory was useless and a 2nd grader’s hypothesis.

What I think would happen in Eritrea after Isayas, the short answer is “Nothing!” Eritrean society is far solid and cohesive than one thinks. Most predicted that Eritrea would not be self sufficient and would be weak after independence. My Eritrean Amchie friend used to tell me an Eritrean joke of a couple who left for Asmara after independence and when asked “How is life after natsinet?” and the husband answered, “Natsinet is good with my wife enjoying it with ensosila, I enjoying it with Topaz.” At that time many thought economics will be the end of all things. But Eritrea, with all its shortcomings became a country that withstood unspeakable shocks and attacks thrown against by US, EU, EPRDF and built a proud, self reliant and confident society. So to think that Eritrean society is just defined by Isayas is a juvenile prediction as the society has grown to have a life of its own.

I’m not being over optimistic but the theory that Eritrea will collapse/weaken/disappear after Isayas is born in the minds of TPLF wishful thinkers, especially after 2018. And that thought could have worked if TPLF was in the same strong position it was in before Meshrefet came to the scene. Meles was of opinion that once Isayas was weakened by sanctions and encirclement Eritrea will be an easy prey without even firing a bullet. But even if Meles was alive, that theory will misfire now because Eritrean society has grown even more bitter about TPLF that it is with Isayas and TPLF has no state power it has before Meshrefet. To the calculus has changed BIG time.

So even if Isayas is no more around, the Eritrean identity he helped grow and nurture to fruition is not going anywhere. And even if TPLF hopes and dreams about interfering in Eritrean issues, it won’t be like Badme time. TPLF without Ethiopia will have no chance of making inroads except as usual playing with the lives of TDF peasants’ blood.

So Isayas could be a decisive person if Eritreans were divided and looked on TPLF as a force of positive change. TPLF is discredited in East Africa and to expect any one to be a positive force of change is a lost cause. And as TPLF is discredited, weakened and proved to be a force of realists, robbers and losers, what would happen after Isayas is a question with an easy answer - “Nothing”.

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 03 May 2022, 19:55

What happens the day after Isaias Afwerki leaves Us? (Data-Driven Analysis)

Axumezana

Post by Axumezana » 04 May 2022, 04:45

I have been forecasting about this for more than one year.

- Eritrea shall be destabilized and with out government for some time

- Eritreans from diaspora shall reestablish a new Tigray/ Ethiopia friendly democratic government and Eritrea shall develop fast and shall become among the great nations in Africa
- The border between Ethiopia/Tigray and Eritrea shall be liberalized for the people from both sides to freely travel and benefit based on equitable and mutual respect

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 May 2022, 12:41

Wardoffa wrote:
03 May 2022, 19:38
Somaliman wrote:
03 May 2022, 16:26

Well - candid Eritreans could better enlighten us on this topic because the question is near and dear to them than me who is an outside onlooker.

This questions makes sense if it was “what would have happened if Isayas was gone than what will happen in the future m?” But from what I see, societies are not static and the prediction we had 10 or 20 years ago are almost nothing.

I even remember a reflection of TPLF’s prediction when before the 2020 war, Siye Abrha said, “Eritrea (which he said is essentially the Tigrigna highlanders) is eroded with youth flight to EU, which he said was the core that could sustain Eritrea, is unable to withstand a strong shock such as TPLF invasion. But that prediction was formulated and nurtured when a thinker called Meles was in around and we all saw that it didn’t hold water in 2020.

So societies are dynamic and feed on what is around them today than yesterday.

This is proved with what we saw in 2020. Even TPLF was betraying its weakness admitting that “We could easily have defeated Ethiopians, our problem are the Eritreans!” And we saw that Eritrea took the opportunity to punish TPLF for all it did after 2000.

TPLF believed that Isayas’s was relying on lowland Eritreans who they thought would fragment in war. But we saw that they were even more lethal as they don’t care about whoever is the enemy and that they’re ruthless. This shows that TPLF’s hope of overpowering militarily was a miscalculation believing that the lowland Eritreans would not be that attached to Isayas/Eritrea. But 2020 has proved that TPLF’s theory was useless and a 2nd grader’s hypothesis.

What I think would happen in Eritrea after Isayas, the short answer is “Nothing!” Eritrean society is far solid and cohesive than one thinks. Most predicted that Eritrea would not be self sufficient and would be weak after independence. My Eritrean Amchie friend used to tell me an Eritrean joke of a couple who left for Asmara after independence and when asked “How is life after natsinet?” and the husband answered, “Natsinet is good with my wife enjoying it with ensosila, I enjoying it with Topaz.” At that time many thought economics will be the end of all things. But Eritrea, with all its shortcomings became a country that withstood unspeakable shocks and attacks thrown against by US, EU, EPRDF and built a proud, self reliant and confident society. So to think that Eritrean society is just defined by Isayas is a juvenile prediction as the society has grown to have a life of its own.

I’m not being over optimistic but the theory that Eritrea will collapse/weaken/disappear after Isayas is born in the minds of TPLF wishful thinkers, especially after 2018. And that thought could have worked if TPLF was in the same strong position it was in before Meshrefet came to the scene. Meles was of opinion that once Isayas was weakened by sanctions and encirclement Eritrea will be an easy prey without even firing a bullet. But even if Meles was alive, that theory will misfire now because Eritrean society has grown even more bitter about TPLF that it is with Isayas and TPLF has no state power it has before Meshrefet. To the calculus has changed BIG time.

So even if Isayas is no more around, the Eritrean identity he helped grow and nurture to fruition is not going anywhere. And even if TPLF hopes and dreams about interfering in Eritrean issues, it won’t be like Badme time. TPLF without Ethiopia will have no chance of making inroads except as usual playing with the lives of TDF peasants’ blood.

So Isayas could be a decisive person if Eritreans were divided and looked on TPLF as a force of positive change. TPLF is discredited in East Africa and to expect any one to be a positive force of change is a lost cause. And as TPLF is discredited, weakened and proved to be a force of realists, robbers and losers, what would happen after Isayas is a question with an easy answer - “Nothing”.

This questions makes sense if it was “what would have happened if Isayas was gone than what will happen in the future m?”
No, Isaias is not going, as the West has no interest whatsoever in Eritrea, therefore, no need to bet on this.

And even if TPLF hopes and dreams about interfering in Eritrean issues,
Yet it's not the TPLF that made "Eritrea the world's fastest emptying nation” or this funny skinny-jeans-wearing army of young Eritreans to roam across Europe in three or four groups!

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 04 May 2022, 16:06

Tarik - the Arab wannabe,

You know very well why you deserted Eritrea for Sudan in the first place for so many years, to the extent that by speaking the Sudanese Arabic dialect you think you're an Arab.

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 07 Dec 2023, 09:13

sarcasm wrote:
03 May 2022, 19:55
What happens the day after Isaias Afwerki leaves Us? (Data-Driven Analysis)

Birged Nihamedu must start to scenario analysis to avoid disaster.

sesame
Member+

Post by sesame » 07 Dec 2023, 09:58

AweTush, Your people are starving now in Chigray and it is only December. What do you think is going to happen over the next 10 months? Home many Agames are going to starve to death? You don't seem to be bothered about the total collapse of your Agameland! :lol: :lol: :lol: