Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

Ermias Amelga: Ethiopia's Deepak Chopra!! Ermiasism - Z new Buzz word

Post by Horus » 01 May 2022, 12:42

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... yas+amelga

Listen to fake story about Ermias ... the unbreakable !

Selam/

Re: Ermias Amelga: Ethiopia's Deepak Chopra!! Ermiasism - Z new Buzz word

Post by Selam/ » 01 May 2022, 15:36

Come on, Horus!

Deepak Chopra is an annoying health & healing guru entangled with pseudoscience. I used to read his books & follow his speeches. While I still love his thoughts on human awareness & consciousness, his unnecessary entanglement with physics & specifically quantum theory made me believe that he’s just targeting some niche audience to keep the money flowing. I later discovered Eckhart Tolle & was blown away by the simplicity & clarity of his teachings without the science nonsense that Chopra often involves. I haven’t read Ermias’s “የማይሰበረው” but based on the interviews he made, he appears to be enlightened. I am however not a fan of yogis because they literally practice a mystical & religious system that’s disguised as a mere mental & physical exercise.
Horus wrote:
01 May 2022, 12:42
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... yas+amelga

Listen to fake story about Ermias ... the unbreakable !

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 01 May 2022, 16:09

Selam/

Let me tell you why I associated Emrias and Deepak. Until reently, Ermias has been mainly known for his innovative business ideas . He was not only a student of economics and management but he was also a minor in philosophy. As he got older he has become more of a lifestyle guru and large group motivational guru! You know what I am talking about folks like Chopra and wayne. This is new to Ethiopia. As for intellectual background, I am not a follower of Chopra or Tolle. Tolle does not have any remarkable academic origin. Chopra is a medical Dr. I think he is also a strong evolutionary theorist. So is Ermias. You don't find a lot of conscious and knowledgeable Darwinians in Ethiopia (with the exception of prof. Yirga Tesema who did his phd on Darwin and translated Origin of the species into Amharic). Chopra tries to combine Hinduism with positive psychology (motivational human potential movement). Ermias is taking off from his 1 meal per day life style and venturing into similar human potential and Peak Human Performance movement. It is all new to Ethiopia! It is all good. Tolle is different; he belong to the more exotic transcendentalist school.

A few years back, the fashion was to associate quantum physics or quantum relativity, the theory of everything and consciousness if you wanted to philosophize about reality and the mind. It is now more into evolutionary psychology and neurology. There is nothing wrong with these things; all we need to know is at what scale or level of analysis we are looking at a given reality. When we prepare kitfo beqocho, we don't think at the level of particle physics. That is all!

Selam/

Post by Selam/ » 02 May 2022, 09:08

I will need to read Ermias’s book & listen to his motivational speeches before I say one or the other way. His one-meal-per-day life style is remarkable and an eye opener to the learned & meat devouring Ethiopians although many Ethiopians are already malnourished & skip at least one meal a day. My grandma used to say, ‘I need to give my stomach a break’ and she purposely skipped breakfast & dinner oftentimes aside from the regular orthodox Christian fasting.

We have lost that kind of thousands of years of common knowledge. Give a break to your stomach! It makes me realize how little I know and how much I have become conditioned. The realty our brain perceives might not really be real. That’s where the role of those motivational gurus comes in, making us aware & conscious & filling in the large gap between perception & reality. As you said, life is simple for those who are awoken & they don’t really need to be entangled into quantum physics to prove it. There are many things even the leading quantum physicist aren’t sure about. I see a homeless person on my way to work, I realize how little one needs to make it on planet earth. And I see some morons on this forum and realize how human brain could be easily conditioned & taken to a dark place.
Horus wrote:
01 May 2022, 16:09
Selam/

Let me tell you why I associated Emrias and Deepak. Until reently, Ermias has been mainly known for his innovative business ideas . He was not only a student of economics and management but he was also a minor in philosophy. As he got older he has become more of a lifestyle guru and large group motivational guru! You know what I am talking about folks like Chopra and wayne. This is new to Ethiopia. As for intellectual background, I am not a follower of Chopra or Tolle. Tolle does not have any remarkable academic origin. Chopra is a medical Dr. I think he is also a strong evolutionary theorist. So is Ermias. You don't find a lot of conscious and knowledgeable Darwinians in Ethiopia (with the exception of prof. Yirga Tesema who did his phd on Darwin and translated Origin of the species into Amharic). Chopra tries to combine Hinduism with positive psychology (motivational human potential movement). Ermias is taking off from his 1 meal per day life style and venturing into similar human potential and Peak Human Performance movement. It is all new to Ethiopia! It is all good. Tolle is different; he belong to the more exotic transcendentalist school.

A few years back, the fashion was to associate quantum physics or quantum relativity, the theory of everything and consciousness if you wanted to philosophize about reality and the mind. It is now more into evolutionary psychology and neurology. There is nothing wrong with these things; all we need to know is at what scale or level of analysis we are looking at a given reality. When we prepare kitfo beqocho, we don't think at the level of particle physics. That is all!

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 02 May 2022, 11:36

Selam/ wrote:
02 May 2022, 09:08
I will need to read Ermias’s book & listen to his motivational speeches before I say one or the other way. His one-meal-per-day life style is remarkable and an eye opener to the learned & meat devouring Ethiopians although many Ethiopians are already malnourished & skip at least one meal a day. My grandma used to say, ‘I need to give my stomach a break’ and she purposely skipped breakfast & dinner oftentimes aside from the regular orthodox Christian fasting.

We have lost that kind of thousands of years of common knowledge. Give a break to your stomach! It makes me realize how little I know and how much I have become conditioned. The realty our brain perceives might not really be real. That’s where the role of those motivational gurus comes in, making us aware & conscious & filling in the large gap between perception & reality. As you said, life is simple for those who are awoken & they don’t really need to be entangled into quantum physics to prove it. There are many things even the leading quantum physicist aren’t sure about. I see a homeless person on my way to work, I realize how little one needs to make it on planet earth. And I see some morons on this forum and realize how human brain could be easily conditioned & taken to a dark place.
Horus wrote:
Selam/

Amen!

Sabur

Post by Sabur » 02 May 2022, 22:11

Deepak Chopra is a charlatan and an egocentric bvllshitter.

When he is confronted about his bvll crap he replies as an egocentrist cacophony.

“There are lots of random quote generators that parody me, which I take as a compliment,” he says.
“They wouldn’t be parodying some Joe on the street, right?”

https://qz.com/917820/we-asked-deepak-c ... wn-tweets/

The same with this con-artist Amelga.

Selam/ wrote:
02 May 2022, 09:08

Horus wrote:
Selam/

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 02 May 2022, 22:39

Sabur,
Why are you so worked up? Neither Ermias nor I are disciples of Chopra. As far as linguistic obscurantism, try to read postmodernists like Heidegger, Foucault or Derrida! The critic you quoted says the following about Chopra...."Chopra’s explanations may be somewhat confusing but the mindfulness guru is no fool, and he’s not as easily dismissible as his critics would like to believe." Bye.

Sabur

Post by Sabur » 05 May 2022, 08:14

Horus ቅራቅንቦ:

An ignorant like you feigns knowledge.

Sometimes you bring charlatan Chopra and con-artist Amelga, sometimes you feign a bull craap philosopher, and some times you become a bullshiiter Phyiscist - "no energy no physics" or is it "no friction no energy" type craap.

You are all over the place.

"Chopra’s explanations may be somewhat confusing but the mindfulness guru is no fool..,""

When someone's explanation is confusing , that person is a charlatan and a con-artist.

Horus wrote:
02 May 2022, 22:39
Sabur,
Why are you so worked up? Neither Ermias nor I are disciples of Chopra. As far as linguistic obscurantism, try to read postmodernists like Heidegger, Foucault or Derrida! The critic you quoted says the following about Chopra...."Chopra’s explanations may be somewhat confusing but the mindfulness guru is no fool, and he’s not as easily dismissible as his critics would like to believe." Bye.

Right

Post by Right » 05 May 2022, 10:26

Horus & Selam,
One and the same. A Con artist praising a con artist.
Manifesting inferiority complex through delusion.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 05 May 2022, 13:42

Sabur,

A little humility please! You are an ER Forum blogger (a drifter); Chopra is a professor of medicine in an America university. Have a good day!

Samsara

Post by Samsara » 05 May 2022, 14:44

Deepak or Deep in your pocket?

Sabur

Post by Sabur » 06 May 2022, 01:41

Horus ቅራቅንቦ:

Evidently you are a megalomaniac ignorant with deep inferiority complex.

Deepak Chopra is "unprincipled quack" (in the medical science field).

A person like you ridden with inferiority complex will swallow anything shiit that comes way to his pacific ocean mouth.

You are all over the place, ቅራቅንቦ ::

Horus wrote:
05 May 2022, 13:42
Sabur,

A little humility please! You are an ER Forum blogger (a drifter); Chopra is a professor of medicine in an America university. Have a good day!