Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Noble Amhara

Oromon Tamrat Negera Feyisa message for Ethiopian Entrepreneurs Businesses in Ddt/Oromia

Post by Noble Amhara » 15 Feb 2022, 17:33

Last edited by Noble Amhara on 16 Feb 2022, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

info

Re: Oromon Tamrat Negera Feyisa message for Ethiopian Entrepreneurs and DDT

Post by info » 15 Feb 2022, 19:01

I don't like most of the warmongering and sometimes hate speech of Tamerat but he has a point here. Just few weeks ago, a friend of mine, who is himself from Wollega and lives in the west, took his wife and kids to Ethiopia to have a nice vacation and to show his kids his home region, Oromia but ended up being very disappointed. Let alone to invest, many Ethiopian investors and entrepreneurs have already left the Oromia towns and those Ethiopians who still live there don't feel safe and just want to leave. He was very saddened at the state of the towns and had to quit his trip to Oromia and instead took his kids and wife to Hawassa to have a vacation feeling. He said Hawassa on the other hand is very vibrant where you feel safe and where all Ethiopian entrepreneurs doing business, a contrast to most of Oromia towns.

Another friend of mine told me a true story of an Oromo investor who lost millions in a riot in Oromia region. This oromo investor vowed to never invest or live in Oromia region. So he tried to get an investment land in Debre Berhan in north Showa, a town that is increasingly becoming a magnet for investors. But he couldn't get a plot of land in Debre Berhan because of the overwhelming number of investors there. The city administration is no more able to serve all requests for investment land.

He then went to Bahir Dar but told that he has to be put in a waiting list because of the high demand for investment land from investors that are coming from outside Amhara region. Due to the high volume, Bahir Dar city Administration has now put a new rule in place that gives investors from Amhara region a preference over those investors that are coming from outside. This Oromo investor was so desperate to get land in Amhara region so that he bought a residence Id card of Amhara region for 35,000 Birr and got his plot of land in Bahir Dar.

As Tamerat rightly pointed out, Oromia region has a bad image of not being secure and not worth living and investing except few towns that are near to Addis. Currently, Oromia region Administration is trying to tackle this problem and attract investors from Addis Ababa by offering them free investment land but with little success. Most investors still see Oromia region as a risky investment. I personally know 2 investors who were offered free land in Oromia and declined.

Both Amhara and Oromia regional administration have huge unemployment problem and must attract as many investors as they can. Oromia region has the best chance of all regions to attract investors due to its proximity to Addis Ababa but need to improve its business unfriendly image. Otherwise, the likes of OLA/Shene will have it easy to recruit the unemployed youth.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 15 Feb 2022, 19:13

Investing in Shimeles's Abdisa Oromia is like investing in a ticking time bomb!

info wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 19:01
I don't like most of the warmongering and sometimes hate speech of Tamerat but he has a point here. Just few weeks ago, a friend of mine, who is himself from Wollega and lives in the west, took his wife and kids to Ethiopia to have a nice vacation and to show his kids his home region, Oromia but ended up being very disappointed. Let alone to invest, many Ethiopian investors and entrepreneurs have already left the Oromia towns and those Ethiopians who still live there don't feel safe and just want to leave. He was very saddened at the state of the towns and had to quit his trip to Oromia and instead took his kids and wife to Hawassa to have a vacation feeling. He said Hawassa on the other hand is very vibrant where you feel safe and where all Ethiopian entrepreneurs doing business, a contrast to most of Oromia towns.

Another friend of mine told me a true story of an Oromo investor who lost millions in a riot in Oromia region. This oromo investor vowed to never invest or live in Oromia region. So he tried to get an investment land in Debre Berhan in north Showa, a town that is increasingly becoming a magnet for investors. But he couldn't get a plot of land in Debre Berhan because of the overwhelming number of investors there. The city administration is no more able to serve all requests for investment land.

He then went to Bahir Dar but told that he has to be put in a waiting list because of the high demand for investment land from investors that are coming from outside Amhara region. Due to the high volume, Bahir Dar city Administration has now put a new rule in place that gives investors from Amhara region a preference over those investors that are coming from outside. This Oromo investor was so desperate to get land in Amhara region so that he bought a residence Id card of Amhara region for 35,000 Birr and got his plot of land in Bahir Dar.

As Tamerat rightly pointed out, Oromia region has a bad image of not being secure and not worth living and investing except few towns that are near to Addis. Currently, Oromia region Administration is trying to tackle this problem and attract investors from Addis Ababa by offering them free investment land but with little success. Most investors still see Oromia region as a risky investment. I personally know 2 investors who were offered free land in Oromia and declined.

Both Amhara and Oromia regional administration have huge unemployment problem and must attract as many investors as they can. Oromia region has the best chance of all regions to attract investors due to its proximity to Addis Ababa but need to improve its business unfriendly image. Otherwise, the likes of OLA/Shene will have it easy to recruit the unemployed youth.

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 16 Feb 2022, 10:52

Shooting themselves in the foot. :lol: :lol: :(

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 16 Feb 2022, 15:31

Where is Self Appointed Economic Minister Tayee Dendaa aka Ddt?