Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Re: When did Tigrinya and Tigray became seperate

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 19 Feb 2022, 06:40

For those who don't know, mentally slow zack is not Somali, he is Tigrayan, Djiboutians don't know anything about tigrigna speakers and they don't care whatever is happening between them right now, let alone what happened one hundred years ago, zack is a nasty Somali hater.

smart people know it.

Another Tigrayan was trying to pit Eritreans against Somalis and posted Mogadishu new buildings pics, however, Eritreans were too clever and they ignored him. But mentally slow zack fell into the trap and vented his anger and frustration on Somalis & Somalia.

Here is how mentally slow zack reacted to the new buildings pictures

Abaymado

Post by Abaymado » 19 Feb 2022, 07:18

Hayal_Bahrigna wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 00:54
Tigrayan were never linked with the Tigrigna people of Eritrea, Tigray were never an ethnic group either. Lets look at facts:

1) Tigrigna people of Eritrea is not the name of the Ethnic group, It's the name of the Language they speak. The correct name for their ethnic group would be " Kabassa ". Someone from the Carribean who speak English and was born in London is not Anglo Saxon English ethnically just because he speaks the language.

2) The " Kabassa " Ethnic group is made up from other multi ethnic groups, Belew/Tigre + Beja ( Mostly Hidareb ) + Afar/Saho. Over time they established a language called Tigrigna based loosely on all these ethnic group/languages over the Millenia. Tigrigna was first established in Eritrea around the 12/13th century. But it might have taken hundred of years to be fully established or take shape especially with strong influence of Arabic.

3) Tigray as a name did not exist prior to the 17th century.

4) "Tigrayans" did not speak Tigrigna before the 19th Century according to history/records and some british/european explorers into ethiopia in early 19th century, they spoke more or less amharic influenced Geez.

5) The problem with Tigrayans is an identity crisis, they spent the last 200 years to speak/act/look/feel like Eritreans but not accepted and looked down as outsiders Amharic/Oromo + rest of ethiopians left overs who were left in northern Ethiopia and trying to be Eritreans.

6) If you look at the history of Tigray before the 19th century Not one script or record or evidence for any of their " Ras " or kings spoke tigrigna or have a record they ever did.

So In summary as an ethnic group kabassa is more linked and related with the other Ethnic group In Eritrea ( beja being in Seraye and Dubarwa is actually a Beja word so is Seraye, the tens of thousands of Afars migration to the hamaesien region in the middle ages etc. )

As a language Tigrayans adopted the Tigrigna language less than 200 years ago ( and they still [deleted] at speaking it ), Your question is like saying " When did the african carribean black jamiacan split from the Anglo saxon English as an ethnic group". Language does not make an ethnic group, there are 5 criteria's to make an ethnic group and Tigrayans has 2 of them because they adopted it from the kabassa people 200 years ago.
Very valid analysis. I agree totally. If Tigrigna was spoken in Ethiopia, at least we could have solid evidence the existence of these people in the era of Axumite dynasty.

Zack

Post by Zack » 19 Feb 2022, 11:34

Abyssinia lady it don’t matter what i am I could be an eskimo and it wouldn’t change anything. Miss Galla lady

Dr Zackovich

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 19 Feb 2022, 13:20

Mentally slow zack

It doesn't matter to you but it does matter to Somalis, So stop dragging their name through the mud.

justo

Post by justo » 19 Feb 2022, 21:20

Zack wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 23:42
This is a very interesting topic which will be put into perspective and several historic narratives will be compared

The question is were there two seperate ethnic groups or one ethnic group which is divided into two this is the first question.

What we do know is that theee was a Tigray province created in the seventeen century at that time was there a Tigrinya province what we do know was in the 19 century there was a hamasien republic, now what is interesting is at what point and to what extend was the cause that created the two different groups. As we know it and were the Eritreans called Abyssinian’s at one point in history , another thing which needs to be pointed out is did the Eritreans help create the current borders of Eritrea ha Adwa been incooperated into Italian Eritrea. Would there be peace or harmony. This topic is purely for educational purposes so don’t use foul language and profanity dear lads.

Dr Zackovich
To become separate, you have to have been one at a point in time.

Differentiation in culture, ethnic identity, national identity, fauna and flora is mainly based on geography and local environment. There is nothing mystical about it. It can be gradual and subtle, or sudden and dramatic. The problem is that people want to use this for political purposes. For most part of its childhood, Tigray was happy to see itself as Ethiopian. Then college educated kids like Meles and Sebhat started wanting to be Eritrean, and brought havoc on themselves

Identity is dynamic, and can diverge and converge at different points of time. So it all depends on the time frame you're using, a political time frame, a historical time frame, an anthropological time frame, an archeological time frame may give you different answers.

If we look at the past 500 years (the political time frame), Eritrea has always been on the periphery of feudal systems and was neither fully part of the Ottoman Empire or fully part of the Abyssinian "Empire". Every now and then, the Ottomans would make incursions or Tigray-Amhara warlords would carry out invasions. But Eritrea being on the periphery of their respective centre, they would never stay for long to imprint their ways of life on Eritreans. And Eritreans became people of the frontier, creating a uniquely harmonious and egalitarian social structure that was never mimicked in Ottoman Turkey or Abyssinian Ethiopia.

So the differences between Eritrea and Tigray are gigantic and unbridgeable. The social structure of highland Eritrea of the past 700 years looks like nothing of the social structure in highland Ethiopia including Tigray and Amhara. One was an egalitarian society where everybody owned a sizeable chunk of land (there was no landless class of Eritrean), the other was a feudal society where the king and the church owned everything and people were landless and reduced to serfs.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 19 Feb 2022, 21:38

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 13:20
Mentally slow zack

It doesn't matter to you but it does matter to Somalis, So stop dragging their name through the mud.

COSIGNED!

Zack

Post by Zack » 20 Feb 2022, 13:54

And Abyssinia so called lady and u are a Somali is that what u want us to believe and that the great dr Zackovich is not why on earth would I lie about my ethnicity

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 20 Feb 2022, 14:47

Zack wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 13:54
And Abyssinia so called lady and u are a Somali is that what u want us to believe and that the great dr Zackovich is not why on earth would I lie about my ethnicity

Dr Zackovich

Boy,

Cut the bullshit, she has never claimed to be anything else other than Ethiopian, even though I think she's Chinese. You're the one who has been claiming to be Somali and Djiboutian to mislead people on this forum, even though you perfectly know that you're an Agame!

Why do shy away from being proud of your Agameness!

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 20 Feb 2022, 14:50

Mentally slow zack

You sound like you are crying, please be proud of who you are, be proud of your Tigrayan ethnicity, Tigray is beautiful region, Don't waste your time pretending to be Somali.

Zack

Post by Zack » 21 Feb 2022, 04:05

Nothing wrong with tigrayans I think they are great people with a great history long live the tigrayans and their Kebbessa cousins. Anigiba taa ku leh how ever I have never claimed to be one

As for Galla lady she is obsessed with me

Dr Zackovich

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 21 Feb 2022, 07:55

Zack wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 04:05
Nothing wrong with tigrayans I think they are great people with a great history long live the tigrayans and their Kebbessa cousins. Anigiba taa ku leh how ever I have never claimed to be one

As for Galla lady she is obsessed with me

Dr Zackovich

Dr Zackovich

She's not Galla, as you wrongly assume, neither does she seem obsessed with you - it's only your bullshit that's backfiring on you!

Zack

Post by Zack » 21 Feb 2022, 12:39

She is a Galla she used to go by the name of Oromo queen
So she is a Galla u don’t really think she is a Somali do u

Crazy

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 21 Feb 2022, 15:50

Zack wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 12:39

Crazy

Dr Zackovich

Abyssinia lady it don’t matter what i am I could be an eskimo and it wouldn’t change anything. Miss Galla lady

Dr Zackovich
You were complaining above and saying that who you were didn't really matter, but you're here getting obsessed with who she is! See who is the crazy!

I don't really care about her ethnicity but would like to bang her before she gets very old, the bit.ch!

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 21 Feb 2022, 16:06

The language spoken in the highlands of Eritrea is called ትግርኛ

And the language spoken in Tigray is called ተንኮለኛ

The difference between the two is like the difference between Heaven and hell.

kerenite

Post by kerenite » 21 Feb 2022, 17:10

Somaliman wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 15:50
Zack wrote:

Crazy

Dr Zackovich

Dr Zackovich
You were complaining above and saying that who you were didn't really matter, but you're here getting obsessed with who she is! See who is the crazy!

I don't really care about her ethnicity but would like to bang her before she gets very old, the bit.ch!

I wonder why you 2 somali brothers who happen to be prominent figures here in this forum are at each others neck. Shame on you both.

Stop it.

Forget an objective observer even a dumb can tell that zack is a somali from the issa clan as well as you somaliman, a somali from another clan.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 21 Feb 2022, 19:21

kerenite wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 17:10
Somaliman wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 15:50
Zack wrote:

Crazy

Dr Zackovich

Dr Zackovich

I wonder why you 2 somali brothers who happen to be prominent figures here in this forum are at each others neck. Shame on you both.

Stop it.

Forget an objective observer even a dumb can tell that zack is a somali from the issa clan as well as you somaliman, a somali from another clan.

Kerenite,

Thanks for your advice, it's well-taken.

What annoys me is not his tribalist mindset - as I cannot do anything to change this - but the fact that he sees every Somali issue through tribal lenses and thinks he knows better than anyone else!

It's true, right after the collapse of the central government, led by Siad Barre, and the few years that followed, issues in Somalia were mainly fuelled by tribal contexts. But for the past 20 years or so, tribalism has played a very little role in the protracted chaos in Somalia. But our friend, Zack, is still stuck with the tribal ambience in the Somali politics 20 years ago.

For instance, the main hindrance to Farmajo's leadership to date has been posed, apart from Al-shabab, by the so-called leaders of two federal states, as they're the only ones among other federal state leaders who have been opposing Farmajo unreasonably at all times since he got elected. And guess what - both leaders are the only federal state leaders who are from Farmajo's clan, who through Zack's tribalist lenses should side with Farmajo and drumbeat for him.

Trust me, the vast majority of Somalis, apart from people from the north who are obsessed by nature with tribalism, are fed up with tribalism and anyone like Zack who's attracted to reasoning through tribalism. We, from Somalia, have all paid a lot, including our youth either perishing in the desert and on the high seas or being kept captive in Libya. Therefore, we've enough of people like Zack, who jump onto the wagon late and try play experts of Somali politics, simply by exploiting tribalism and wanting to explain every Somali issue through tribal affiliation and mechanism.

Somalis Isse from Djibouti, as he claims to be a Somali from Djibouti, never like to discuss what's happening in Djibouti, unless when they're sugarcoat their fat man Ismail O. Gelle, as Zack also does it on this forum, simply because he's from their clan. But they like to comment on Somali issues like experts, even though most of them didn't know anything about Somalia 30 years ago.

Zack

Post by Zack » 21 Feb 2022, 21:17

First of all yes u made some good points about that Somalia issues are rather now not tribal but more regional. But it is stil subclans to the bone for example for those who are not aware of this Somalia politics is dominated by two main clans the daroods on one one side and the hawiye on one side. But that’s not the whole picture yes the current president is Farmaajo and darood how ever he is not the right darood. I will give a clear explanation. Farmaajo subclan of darood is marehan deni president is majeerteen. Majeerteen and marehan have been beefing since the time of siad barre this is just an extension of that also combined with some ideology majeerteen are federalist while marehan are centralist.

It’s true that the two leaders hail from the same clan but not same subclan Also we need to note that majeerteen had a rebel movement ssdf like wise ogadenhaf a rebel movement called spm Ogaden control kismayo and jubbaland another region contested between marehan clan of Farmaajo and the Ogaden clan also Ogaden another subclan of darood . For all of u who do not know puntland and jubbaland have an alliance against Farmaajo it is tribal but ideological as well indeed.

By the way Somaliman u can comment on Djibouti I will not say u cannot as a Somali brother ur allowed to comment on Djibouti I will respond accordingly and I have no issue with u boning Abyssinia lady make a sex tape if u like send it to me

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 23 Feb 2022, 19:30

Zack wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 21:17
First of all yes u made some good points about that Somalia issues are rather now not tribal but more regional. But it is stil subclans to the bone for example for those who are not aware of this Somalia politics is dominated by two main clans the daroods on one one side and the hawiye on one side. But that’s not the whole picture yes the current president is Farmaajo and darood how ever he is not the right darood. I will give a clear explanation. Farmaajo subclan of darood is marehan deni president is majeerteen. Majeerteen and marehan have been beefing since the time of siad barre this is just an extension of that also combined with some ideology majeerteen are federalist while marehan are centralist.

It’s true that the two leaders hail from the same clan but not same subclan Also we need to note that majeerteen had a rebel movement ssdf like wise ogadenhaf a rebel movement called spm Ogaden control kismayo and jubbaland another region contested between marehan clan of Farmaajo and the Ogaden clan also Ogaden another subclan of darood . For all of u who do not know puntland and jubbaland have an alliance against Farmaajo it is tribal but ideological as well indeed.

By the way Somaliman u can comment on Djibouti I will not say u cannot as a Somali brother ur allowed to comment on Djibouti I will respond accordingly and I have no issue with u boning Abyssinia lady make a sex tape if u like send it to me

Dr Zackovich

There's nothing ideological in the current political methodology and configuration in Somalia, in the sense that ideology is a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which is intended to form the basis of economic or political theory and policy of a community or country. The so-called politicians in Somalia are driven by their own selfish interests, and their motivational goal is purely how to satisfy their personal gains and nothing else.

Of course, this is not exclusive to Somalia, as the world has lately entered a new era in which real and ideal politicians have become a rarity and instead a generation of politicians with lower self-transcendence values devoid of electoral expectations have emerged.

Having said that, you're so tribal-minded, that, like a Somali bushman in his 70s, to you, everything about Somalia is tribal and nothing else!

FYI, it's totally untrue that, as you claim it, politics in Somalia is dominated by two clans. I'm just listing your crap, not arguing with you, as arguing with you on these issues, to me, would be like a mother who's arguing with her child on how she gave birth to them.

Again, another garbage of yours, which shows that your knowledge about Somalia's history and politics is rudimentary, is claiming that "Majeerteen and Mareehan have been beefing each other", as this has never happened at any time in the Somali history. And stating it as a fact rather than a pure crap of yours that some are "Federalist and others are Centralist" is the most bullshit I've ever heard.

Also, asserting that SSDF was a Majeerteen rebel mouvement, shows once more that, not only are you infested by tribalism and you look everything through your backward tribal lenses, but also, you're literally full of crap, as such tiny rebel group, concocted and led by Colonel Abdullahi Yousuf, did not represent anyone else other than himself and the tiny group that he had led, which didn't last long.

Again, affirming that Puntland and Jubbaland are against Farmajo is beyond ignorance. And doubling down your bullshit and adding that they're against Farmajo because they're from a different sub clan shows again that you don't know anything about Somalia's issues.

FYI, it's not Puntland and Jubbaland federal states that are against Farmajo but their so-called regional presidents for personal issues. When Farmajo came to power, he brought the freedom for federal states to sign any contracts and reach deals with any foreign entities on their own to an end and, as Puntland presidents are famous for exploiting such contracts for their own personal greed rather than benefiting them their electorate, current Puntland president has since been an opponent to whatever Farmajo said, even without knowing what Farmajo has said. As for the Jubbaland president, two issues made him an opponent to Farmajo. a) The fact that Farmajo has banned charcoal exportation, which used to generate a massive personal revenues for the regional president in question. b) Gedo Region issue for which Jubbaland regional president blames Farmajo. He's unable to bring this region, which is part of his state, under his authority and instead blames Farmajo for controlling it, even though everybody knows that Farmajo is not even in control of a few streets in Mogadishu.

What amazes me is your audacity of even trying to provide examples to double down your crap and falsehood!

Just one advice to you, though: Steer clear of repeating such nonsensical and falsehood of yours to other people from Somalia. Not only will they laugh loud at you, but also, they might call you the village idiot - unless you have already been granted this. Just a thought!

Sorry for the length of my comment, I didn't have time to write a shorter one.

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 23 Feb 2022, 19:58

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 06:40
For those who don't know, mentally slow zack is not Somali, he is Tigrayan, Djiboutians don't know anything about tigrigna speakers and they don't care whatever is happening between them right now, let alone what happened one hundred years ago, zack is a nasty Somali hater.

smart people know it.

Another Tigrayan was trying to pit Eritreans against Somalis and posted Mogadishu new buildings pics, however, Eritreans were too clever and they ignored him. But mentally slow zack fell into the trap and vented his anger and frustration on Somalis & Somalia.

Here is how mentally slow zack reacted to the new buildings pictures

Thank you AL, Zack agamew hasn't given up yet. Poor N!gga
:lol: :lol: