Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
BigBreak
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: 02 Sep 2016, 13:24

Why hasn't Abiy abolished ethnic federalism?

Post by BigBreak » 25 Jan 2022, 08:00

Probably because he himself or his OPDO handlers don't want ethnic federalism to be replaced with a non-ethnic version. Isn't it undoubtedly the case that basing a political system with ethnicity is a disaster for a ethnically diverse country. Allowing ethnic regions, ethnic political parties and ethnic based regional paramilitaries will only poison Ethiopia and put her very existence into question

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why hasn't Abiy abolished ethnic federalism?

Post by Somaliman » 25 Jan 2022, 08:23

BigBreak wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 08:00
Probably because he himself or his OPDO handlers don't want ethnic federalism to be replaced with a non-ethnic version. Isn't it undoubtedly the case that basing a political system with ethnicity is a disaster for a ethnically diverse country. Allowing ethnic regions, ethnic political parties and ethnic based regional paramilitaries will only poison Ethiopia and put her very existence into question





And the worst is that in Ethiopia you've allowed ethnics federal states to have their own military forces to the extent that those federal states are behaving as if they were countries on their own and can pose a national threat at any time!

DefendTheTruth
Member+
Posts: 6290
Joined: 08 Mar 2014, 16:32

Re: Why hasn't Abiy abolished ethnic federalism?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 25 Jan 2022, 15:32

Somaliman wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 08:23
BigBreak wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 08:00
Probably because he himself or his OPDO handlers don't want ethnic federalism to be replaced with a non-ethnic version. Isn't it undoubtedly the case that basing a political system with ethnicity is a disaster for a ethnically diverse country. Allowing ethnic regions, ethnic political parties and ethnic based regional paramilitaries will only poison Ethiopia and put her very existence into question
And the worst is that in Ethiopia you've allowed ethnics federal states to have their own military forces to the extent that those federal states are behaving as if they were countries on their own and can pose a national threat at any time!
I think there is a reason why people say Ethiopia is a concept, well designed so that no one would ever be able to challenge her existence or even try to dominate, unduly.

There are two big ethnic groups, taken on their own but a tiny fraction for themselves in the whole. Oromo is the biggest, possibly, but still under 40% of the total, if Oromo is not behaving well, then it will face the rest formidable 60% head on. This is even the best theoretical scenario, not all Oromos will stand against their country at any given time, siding with their Oromo keens. If Oromo may mobilize 25 % of the total, then that itself would be a miracle but that 25 % will going to face the rest 75 % at the same time, a self suicide, failing to learn from the Tigray banda.

The Amhara is the next big group, the picture is not much different from that of the Oromo, no one will ever be in a position to mobilize the whole Amhara people against the mother land.

That is why many political parties are so confused and will never get near to coming to power if not cooperation with the other groups in the country. That is why EPRDF was conceived, the current PP was born and many more so called caolations that we have seen in the political arena during the last number of years came to existence.

Even OLF, whose name is to liberate Oromo from Ethiopia, has to turn around and seek a caolation with this or that group in the country, while also looking at each other with susupicion at the same time in the presummed coalation.

Such a design can only be achieved by the Creator Himself, I am afraid, and those who are trying to interfere with His making are destined to face a perpetual misery.

Abe Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 11599
Joined: 05 Jun 2013, 13:00

Re: Why hasn't Abiy abolished ethnic federalism?

Post by Abe Abraham » 25 Jan 2022, 15:42

DefendTheTruth wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 15:32
Somaliman wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 08:23
BigBreak wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 08:00
Probably because he himself or his OPDO handlers don't want ethnic federalism to be replaced with a non-ethnic version. Isn't it undoubtedly the case that basing a political system with ethnicity is a disaster for a ethnically diverse country. Allowing ethnic regions, ethnic political parties and ethnic based regional paramilitaries will only poison Ethiopia and put her very existence into question
And the worst is that in Ethiopia you've allowed ethnics federal states to have their own military forces to the extent that those federal states are behaving as if they were countries on their own and can pose a national threat at any time!
I think there is a reason why people say Ethiopia is a concept, well designed so that no one would ever be able to challenge her existence or even try to dominate, unduly.

There are two big ethnic groups, taken on their own but a tiny fraction for themselves in the whole. Oromo is the biggest, possibly, but still under 40% of the total, if Oromo is not behaving well, then it will face the rest formidable 60% head on. This is even the best theoretical scenario, not all Oromos will stand against their country at any given time, siding with their Oromo keens. If Oromo may mobilize 25 % of the total, then that itself would be a miracle but that 25 % will going to face the rest 75 % at the same time, a self suicide, failing to learn from the Tigray banda.

The Amhara is the next big group, the picture is not much different from that of the Oromo, no one will ever be in a position to mobilize the whole Amhara people against the mother land.

That is why many political parties are so confused and will never get near to coming to power if not cooperation with the other groups in the country. That is why EPRDF was conceived, the current PP was born and many more so called caolations that we have seen in the political arena during the last number of years came to existence.

Even OLF, whose name is to liberate Oromo from Ethiopia, has to turn around and seek a caolation with this or that group in the country, while also looking at each other with susupicion at the same time in the presummed coalation.

Such a design can only be achieved by the Creator Himself, I am afraid, and those who are trying to interfere with His making are destined to face a perpetual misery.
Meles Zenawi who is ruling the country from his grave!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=286485&p=1265471&hi ... D#p1265471

ethiopianunity
Member+
Posts: 7854
Joined: 30 Apr 2007, 17:38

Re: Why hasn't Abiy abolished ethnic federalism?

Post by ethiopianunity » 26 Jan 2022, 02:17

Those who search for instant gratification, impatience, expect to undo things in ethiopia that is now have fully implemented all those years expect overnight to reverse it while war is raging and escalating ethnic tension. It has to be reversed with education and gradually

Besides, the god father of this ethnic division Isayas of Shabia , the ruler of the region after the death of the froggy Meles Chenawi, wants to keep it for obvious reasons, read Asefa Chabo's book

Let us be honest slso, regions are now becoming fully strong and acting more independent mean, the central govt is weak

Post Reply