Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

A Dream Continued: the Rise of My Love for Virginia

Post by teodroseIII » 17 Jan 2022, 21:09

On April 4th, 1968, at 7:05 PM EST, Martin Luther King Jr. took his last breath, taking with him a dream of equality and justice that eludes us to this day. I pick my pen up at the exact time of King’s death to continue pursuing the dream he articulated on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial five years before his death. As we honor King’s life and remember his passing, too many don’t heed his central teachings of love overcoming hate and people being judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

We live in a time where we are conditioned continually to see our fellow men and women not as sojourners in a shared struggle but foes who need to be conquered. The politics of division and strife is leading our country and humanity to a very dangerous ground as we slow walk towards a social conflagration. The very dream that Martin Luther King died on behalf of is being aborted on a daily basis by a spirit of antagonism that has overtaken this blessed nation...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://mylove4va.com/dream-continued-b ... -virginia/