Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
temari

PM Abiy did what is best for the national interest of Ethiopia. Eritrea, China, Russia, Turkey still remain our friends

Post by temari » 12 Jan 2022, 16:29

Every country acts in its own national interest. Politics is not a religion and every country has the right to decide its fate and to chose a path that it thinks is good for its future. I fully support the decision of PM Abiy to confine TPLF in Tigray, improve our relations with the west and kick start the economy. Without economic development, Ethiopia can't sustain and will be in danger of collapse. Economic development is not a choice for Ethiopia but a must if it wants to exist. That is why I fully support the decision of our PM to shift the focus to the economy since that is a crucial ingredient to our existence.

Having improved relations with the west doesn't mean we have to abandon our friends in need, especially Eritrea, Russia, China, Turkey, UEA etc. We should still have close and good relations with our friends and at the same time try to improve our relations with the west to benefit our economy. Of course this can sometimes become hard but our friends are also an essential part of our national interest and we must work hard to preserver our good relations with our friends in need.

The quality of a leader is not measured by how much he wants to satisfy the public opinion but by making hard decisions that may not be popular but are crucial for the national interest of a country. As a young leader, PM Abiy made many mistakes but on this one, he showed the courage to go against the public opinion and against his support base to chose a path that is not popular but very important for the national interest and survival of our nation. He should be commended for this courageous decision and all those who may not understand his decision now will surely benefit from his decision in the near future!

kibramlak

Re: PM Abiy did what is best for the national interest of Ethiopia. Eritrea, China, Russia, Turkey still remain our frie

Post by kibramlak » 12 Jan 2022, 17:02

If you are a cadre, we can understand you. If not, you have not figured out yet the conspiracy and containment strategy of the tribalists Oromuma against any anti-tribalist citizens. Oromuma is spearheaded by Abiy himself and they call Ethiopia as a code for greater Oromuma. Think over again

temari

Re: PM Abiy did what is best for the national interest of Ethiopia. Eritrea, China, Russia, Turkey still remain our frie

Post by temari » 12 Jan 2022, 17:35

kibramlak wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 17:02
If you are a cadre, we can understand you. If not, you have not figured out yet the conspiracy and containment strategy of the tribalists Oromuma against any anti-tribalist citizens. Oromuma is spearheaded by Abiy himself and they call Ethiopia as a code for greater Oromuma. Think over again
So releasing one old Sebehat Nega is now Oromuma? Come on, if Oromuma were his goal then he must be a fool to destroy so many of his chances. Starting from Lemma Megersa to Jawar and Bekele Gerba, he had so many chances to make Oromuma happen but he didn't.

No, it is rather the economy. That is what the government is looking for, especially after spending so much foreign currency on buying arms. The economy, that is what makes or breaks a government. It is the economy, stupid!

Last edited by temari on 12 Jan 2022, 17:50, edited 3 times in total.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 12 Jan 2022, 17:44

As my Eritrean President pointed out during his recent interview, the relations between the Eritrean and the Ethiopian people is not based on the notion of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," but rather underpinned by deep ties of history, religious beliefs, traditions and cultural values regardless of political differences. The two countries should respect each other's choice of a development model and social system, and work towards enhancing mutual respect for a peaceful coexistence.

tarik
Senior Member+

Post by tarik » 12 Jan 2022, 17:46

temari wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 16:29
Every country acts in its own national interest. Politics is not a religion and every country has the right to decide its fate and to chose a path that it thinks is good for its future. I fully support the decision of PM Abiy to confine TPLF in Tigray, improve our relations with the west and kick start the economy. Without economic development, Ethiopia can't sustain and will be in danger of collapse. Economic development is not a choice for Ethiopia but a must if it wants to exist. That is why I fully support the decision of our PM to shift the focus to the economy since that is a crucial ingredient to our existence.

Having improved relations with the west doesn't mean we have to abandon our friends in need, especially Eritrea, Russia, China, Turkey, UEA etc. We should still have close and good relations with our friends and at the same time try to improve our relations with the west to benefit our economy. Of course this can sometimes become hard but our friends are also an essential part of our national interest and we must work hard to preserver our good relations with our friends in need.

The quality of a leader is not measured by how much he wants to satisfy the public opinion but by making hard decisions that may not be popular but are crucial for the national interest of a country. As a young leader, PM Abiy made many mistakes but on this one, he showed the courage to go against the public opinion and against his support base to chose a path that is not popular but very important for the national interest and survival of our nation. He should be commended for this courageous decision and all those who may not understand his decision now will surely benefit from his decision in the near future!
temari idiot cadre of idiot adwan abiy:Don't mention my Eritrea again,u and ur sellout backstabber mozerfkkker from adwa,cursed-land-tigray leader abiy.Eritrea will never trust any leader of ethiopia again.WE R DONE!!!
Last edited by tarik on 12 Jan 2022, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

temari

Post by temari » 12 Jan 2022, 17:46

Co-sign and well said!
Fiyameta wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 17:44
As my Eritrean President pointed out during his recent interview, the relations between the Eritrean and the Ethiopian people is not based on the notion of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," but rather underpinned by deep ties of history, religious beliefs, traditions and cultural values regardless of political differences. The two countries should respect each other's choice of a development model and social system, and work towards enhancing mutual respect for a peaceful coexistence.

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 12 Jan 2022, 17:58

temari wrote:

I might be dramatic in my analogy but what I have observed in true blivers is that they are the followers of " belive it then it will come true "
When Abiy decided to leave Mekele (which I was OK with) he gave unfounded and contradictory reasons.
The Ethiopian Defense forces had taken all the heavy weapons...untrue
Abiy didn't make Organized withdrawal of ENDF the end result of this incomptecy was plastered on Washington post and NYT. Embarrassing.
Abiy neither let the Amhara and the Afar get armed to protect themselves or adequately used the ENDF to protect them..we saw the devastating consequences of the haphazard decision.
Now while the war between weyane and the neighboring state still ragging he pulled this stunt.. again it is not the decision per se,but the disjoint way casually Abiy make decisions that is too costly and too detrimental to the nation. All Ethiopians and the friendly nations that stood with us through thick and thin need to come along for us to make acceptable decisions. We don't know the results of this decision before we start praising Abiy. He could be a genius and could prove us wrong, but he could be incompetent, or machiavellian or dublfaced tribalist. We just to hold back undeserved praise . Let the result of his deeds do the talking.

TGAA
Member+

temari wrote:

I might be dramatic in my analogy but what I have observed in true blivers is that they are the followers of " belive it then it will come true "
When Abiy decided to leave Mekele (which I was OK with) he gave unfounded and contradictory reasons.
Abiy didn't make Organized withdrawal of ENDF the end result of this incomptecy was plastered on Washington post and NYT. Embarrassing.
Abiy neither let the Amhara and the Afar get armed to protect themselves or adequately used the ENDF to protect them..we saw the devastating consequences of the haphazard decision.
Now while the war between weyane and the neighboring state still ragging he pulled this stunt.. again it is not the decision per se,but the disjoint way casually Abiy make decisions that is too costly and too detrimental to the nation. All Ethiopians and the friendly nations that stood with us through thick and thin need to come along for us to make acceptable decisions. We don't know the results of this decision before we start praising Abiy. He could be a genius and could prove us wrong, but he could be incompetent, or machiavellian or dublfaced tribalist. We just to hold back undeserved praise . Let the result of his deeds do the talking.

TGAA
Member+

temari wrote:

Now while the war between weyane and the neighboring state still ragging he pulled this stunt.. again it is not the decision per se,but the disjoint way casually Abiy make decisions that is too costly and too detrimental to the nation. All Ethiopians and the friendly nations that stood with us through thick and thin need to come along for us to make acceptable decisions. We need to know the results of this decision before we start praising Abiy. He could be a genius and could prove us all wrong, but he could be incompetent, or machiavellian or a double-faced tribalist. We just need to hold back undeserved praise. Let the result of his deeds do the talking.
Last edited by TGAA on 12 Jan 2022, 23:49, edited 2 times in total.

Abere

Post by Abere » 12 Jan 2022, 17:59

Is this coming from in-depth analytical process or out of naiveness or trolling job of ውታፍ ነቃይነት? After being a reason for the death of close to 1 million people; destruction of cities built through different generations, releasing architect of the war and genocide is the most stupid decision ever made in the history of mankind. This is the most difficult assignment for any ውታፍ ነቃይ to defend Abiy Ahmed. Already his famous ውታፍ ነቃይ are dumping him. One way or another, now Abiy Ahmed has fully taken the responsibility to go to jail himself on behalf of criminal ring leaders of TPLF and OLF/Jawar/. He bailed them out, he will have to go into jail. Abiy Ahmed is one little head, he can not and don't have the mental faculty to accommodate interests of diverse big super power nation. He is just stuck with some village level sh!t oromuma, he can not think beyond his nose.

Follower

Post by Follower » 12 Jan 2022, 18:49

Once you allow the Americans to twist your arm, they will twist it forever,and my fear as an Eritrean is, to use Abye against Eritrea/ns as the evils agames used to be.

I think The releasing of sibhat will change nothing , it is your internal issue and nobody(apart from Biden ) has the right to tell you what to do with him or his evil comrades in tigray.

I wish you መልካምና ጎሮቤት የማይጎዳ relations ።

temari

Post by temari » 12 Jan 2022, 19:15

Follower wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 18:49
Once you allow the Americans to twist your arm, they will twist it forever,and my fear as an Eritrean is, to use Abye against Eritrea/ns as the evils agames used to be.

I think The releasing of sibhat will change nothing , it is your internal issue and nobody(apart from Biden ) has the right to tell you what to do with him or his evil comrades in tigray.

I wish you መልካምና ጎሮቤት የማይጎዳ relations ።
I understand your concern and reservation but don't forget that when the good Ethio-Eritrean relation was restored under PM Abiy, Ethiopia still had a very good relations with the US and the west. I hope the same will be true in the future. Eritrea and the other countries I mentioned are not only just friends but friends in need and a critical part of Ethiopian's national interest. We know when things become hard not all friends stick but those countries have proven to us to be friends in need and it would be foolish if the Ethiopian government destroys its relations with those friends in need. That is hurting its own national interest. I don't think the Ethiopian government would become such foolish to do so.