Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

How to bully, a country of 110+M.

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jan 2022, 13:44

Biden gave Abiy, an ultimatum.
• Threatened to designate his gov't. as genocidal, NATO intervention, economic warfare.
• Threatened to use Executive order to deny Ethiopian Airlines access to US/EU airports
• Ordered him to cut ties with Eritrea
• Ordered him to roll back from China

I refrained from voicing my opinion, until we know more. When confusing circumstances arise, read between the lines before getting emotional. There’s dirty bullying occurring, in real-time. Abiy said

This came as a shock to me as well
👇

How? 🤔

Sammy: @Sami_Revolution

Fiyameta

Re: How to bully, a country of 110+M.

Post by Fiyameta » 12 Jan 2022, 14:23

Sleepy Joe Biden's next demand will be the unconditional release of the Nile water that's already in the Ethiopian dam's reservoir by granting it amnesty. :P :P

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jan 2022, 14:34

BREAKING: The Regional President, declares the mass killing of Amharas by TPLF as: Genocide.

🔴Pres. Yilkal said,

tens of thousands of Amharas have been exterminated by the rebels.

🔴 The Amhara population also reduced by 2 million after a mass sterilization program, led by TPLF-ite Tedros Adhanom

The Shamless Economist is at it, again. An article, that does not meet the minimum requirement of journalistic ethics. Highly biased, choke-full of outright lies, bereft of facts, designed to prosecute the victim. When will they stop, with these kinds of racist articles?

Ethiopia is deliberately starving its own citizens
https://www.economist.com/leaders/2021/ ... n-citizens

Dawi

Post by Dawi » 12 Jan 2022, 14:40

Zmeselo wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 13:44
• Threatened to designate his gov't. as genocidal, NATO intervention, economic warfare.
• Threatened to use Executive order to deny Ethiopian Airlines access to US/EU airports

I refrained from voicing my opinion, until we know more. When confusing circumstances arise, read between the lines before getting emotional. There’s dirty bullying occurring, in real-time. Abiy said
Z,

"As a shock", to my understanding is the proposal to release Sebhat & Co. which is an out of the box idea, who ever proposed it; however, if it ends up to face save Biden leading it to change coarse from its wrong trajectory so, be it & Abiy "welcomed" it.

The "threats looming" you mentioned were there all along so nothing new there.

What ties are going to be cut with Eritrea?

Eritrea's participation in the entire conflict besides the respectful handling of Ethiopian troops attacked by TPLF in the beginning is mostly in her own interest. That is going to continue.

There is no other written mutual agreement written we know off to be cut. So, Biden can't make Ethiopia cut a non existence or unwritten ties. The friendship between Abiy and Esu as neighbors is their own; it's non of Biden's business to stick his fingers.

What is gong to be the offer to roll back China's investment etc. is the question? What is the US offer when it comes to FDI etc? If NONE, it's a non starter.

BTW, Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) by China is more or less exhausted during TPLF; so, for the short run it is not much to go fund for Ethiopia; they've cut back funds to some projects; that Addis to Asmara rail idea is likely a far away thing. BRI is probably great for Eritrea as not much development has been done there; but, Ethiopia she should be open to others as well in the short run therefore, it is important to work with the West more than ever for our multi faceted developments.
Last edited by Dawi on 12 Jan 2022, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jan 2022, 15:09

Dawi wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 14:40
Zmeselo wrote:

Z,

"As a shock", to my understanding is the proposal to release Sebhat & Co. which is an out of the box idea, who ever proposed it; however, if it ends up to face save Biden leading it to change coarse from its wrong trajectory so, be it & Abiy "welcomed" it.

The "threats looming" you mentioned were there all along so nothing new there.

What ties are going to be cut with Eritrea?

Eritrea's participation in the entire conflict besides the respectful handling of Ethiopian troops attacked by TPLF in the beginning is mostly in her own interest. That is going to continue.

There is no other written mutual agreement written we know off to be cut. So, Biden can't make Ethiopia cut a non existence or unwritten ties. The friendship between Abiy and Esu as neighbors is their own; it's non of Biden's business to stick his fingers.

What is gong to be the offer to roll back China's investment etc. is the question? What is the US offer when it comes to FDI etc? If NONE, it's a non starter.
It's true the threat was there all along, but maybe this time Biden threatened to go beyond just threats.

I guess, they might want Eritrea's & Ethiopia's relations to go back to where they were- like during the weyane era. Zero relations. Severing the relationship before it grows & solidifies, kinda thing.

The friendship between Abiy and Esu as neighbors is their own; it's non of Biden's business to stick his fingers.

I'm not as certain as you're, about that one. The US is a cheap & gruff country with no shame or dignity, whatsoever

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 12 Jan 2022, 15:21

Zmeselo wrote:

👇

How? 🤔[/size]
Well, I said already somewhere that China came in and built for us a highway in our country for the first time, which is not much longer than 15 years since the arrival.

Ameica has been there for a much longer time, at least 50 years, but didn't want to build even 1 single road in our land.

So, the relation is based on mutual benefits and need of our people, I am afraid breaking the relation would work anyway with any sort of "directives".

We are people who don't like to bow down by a directive, we are the children of Adwa, a symbol of defiance.

Ethiopia and Eritrea are natural allies and the bond is above and over any sort of political directives of the day.

NATO was in many places but came back mostly empty-handed and more of self-destruction, now it is bogged down on the eastern boarder of Europe and I don't think it would have any more appetite for any other region of the world.

So, all in all you doubt if you based your allegations on any sort of credible sources, which is unusual of you on this forum.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 12 Jan 2022, 15:49

DefendTheTruth wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:21
Zmeselo wrote:

👇

How? 🤔[/size]
Well, I said already somewhere that China came in and built for us a highway in our country for the first time, which is not much longer than 15 years since the arrival.

Ameica has been there for a much longer time, at least 50 years, but didn't want to build even 1 single road in our land.

So, the relation is based on mutual benefits and need of our people, I am afraid breaking the relation would work anyway with any sort of "directives".

We are people who don't like to bow down by a directive, we are the children of Adwa, a symbol of defiance.

Ethiopia and Eritrea are natural allies and the bond is above and over any sort of political directives of the day.

NATO was in many places but came back mostly empty-handed and more of self-destruction, now it is bogged down on the eastern boarder of Europe and I don't think it would have any more appetite for any other region of the world.

So, all in all you doubt if you based your allegations on any sort of credible sources, which is unusual of you on this forum.
Defender, Like @Sami_Revolution (the original poster) said, it's merely an attempt to read b/n the lines. You & I could've said the same thing ourselves too- we know the US wants to revive the terror junta, hates Eritrea & wants to push China out from the Horn, as much as it's possible.

I just found it convenient, to post his concise analysis instead (he provided a video with Abyi to boot, where he claims to have been shocked).