Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Dejach Aklilu

The formula: More of Eshete/Yitagesu and less of Eskinder/Lidetu

Post by Dejach Aklilu » 09 Jan 2022, 20:23

Eskinder Nega seems to have an obsession with being imprisoned, he has the "I died for yo' sins", messiah complex just like Lidetu. Both need to realize there is no political capital to be gained by being repeatedly imprisoned by your oppressors. It is like they have fetish for being humiliated. They ought to learn from the actions of the venerable የሸዋ አበባ Eshete Moges and his son Yitagesu, who have none of the decades long political resume of Lidetu or Eskinder but their actions over one night have had a thousand times more of an impact than the double digit years spent behind bars by Eskinder/Lidetu.

More of this:

Less of this:

Dejach Aklilu

Re: The formula: More of Eshete/Yitagesu and less of Eskinder/Lidetu

Post by Dejach Aklilu » 09 Jan 2022, 20:43

Ato Eshete Moges and his son Yitagesu of Shewarobit have forever entered the annals of Shewan folklore, as they followed in the footsteps of their ancestors, the glittering ranks of other የሸዋ አበባs from Ras Desta of Meskan to Ras Mesfin, Ras Abebe of Menz to Ligabaw Beyene.....

Noble Amhara

Re: The formula: More of Eshete/Yitagesu and less of Eskinder/Lidetu

Post by Noble Amhara » 09 Jan 2022, 22:37

Eskinder has 0 contributions to the Amhara Struggle

During the War with Weyane Eskinder Nega was calling for Peace he also didn’t seek to encourage and moralize Amhara Fighters.

I fear he is one of those who seek celebrity-hood I also strongly reject his movement in Addis Ababa it has no benefits for Amhara especially if he is controversial and does not make friends with anyone in the city