Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Bashu

Abiy's Salary Is 3600 USD Per year But His Children Schooling Alone Cost 95,000 USD

Post by Bashu » 09 Jan 2022, 20:21

"I work seven days a week for $300 a month," says Abiy Ahmed Ali from Menelik Palace, the Prime Minister's official headquarters in the centre of Addis Ababa.

"I am not getting rich, but I am not corrupted. I have a modest office," he indicates down the red-carpeted hallway, making the point. "But I am interested in making [the] change."

The Maths doesn't add up here. He sends his three children at ICS (formerly American community School). The most expensive school in the country. The school tuition cost is on par with the washington D.C private school where American presidents send their kids.

He has three children 2 in high school and 1 in middle school.

It costs $36,000 USD per child per year for high school and $31,000 USD for middle school. So the cost adds to $96,000 USD. (or 4 million 7 hundred thousand Birr) WOW!!!

In comparison, Mengistu Hailemariam sent his 2 daughters to Nazereth school Piasa and his son to St joseph, relatively modest private schools, where all the students are Ethiopians. But The Ethiopian students at ICS are not more than 10 percent and their tuition is covered by their parents employers because most of them are expats

https://www.icsaddis.org/join/admission ... n-and-fees