Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abe Abraham

Tigré crimes, rape on Amhara women. ( As reported by a prominent left-wing French Newspaper.)

Post by Abe Abraham » 31 Dec 2021, 20:47

"They were two, very young, kids"

"They took everything from us, they left us naked, in every sense of the word" , breaths Agere, a woman in her thirties, who raises her head to deliver, her throat tied, the atrocious story of the rape she endured. “They arrived on August 12, we could hear gunfire in all directions. There were a lot of dead, whom we could neither mourn nor bury. They began to loot everything: the hospital, the businesses, then the houses one by one. What they couldn't take they would tear down, she says.When they entered my home, they grabbed my phone, my cross, food, all my savings. Then they put my two children, aged 4 and 12, outside, threatening to kill them. I was raped at home, at gunpoint. They were two, very young, kids. If I hadn't been so afraid of their weapon, I would have given them a beating. They told me : if you scream, we'll kill you. "
Nine days of terror

His eldest son fled, he walked alone for two days across the mountain to join relatives, to whom he arrived with bleeding feet. TPLF men occupied the area from August 12 to 21, nine days of terror for residents of Nefas Mewcha, a town in Gayint district, in the highlands of the Amhara region, perched on a ridge more than 3000 meters above sea level. meters above sea level, between two vertiginous cliffs.

They told us that they had come to destroy the donkeys, that's how they called us, the Amharas. They grabbed us by the throat, by the hair, slapped us, beat us, threatened to kill our children. They said that these snakes should not be allowed to grow and they would end up turning against them. They didn't kill children, but we were terrified, holed up in our homes . They finally left in the direction of Debre Tabor, promising to come back and slaughter us if the army forced them to turn back, ” Agere continues.

In this nightmare, her only source of relief is having escaped a pregnancy. Her husband, who was then in Bahir Dar, the regional capital, knew nothing about his ordeal: the weight of social stigma thrown on women who had suffered sexual violence reduced them to silence; rape, as a weapon of war, advances like an attack on the whole community, to sully it all and to disrupt it.
The women victims of rape, in this chaos, were slow to come forward. Many, cloistered in their trauma, have never come for treatment. Some asked for an abortion when they discovered that they had fallen pregnant. Others feared they had contracted HIV. All suffered from [deleted] tears, sometimes serious, causing complications. Multiple bruises and wounds, too, left by their abusers.

“The psychological consequences are heavy. A victim recently committed suicide. There have been cases of gang rape, and women raped in front of their children. In this community of very believing Orthodox Christians, rape is seen as dishonor; there is this idea of ​​broken purity causing shame on the victims, who have nowhere to go, ” explains Dr. Biniam.
At the threat of a knife that slashed her stomach and leg

The women of Nefas Mewcha, however, want to tell their ordeal. Forty of them flock to the common room opened for us by a municipal official, who invites them to deliver their testimony "without a word too much or less, without a spirit of revenge". From haunted-looking teenagers to mature women, serious features, eyes drowned in distress, they confide one by one.

Abaye Tsegaye must be around fifty years old. When the TPLF arrived, she joined the forest with some neighbors. The three men in the group were shot dead, before the attackers turned on the seven fleeing women. "There were two of them, one grabbed me by the throat, the other pulled my struts apart, reproaching me for supporting the government, while I was never involved in politics," he says. her . They took everything I had on me. I wandered naked in the forest for five days. " She gets up, raises a fold of her dress to show the long scar scar her groin.

Mnalou Goshou, a woman of the same age, was by his side, desperate to find a way out. She also reveals the scars of an injury: she was raped under the threat of a knife which slashed her stomach and left leg. The rapist was very young. He could have been my son, ” she recalls, her voice shaking. She collapses in tears.
"He told me that I was a snake, that I deserved to die"

Alem Tsehaye is less than 30 years old, she was pregnant at the time of the rape. “I had at home a flag of the Prosperity Party (the party of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed - Editor's note). He said to me: even if you are pregnant, I must rape you because you are Abiy's donkey. He raped me while someone else watched, ”she whispers.

Helmé is ten years older, a scarf tied around his head, his face already hollowed out with wrinkles. "A man grabbed me at my house, put his hand over my eyes. He asked me for information about the city officials. I replied that I did not know them. He told me I was a snake, that I deserved to die. He said to me: “All your men have abandoned you, they are gone, who will save you?Then he raped me. When he's done, whoever was watching outside took his turn, she stammers.There was nothing we could do about these armed men. We have traditions of solidarity but they left us nothing, we can no longer even help each other materially, just support each other morally. Our bodies are injured, but our consciences are also affected. "

Abe Abraham

Re: Tigré crimes, rape on Amhara women. ( As reported by a prominent left-wing French Newspaper.)

Post by Abe Abraham » 30 Oct 2022, 11:46

One expects the Amharas to be more vocal on crimes committed against them by the criminal barbarians from Tigray.

Are the Amharas victims of individualism ?

Noble Amhara

Re: Tigré crimes, rape on Amhara women. ( As reported by a prominent left-wing French Newspaper.)

Post by Noble Amhara » 30 Oct 2022, 12:00

Amharas do not like to talk about horror and trauma stories . We will settle scores with tigreway we all know what their fascists have done as said tigray will pay dearly for this crime all decade

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 06 Dec 2022, 22:17

Noble Amhara wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 12:00
Amharas do not like to talk about horror and trauma stories . We will settle scores with tigreway we all know what their fascists have done as said tigray will pay dearly for this crime all decade
Is that always the right approach to follow even when others rush to accuse you of things that you haven't done ?