Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Asmara is worse than Massawa

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Dec 2021, 14:33

Tigre people wake up and liberate yourself from Isaias Afwerki, this is your land, your city.

sarcasm

Re: Asmara is worse than Massawa

Post by sarcasm » 30 Dec 2021, 16:01

Repairing and painting one's house has been banned in Asmara for the past 16 years. Look at the painting in my old neighborhood. It is hilarious how some cousins tell me that they had workmen in the house at night to repair their kitchen. Apparently they call it black market repairs

Roha

Post by Roha » 30 Dec 2021, 18:24

Hard to believe Sarco is from my old neighbourhood. Anyhow, thank you for the post. It was a travel thru the memory lane in the streets where I played soccer and basketball in WeWekma. The church in Enda Silassie where I and my siblings were baptized. The schools where grandfather and father attended in the old Scoula Vitorio, and where I attended the Qidus Paulos and the Agazian elementary schools.
I am not surprised it looks old and dilapidated, given 40 years of wars out of this the last 24 years were embargoes and sanctions. The good thing is that it is still bustling and not dead, as many of us thought.
sarcasm wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 16:01
Repairing and painting one's house has been banned in Asmara for the past 16 years. Look at the painting in my old neighborhood. It is hilarious how some cousins tell me that they had workmen in the house at night to repair their kitchen. Apparently they call it black market repairs

eden
Member+

Post by eden » 30 Dec 2021, 19:01

My folks tell me once we lived in edaga arbi - enda gebriel area. regardless of conditions of the area and the city, the residents always walk with pride and dignity. It's an amazing contrast. Human spirit is unconquerable. That's what Asmara and Massawa residents taught me last time I visited.

Thanks for sharing Sarc

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 30 Dec 2021, 19:28

Roha wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 18:24
Hard to believe Sarco is from my old neighbourhood. Anyhow, thank you for the post. It was a travel thru the memory lane in the streets where I played soccer and basketball in WeWekma. The church in Enda Silassie where I and my siblings were baptized. The schools where grandfather and father attended in the old Scoula Vitorio, and where I attended the Qidus Paulos and the Agazian elementary schools.
I am not surprised it looks old and dilapidated, given 40 years of wars out of this the last 24 years were embargoes and sanctions. The good thing is that it is still bustling and not dead, as many of us thought.
sarcasm wrote:

I went to Agazian. I used to love the mosaic art.

Hawzen
Member+

Post by Hawzen » 30 Dec 2021, 19:47

This just shows that agames born and/or raised in Eritrea are the worst enemy of Eritrea and the Eritrean people..... It means there are levels within agames when it comes to the degree of excessive hatred agames have to Eritrea and the people of Eritrea.. The agames who were fed by the people of Eritrea hate Eritrea the most ... Even though all agames are the worst enemy of Eritrea and the people of Eritrea :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Now, I dare you tell us what has been going on in your beloved Tigray :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dedebit is always dedeb
R.I.P Abay Tigray and TPLF terrorist group

sun
Member+

Post by sun » 30 Dec 2021, 21:20

Hawzen wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 19:47

This just shows that agames born and/or raised in Eritrea are the worst enemy of Eritrea and the Eritrean people..... It means there are levels within agames when it comes to the degree of excessive hatred agames have to Eritrea and the people of Eritrea.. The agames who were fed by the people of Eritrea hate Eritrea the most ... Even though all agames are the worst enemy of Eritrea and the people of Eritrea :oops: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Now, I dare you tell us what has been going on in your beloved Tigray :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dedebit is always dedeb

I (Sun) guess that he/she has only two simple opposing answers to your nice question, that is to say:

1. "We are the indomitable,omnipotent, omnipresent, unbeatable, unwinnable, etc. who may start any war be it on land, on air, on the sea, engaging all Ethiopians, Eritreans, Africans, Arabs and the whole world and defeat them all as if there is no tomorrow." FULL STOP!

2. "We are in deep [deleted] having no where to turn with all types constant and ongoing increased genocides being willfully perpetrated on us as if there is no tomorrow or after tomorrow. Rolling all over the dirty wet western streets and shouting "down, down, down Ethiopia, baabbaa Buddeen, baabbaa Buddeen please hurry up and save us from the genocide not even visible to the naked eyesight." FULL STOP!

Roha

Post by Roha » 30 Dec 2021, 21:44

Sarco,
Right, the unique mosaic art in the school facade that depicts our true history of 4000 years that includes artifacts from Adulis, Qohaito, Yiha, Axum ... was very beautiful.
Hardly surprised for most kids in our neighborhoods attended the elementary schools in Agazian, Qidus Paulos or the private Swedish Lutheran School. It is likely you may had attended classes with one of my siblings or with me in Agazian. I was told recently, the poet Haile Bizen was few class grades ahead of me. If you remember her, my classroom teacher for two years was the indefatigable and the caring diligent teacher Memhir Gimja. She was a guiding light to many of us thru her encouragement and uplifting stories.
sarcasm wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 19:28
Roha wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 18:24

sarcasm wrote:

I went to Agazian. I used to love the mosaic art.

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 30 Dec 2021, 22:56

Roha wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 21:44
Sarco,
Right, the unique mosaic art in the school facade that depicts our true history of 4000 years that includes artifacts from Adulis, Qohaito, Yiha, Axum ... was very beautiful.
Hardly surprised for most kids in our neighborhoods attended the elementary schools in Agazian, Qidus Paulos or the private Swedish Lutheran School. It is likely you may had attended classes with one of my siblings or with me in Agazian. I was told recently, the poet Haile Bizen was few class grades ahead of me. If you remember her, my classroom teacher for two years was the indefatigable and the caring diligent teacher Memhir Gimja. She was a guiding light to many of us thru her encouragement and uplifting stories.
You must have sharp memory, you remembered a teacher's name from your elementary days. I don't remember any of the teachers' names from my elementary school. You probably are talking about the baltna (home economics) teacher who lived local. I also remember a brilliant disabled (I think - polio ) teacher who thought us Amharic and Science. I never came across Haile Bizen's poems. I just googled him now.

I don't know if you know but they have changed the name of the school to Bahti Meskerem (September 1st) after Awate's day. I am sure Awate deserves a school to be named after his day but, I don't understand why they wanted to get rid of a historic name that lasted thousands of years? I know tegadelti who named their children born in the struggle "Agazit". So if the name is good enough for their children, I don't understand why they thought it is not good enough for a school. Apparently people still call it Agazian as we continued to use KehaZ and Luel Mekonen instead of Keih Bahri and Asmera Hafeshawi.

Roha

Post by Roha » 31 Dec 2021, 03:20

Thank you, this is an astounding mosaic art that beautifully summarizes the first 2500 years of our history.
I think the artist Sanguineti did a remarkable job with this everlasting monumental work of historical art.
As far as I know, there is none equivalent or better work than this in Asmara in its class.

sarcasm

Post by sarcasm » 26 Jun 2022, 11:44

sarcasm wrote:
ሓደ ካብ ኤርትራ ዝኸዱ ኣቦ፥ ኣብ ኬንያ ህዝቢ ነጻ ዀይኑ ገዛውቲ ክሰርሕ ምስ ረኣይዎ፡ “ኣንታ ጒድ ርኢና፡ ገዛውቲ ይሰርሑ’ለው! እዚ ዓዲ ካን መንግስቲ ዝበሃል የብሉን ድዩ፧!” ኢሎም - ብምግራም።

---

- ንኤሪ-ጥረኛ፡ መንግስቲ ማለት ገዛ ምስራሕ ዝኽልክል ሓያል ማለት'ዩi

https://www.facebook.com/dessale.abraham

Zack

Post by Zack » 27 Jun 2022, 11:08

Hawzen wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 19:47

Dedebit is always dedeb

That’s why u should never let agames in ur land. Never be friendly to agames for they do not know hospitality and noble culture there for u need to kick in the face the moment they try to befriend u ur the. Moment they try to come to ur land kick them in the face

Dr Zackovich

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 27 Jun 2022, 14:57

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 14:33
Tigre people wake up and liberate yourself from Isaias Afwerki, this is your land, your city.

asbestos ይህንን ቪድዬ ተመልክቼ ልቤ በሐዘን ተሞላ ፣ አዎ አንተ በህፃንነት ህ እዚህ ትምህርት ቤት ከተማርክ ብዙ ት ዝታዎች ሊኖሩህ ይችላሉ ነገር ግን ህንፃው በአስቤስቶስ ስለተስራ ፤ ህንፃዎቹ መጣል አለባቸው እንደቆሻሻ ያለበለዚያ ካንስር ያስመጣሉ ፣ አንዴ አስቤስቶሱ ከተጋለጠ ምንም መድሀኒት የለውም ደግሞም አስቤስቶሱን ለማስወገድ ብዙ ገንዘብ ይጠይቃል ቀላሉ መንገድ ህንፃዎቹን እንደቆሻሻ መጣል ብቻ ነው። ተማሪ አስገብቶ እዚያ ትምህርት ቤት ማስተማር ማለት ካንስር ማስያዝ ነው ትርፉ።

አንድ ነገር ልናገር አያት ህ እቃ መስብስብ የምትወድ ከሆነ በዘጠና አመቱዋ ብዙ ገሳንግስ እቃዎች ት ስበስባለች እሱዋ ብዙ ት ዝታዎች ስላሉዋት እቃዎቹን መጣል አትችልም ስለዚህ የልጅ ልጅዋን ልከህ ነው ቤቱዋን ማፀዳት ያለበለዚያ የአያት ህ ቆሻሻ አይፀዳም ። አሁንም የኢርን ሽማግሌዎች ት ዝታ ለማትረፍ ተብሎ የወደፊት የኤርትራን ልጆች በካንስር ማሳበድ አይቻልም።

በሁለተኛ ድረጃ ሲንጋፑር ያረገችውን ልንገራቹሁ፣ ቆሼ ስፈሩዋን ስታፈራርስና ስማይ ጠቀስ ህንፃ ስትገነባ የድሮውን ኑሮዋቸውን እንዳይረሱ በማለት ትንሽ ከተማ ከግንባታው አትርፋ ቆሼው ስፈር እንዳለ ሆኖ አሁን ቱሪስቶች ይጎበኙታል ፣ ልክ መርካቶን በሙሉ ከማፍረስ ትንሽ ስፍራ ተተወዋለህ ለታሪክ

ወርቃማዎቹ አዲስ አበባን ወነተኛ አዲስ አበባ ያረጉዋት ብዙ ቆሼ ስፈርን በማፈራረስ ነው ። እነሱ የልጅነት ት ዝታ ስሌላቸው ማፈራረስ ቀላል ነበር ምድረ አሟራ ሲያለቃቅስ መለስ ምንም አልስማቸውም ድምጥማጡን እጥፍቶ ነው የገነባው። ት ዝ ይለኛል ታማኝ ለማኝ የአቡነፔጥሮስ አወልት ሊነሳ ሲል ኡኡ አለ የከተማ ባቡርን ሊያቆመው ፈለገ አውልቱ አይነካ ብሎ ግን መለስ ምንም አልስማውም አውልቱን ነቅሎ ባቡሩን አሳልፎ እንደገና ሐውልቱን ተከለው ። ይህ ነው ጀግንነት አሁንም አስቤስቶስ መውገድ አለበት የምን ት ዝታ ነው ወግ ስልጣኔ ይንገስ ነገ ደግሞ የልጅ ልጆች ህ የራሳቸው ት ዝታ ይሆራቸዋል ለአያት ት ዝታ የልጆችን ት ዝታ ማጥፋት አይቻልም

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Jun 2022, 23:08

Ethoash

It's a sad video to watch, let's pray together for the people in Massawa and Asmara.

Asmara has an estimated population of 5,000 inhabitants, However, 99.99 percent of the lovely population in Asmara lives in uninhabitable houses and I am not making this up, it is true, Asmara is very old Italian city and 99.99 percent of Italian buildings built before 1950 contain asbestos cement materials.

Older buildings containing asbestos cement materials can pose a serious health hazard to residents.

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 30 Jun 2022, 23:27

እንዳ ኣጋመ ተጸሊሎ አጸሊናዬም... ወረግ ገና!!

ፈስ ሁላ

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 02 Jul 2022, 10:32

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 23:08
Ethoash

It's a sad video to watch, let's pray together for the people in Massawa and Asmara.

Asmara has an estimated population of 5,000 inhabitants, However, 99.99 percent of the lovely population in Asmara lives in uninhabitable houses and I am not making this up, it is true, Asmara is very old Italian city and 99.99 percent of Italian buildings built before 1950 contain asbestos cement materials.

Older buildings containing asbestos cement materials can pose a serious health hazard to residents.

AbyssiniaLady

እነዚህን ኤርትራኖች ጋራ መዳረቅ አያስፈልግም፣ ተዋቸው ምን እንደሚያወሩ አያውቁም ይህንን የአስቤስቶስ ጎተት ቆንጆይቱ አስመራ ብለው ይዘምራሉ። አንድ የአማራ አባባይ አለ አባይን ያላየ ምንጭ ያመስግናል ይላሉ።

ስለዚህ ለምን የኢትዬዽያን አፓርትመንቶች አላሳይህም ፣ ይህ አንድ አይደልም እንደመሹሩም ነው የፈሉት ከሆላንድ አበሾች ተባብረው የሚስሩት ፎቅ ለጉድ ነው ፣ ግን ይህቺን ቆንጆ ስለወደድኩዋት እሱዋ የምታሳየውን አፓርተመንት እንመልክት ፣ ያው እንደተለመደው ኤርትራኖች ዋጋውን ሲስሙ ከቆንጅዋ ጋራ አፓርትመቱ የሚመጣ ሊመስላቸው ይችላል። ወይ ደግሞ እነዚህ ቡዳዎች ከቱርክ ነው እቃው የመጣው ብለው ሊያጣጥሉ ይፈልጋሉ። አንድ የቱርክ አፓርትመት የሚስራ ድርጅት የራሱን ዶላር ተጠቅሞ እቃ እንደሚያስገባና ከዲያስፕራዎች ሃያ በመቶ በመቀነስ በዶላር ቤት ሲገዙ የነሱን ዶላር ተጠቅሞ ምንም ከኢትዬዽያ ባንክ ዶላር እንደማይገዛ ተናግሮዋል። ብዙ የስልጠና ማስተላለፍ ተዴርጎዋል። ግን መቼም አማራ ታቀዋለህ አንዴ ከስለጠነ በኋላ ጥሎዋቸው ሌላ ቦታ ይቀጠራል ይህንን እና ሌላም ችለው ከምር ኢትዬዽያን ወደው ነው የሚስሩት።

ሌላዋ ቆንጆ ደግሞ አንድ ሁለት አፓርትመንት መስራት ቀርቶዋል ስፈር ትልቅ ስፈር መስራት ተጀምሮዋል ትለናለች፣ ይህ የቪላ መንደር ነው ። ነገር ግን የአፓርተመንትም መንደር መስራት ተጀምሮዋል ይህ እንግዲህ ኤርትራኖች ተኝተው ከእንቅልፋቸው ነቅተው ፣ ከኛ እንኳን ኮርጀው ትንሽ ቢንቀሳቀሱ ነገር እና ጦርነት ከሚፈልጉ። አሁን ይህንን ሁሉ እድገትን ያመጡትን ነው ጨረስናቸው የሚሉት። እሺ እነሱን ገድላቹሁ በድህነትና በባርነት ትኖራላቹሁ ወይስ ክእነሱ ኮርጃቹሁ ት ስለጥናላቹ ሁ

አማሮች አንድ አባባል አላቸው፣ እስከሚያልፍ የአባቴ ባርያ ይግዛኝ፣ ይህ ማለት ትናንትና ትግሬዎቹ በድህንተ ኤርትራ ውስጥ ለእናንተ ተቀጥረው ሊስሩ ይችሉ ይሆናል ። ስራውን በሙሉ ለምደው ይሄው አዲስ አበባን አነገሱዋት፣ ታድያ እየመረራቹሁም ከእነሱ መማር ነው ቅሉ ፣ ከመቅናትና ከማጥፋት ይሻላል።

Asmara

Post by Asmara » 02 Jul 2022, 11:56

Sarcasm, EthioTrash, AgameLady

You are worrying way too much about the state of buildings
in Asmara more than the Eritreans themselves.
No Eritrean cares if Mekele has skyscrapers or if its buildings are ruined.
Last edited by Asmara on 02 Jul 2022, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Ethoash
Senior Member+

Post by Ethoash » 02 Jul 2022, 12:07

Asmara wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 11:56
Sarcasm, EthioTrash, AgameLady

You are worrying way too much about the state of buildings
in Asmara more than the Eritreans themselves.
No Eritrean cares if Mekele has skyscrapes or if its buildings are ruined.

pls enjoy this in Ethiopia u need 10 million dollar to buy those house if u r foreigner. sorry but u can enjoy seeing this

pls watch this