Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Post Reply
Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 26 Dec 2021, 14:26

Since they declared their secession from Somalia in May 1991, the one-clan secessionist enclave calling itself Somaliland has left no stones unturned for 30 years to get recognized. But until now, it has to content itself with recognition from Taiwan, another renegade entity from China. The enclave sees at last a breakthrough, hoping to capitalize on the cold war hotting up between East and West. The USA is not happy to see Chines getting one up on them in Djibouti and wants another place, Berbera, all to their own, possibly in return for recognition. Having been shunned for decades, the enclave is only too happy to oblige the super power.

Those of the US calling for Somaliland’s recognition include Jendayi Frazer, former US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Stephen M. Schwartz, former U.S. Ambassador to Somalia (2016-17) and Joshua Meservey, senior policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation. Such American interest has been cascading and reaching alarmingly to Congress, who sent a congressional staff delegation to the enclave who arrived on December 3rd, 2021. This follows on the heels of a mission to the USA by a delegation from the enclave and led by its foreign minister. This overture to a renegade one-clan enclave is taking place on erroneous premises, wrong assumptions and, worse, as if the rest of Somalia, including those in the north who do not subscribe to the secession, did not exist, is all adding insult to injury.



https://hiiraan.com/op4/2021/dec/184920 ... iland.aspx

TGAA
Member
Posts: 4218
Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 20:34

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by TGAA » 26 Dec 2021, 15:13

irredentism nipped in the bud. Keep the rope away from Hawdian and AbysiniaLady, they have to be under suicide watch for some time.

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 26 Dec 2021, 16:07

TGAA wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 15:13
irredentism nipped in the bud. Keep the rope away from Hawdian and AbysiniaLady, they have to be under suicide watch for some time.





Neither does represent Somalis, nor their nonsensical .

TGAA
Member
Posts: 4218
Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 20:34

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by TGAA » 26 Dec 2021, 17:10

In that case I stand corrected. I guess they are hybrid weyanne/Somali or wyanne manufactured wone be Somalis on steroid. Either case they are scumbags.

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 26 Dec 2021, 20:07

TGAA wrote:
26 Dec 2021, 17:10
In that case I stand corrected. I guess they are hybrid weyanne/Somali or wyanne manufactured wone be Somalis on steroid. Either case they are scumbags.





I do not think that they are more objectionable than you.

Why have you not got guts to challenge them on what they're talking about, rather than farting about Somalia in vain!

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14930
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Zack » 27 Dec 2021, 07:15

As much as I oppose the independence of Somaliland
His arguments are a bit silly to say the least
Greater Somalia will come to affect because America would recognise Somaliland’s independence. This is a silly and not a substantial argument His second point I didn’t like the language tone of the one clan of the clan enclave. Somalia as a whole is based on clans and tribes. Why is he singlehandly pointing out Somaliland his khatumo is based on clan so is punt land galmudug. I feel he has a certain bias and if not hatred against the Isaac clan. Now his other point was that his clan is 80 percent of what was once known as British Somaliland. If that was the case why doesn’t he rule Somaliland makes no sense. It’s all so disingenuous to separate warsangali and dhulbahante two Dario’s subclans and lump all the others as one .makes no sense. The Somaliland case need to be addressed either re unification or independence this state of limbo is neither good for Somalia or Somaliland and I believe if re union which is a great idea. And good for the people the south needs to be came some with clear concessions on power sharing other wise civil war will never end in the somali peninsula .

Dr Zackovich

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 27 Dec 2021, 12:55

Zack wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 07:15
As much as I oppose the independence of Somaliland
His arguments are a bit silly to say the least
Greater Somalia will come to affect because America would recognise Somaliland’s independence. This is a silly and not a substantial argument His second point I didn’t like the language tone of the one clan of the clan enclave. Somalia as a whole is based on clans and tribes. Why is he singlehandly pointing out Somaliland his khatumo is based on clan so is punt land galmudug. I feel he has a certain bias and if not hatred against the Isaac clan. Now his other point was that his clan is 80 percent of what was once known as British Somaliland. If that was the case why doesn’t he rule Somaliland makes no sense. It’s all so disingenuous to separate warsangali and dhulbahante two Dario’s subclans and lump all the others as one .makes no sense. The Somaliland case need to be addressed either re unification or independence this state of limbo is neither good for Somalia or Somaliland and I believe if re union which is a great idea. And good for the people the south needs to be came some with clear concessions on power sharing other wise civil war will never end in the somali peninsula .

Dr Zackovich






"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Trust me, if you want to call someone silly or what they're saying, look no further; you're a perfect example of this, as you're talking out of your arse without having any insight into what you're talking about. To you, anything Somali should be seen through tribal lenses; a primitive mentality which Somalis are having hard to eradicate, alas!

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14930
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Zack » 27 Dec 2021, 14:47

It is tribally motivated his whole objection to Somaliland isn’t from nationalistic view point but solely tribal. You can read the undertone in his writing. He is been writing for decades. For example his clan supported puntland based on tribal reason they had a fall back based on tribal lines because they felt cheated
Again from a sub tribal prism. I don’t like dishonest people. If he opposed Somaliland based on greater Somali aspirations you would not hear From me.But it isn’t the case


Dr Zackovich

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 28 Dec 2021, 14:57

Zack wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 14:47
It is tribally motivated his whole objection to Somaliland isn’t from nationalistic view point but solely tribal. You can read the undertone in his writing. He is been writing for decades. For example his clan supported puntland based on tribal reason they had a fall back based on tribal lines because they felt cheated
Again from a sub tribal prism. I don’t like dishonest people. If he opposed Somaliland based on greater Somali aspirations you would not hear From me.But it isn’t the case


Dr Zackovich





Your insight into Somalia is obviously limited, I reiterate, to what you can capture through your tribal lenses, as your mother is Isak and that's where your simplistic nonsense comes from.

Besides, when he calls Somaliland a one clan enclave (and trust me he's not the only one to call them as such), he's not claiming that what used to be called British Somaliland protectorate is inhabited only by one clan, but rather is indicating the truth that this somaliland project was concocted and advertised by one clan and has been entertained in only those areas where Isaks are in majority (even though not all Isaks are supporting separation from the rest of Somalia) out of what used to be called British Somaliland protectorate, who are rejecting this cynical one clan project.

His account is not based on a greater Somalia ideal at all but facts on the ground.

Somaliland is nothing but a futile project entertained by a few tribal minded, like you, and a bunch of power-hungry evils, including the mentally disabled Muse Bihi.

Somaliland has been practically independent for over 30 years now, yet not only has it not achieved any substantial progress, but also, it has been the only entity on earth that's searching for a recognition, and guess why - to go knocking on white man's doors to beg. White man is not stupid and doesn't want any more hungry mouth coming to their table.

Sure, there's a relative peace in this one clan enclave, but make no mistake, such peace is not the work of Somaliland but simply because local people have had enough of conflicts.

He's not opposed anyone but poor tribal minded souls, like you, and selfish power-hungry evils like those idiots who have been distracting people with such a lame-duck project.

Somaliland has not been given a recognition, simply because no country has an interest in doing so. Somaliland has very recently congratulated Barbados for becoming a republic, as the Queen of the United Kingdom will no longer be head of state in Barbados but the country remains a member of the Commonwealth, but guess what - Barbados hasn't even bothered to acknowledge such a congratulation.

People from Somaliland are the only Somalis who are scribbling down on social media that there's a genocide taking place in Tigray. They should also recognise it as a country. Shouldn't they to make it part of its club of uselessness!

Last but not least, again, make no mistake, these so-called regional administrations, including Somaliland, are surviving out of the chaos in Somalia, which is permanently fuelled by the western world to counter China's advance in the HOA, but will soon vanish when the real Somalis take over their country. Amen.

kolfe
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Apr 2013, 13:03

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by kolfe » 28 Dec 2021, 15:36

somaliman aka [deleted],
This is ethiopian forum, why u bringing somali issues here? we are not interested...know your audience...[deleted] somali...

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 28 Dec 2021, 16:34

kolfe wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 15:36
somaliman aka [deleted],
This is ethiopian forum, why u bringing somali issues here? we are not interested...know your audience...[deleted] somali...






Solo para hacer enojar a los idiotas como tú.

Fiyameta
Member+
Posts: 5305
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 22:59

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Fiyameta » 28 Dec 2021, 16:51





The Seven Seas


Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14930
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Zack » 29 Dec 2021, 09:44

Somaliman wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 14:57
Zack wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 14:47
It is tribally motivated his whole objection to Somaliland isn’t from nationalistic view point but solely tribal. You can read the undertone in his writing. He is been writing for decades. For example his clan supported puntland based on tribal reason they had a fall back based on tribal lines because they felt cheated
Again from a sub tribal prism. I don’t like dishonest people. If he opposed Somaliland based on greater Somali aspirations you would not hear From me.But it isn’t the case


Dr Zackovich





Your insight into Somalia is obviously limited, I reiterate, to what you can capture through your tribal lenses, as your mother is Isak and that's where your simplistic nonsense comes from.

Besides, when he calls Somaliland a one clan enclave (and trust me he's not the only one to call them as such), he's not claiming that what used to be called British Somaliland protectorate is inhabited only by one clan, but rather is indicating the truth that this somaliland project was concocted and advertised by one clan and has been entertained in only those areas where Isaks are in majority (even though not all Isaks are supporting separation from the rest of Somalia) out of what used to be called British Somaliland protectorate, who are rejecting this cynical one clan project.

His account is not based on a greater Somalia ideal at all but facts on the ground.

Somaliland is nothing but a futile project entertained by a few tribal minded, like you, and a bunch of power-hungry evils, including the mentally disabled Muse Bihi.

Somaliland has been practically independent for over 30 years now, yet not only has it not achieved any substantial progress, but also, it has been the only entity on earth that's searching for a recognition, and guess why - to go knocking on white man's doors to beg. White man is not stupid and doesn't want any more hungry mouth coming to their table.

Sure, there's a relative peace in this one clan enclave, but make no mistake, such peace is not the work of Somaliland but simply because local people have had enough of conflicts.

He's not opposed anyone but poor tribal minded souls, like you, and selfish power-hungry evils like those idiots who have been distracting people with such a lame-duck project.

Somaliland has not been given a recognition, simply because no country has an interest in doing so. Somaliland has very recently congratulated Barbados for becoming a republic, as the Queen of the United Kingdom will no longer be head of state in Barbados but the country remains a member of the Commonwealth, but guess what - Barbados hasn't even bothered to acknowledge such a congratulation.

People from Somaliland are the only Somalis who are scribbling down on social media that there's a genocide taking place in Tigray. They should also recognise it as a country. Shouldn't they to make it part of its club of uselessness!

Last but not least, again, make no mistake, these so-called regional administrations, including Somaliland, are surviving out of the chaos in Somalia, which is permanently fuelled by the western world to counter China's advance in the HOA, but will soon vanish when the real Somalis take over their country. Amen.


Utterly nonsense now let’s break it down shall we . The whole point you pointing out him objecting to Somaliland is because one clan is more dominant. That’s his only objection fear of being a minority inside a Somaliland dominated by the clan he hates so much. It isn’t much about Somalia or unity or somaliweyn . It stems purely from tribal hatred’. As for Somaliland not making progress it has a larger budget then the paper govt in Mogadishu which gets all the aid of the international community. It surely does better then puntland. The only place somaliand has isn’t doing better is kilil5 and Djibouti. But It does better then Somalia in all aspects if we being honest.My mother is actually not Isaac but gadabuursi my grandmother is though. By the way I say a solution to the problem obviously there are dhulbahante subclans that support Somalia and there are others who support Somaliland the one that support Somaliland should remain with Somaliland and the one opposed be part of Somalia a sort of partition of the territory that could be a solutions. My question is what makes warsangali and dhulbahante two clans in the protectorate aren’t they both Harris Darood why lump al samaroon all Isaac together but divide a mere small subclan of darood into two. It doesn’t increase ur numbers. You your self your are not objective and biased towards Somaliland why is that


Dr Zackovich

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 29 Dec 2021, 19:08

Zack wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 09:44
Somaliman wrote:
28 Dec 2021, 14:57
Zack wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 14:47
It is tribally motivated his whole objection to Somaliland isn’t from nationalistic view point but solely tribal. You can read the undertone in his writing. He is been writing for decades. For example his clan supported puntland based on tribal reason they had a fall back based on tribal lines because they felt cheated
Again from a sub tribal prism. I don’t like dishonest people. If he opposed Somaliland based on greater Somali aspirations you would not hear From me.But it isn’t the case


Dr Zackovich





Your insight into Somalia is obviously limited, I reiterate, to what you can capture through your tribal lenses, as your mother is Isak and that's where your simplistic nonsense comes from.

Besides, when he calls Somaliland a one clan enclave (and trust me he's not the only one to call them as such), he's not claiming that what used to be called British Somaliland protectorate is inhabited only by one clan, but rather is indicating the truth that this somaliland project was concocted and advertised by one clan and has been entertained in only those areas where Isaks are in majority (even though not all Isaks are supporting separation from the rest of Somalia) out of what used to be called British Somaliland protectorate, who are rejecting this cynical one clan project.

His account is not based on a greater Somalia ideal at all but facts on the ground.

Somaliland is nothing but a futile project entertained by a few tribal minded, like you, and a bunch of power-hungry evils, including the mentally disabled Muse Bihi.

Somaliland has been practically independent for over 30 years now, yet not only has it not achieved any substantial progress, but also, it has been the only entity on earth that's searching for a recognition, and guess why - to go knocking on white man's doors to beg. White man is not stupid and doesn't want any more hungry mouth coming to their table.

Sure, there's a relative peace in this one clan enclave, but make no mistake, such peace is not the work of Somaliland but simply because local people have had enough of conflicts.

He's not opposed anyone but poor tribal minded souls, like you, and selfish power-hungry evils like those idiots who have been distracting people with such a lame-duck project.

Somaliland has not been given a recognition, simply because no country has an interest in doing so. Somaliland has very recently congratulated Barbados for becoming a republic, as the Queen of the United Kingdom will no longer be head of state in Barbados but the country remains a member of the Commonwealth, but guess what - Barbados hasn't even bothered to acknowledge such a congratulation.

People from Somaliland are the only Somalis who are scribbling down on social media that there's a genocide taking place in Tigray. They should also recognise it as a country. Shouldn't they to make it part of its club of uselessness!

Last but not least, again, make no mistake, these so-called regional administrations, including Somaliland, are surviving out of the chaos in Somalia, which is permanently fuelled by the western world to counter China's advance in the HOA, but will soon vanish when the real Somalis take over their country. Amen.


Utterly nonsense now let’s break it down shall we . The whole point you pointing out him objecting to Somaliland is because one clan is more dominant. That’s his only objection fear of being a minority inside a Somaliland dominated by the clan he hates so much. It isn’t much about Somalia or unity or somaliweyn . It stems purely from tribal hatred’. As for Somaliland not making progress it has a larger budget then the paper govt in Mogadishu which gets all the aid of the international community. It surely does better then puntland. The only place somaliand has isn’t doing better is kilil5 and Djibouti. But It does better then Somalia in all aspects if we being honest.My mother is actually not Isaac but gadabuursi my grandmother is though. By the way I say a solution to the problem obviously there are dhulbahante subclans that support Somalia and there are others who support Somaliland the one that support Somaliland should remain with Somaliland and the one opposed be part of Somalia a sort of partition of the territory that could be a solutions. My question is what makes warsangali and dhulbahante two clans in the protectorate aren’t they both Harris Darood why lump al samaroon all Isaac together but divide a mere small subclan of darood into two. It doesn’t increase ur numbers. You your self your are not objective and biased towards Somaliland why is that


Dr Zackovich



What you forget is that the British didn't get Somaliland on the basis of which clan was living in this region. Both Warsengeli and Dhulhabante were living in this region long before the British knew of the existence of Somalis on earth.

You believe that some sub clans of Darod are supporting the futile Somaliland project and others are unionists. This is totally untrue, as there are no such sub clans divided on this issues. It's rather based on individual perspective and persuasion, as even among Isaks many of them are against this secession.

Willing to divide Somalis in to more sub-clan enclaves proves that you're infested by clanish mindset beyond repair.

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14930
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Zack » 09 Jan 2022, 08:54

I don’t care if they stay united I would prefer that but if they don’t want u can’t really force it. I don’t like the darood narrative though of Osman of only wanting to seperate his subclans because of clan because he is purely afraid of Isaac dominance that’s madness we Issa dominate both samaroon and Isaac in Djibouti and afar big dea darood and hawiye dominate all the rest in somalia including rahanweyn and dir it’s just the way it is i don’t think there area Isaac who oppose independence the one in Djibouti proudly wear their sl bracelets

The British just made the borders i don’t think there is Anniston a big issue. Dhulbahante warsangali and mj were always having divided territories that’s all


Dr Zackovich

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 09 Jan 2022, 15:38

Zack wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 08:54
I don’t care if they stay united I would prefer that but if they don’t want u can’t really force it. I don’t like the darood narrative though of Osman of only wanting to seperate his subclans because of clan because he is purely afraid of Isaac dominance that’s madness we Issa dominate both samaroon and Isaac in Djibouti and afar big dea darood and hawiye dominate all the rest in somalia including rahanweyn and dir it’s just the way it is i don’t think there area Isaac who oppose independence the one in Djibouti proudly wear their sl bracelets

The British just made the borders i don’t think there is Anniston a big issue. Dhulbahante warsangali and mj were always having divided territories that’s all


Dr Zackovich


darood and hawiye dominate all the rest in somalia including rahanweyn and dir it’s just the way it is
That's not true at all. And it's not just the way it is, but the way you see it through your tribalistic lenses.They do not dominate anywhere, and in case you mean by the politics, they don't dominate the politics in the South, either. Foreign interests of all sort of labels, including the broad group of people and governments hiding behind the misleading vague phrase of "The international community", have been running the Somali politics since the collapse of the central government led by Siyad Barre.

In Djibouti, you don't dominate anyone; you're just following the formula dictated by the French.

However, in democracy, it's not about a majority group dominating minority groups. This type of majority is called "The tyranny of the majority", which is an inherent weakness to majority rule in which the majority of an electorate pursues exclusively its own objectives at the expense of those of the minority groups.
Last edited by Somaliman on 09 Jan 2022, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

AbyssiniaLady
Member
Posts: 4042
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 05:44

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 09 Jan 2022, 17:06

Nappy headed Zack, Since the conflict began in your lovely homeland Tigray, More than 1.5 million Tigrayans have been killed and displaced an estimated 3 million Tigrayans and caused over 180,000 Tigrayan women and children to flee to Sudan, After all this misery, you are still here pretending to be Somali while dividing Somalis, Tigray does not share border with Somalis, what do you & your fellow Tigrayans want from Somalis?

Let me refresh your memory, No Somali in his/her right mind would say such a thing.














Habesha need your sermon now more than ever before.

Somaliman
Member
Posts: 2867
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 20:12
Location: Heaven

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Somaliman » 10 Jan 2022, 14:26

No Somali in his/her right mind would say such a thing.
No Somali not even in their right mind would claim such a bullshit!

The funny thing is that each time you dig into the past bullshit of Zack, he disappears for a while, instead of defending his nonsense! Hope he would make an exception this time and say something about this.

Zack
Senior Member
Posts: 14930
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 08:24

Re: Why the USA Should Not Recognize Somaliland

Post by Zack » 10 Jan 2022, 15:23

Why on earth would it be weird to defend Tigray and Tigrinya unity and peace it’s the two people we as Somalia had as little conflict with and it was us that supported them against the clever by half amharas i don’t see an issue with this at all


Dr Zackovich

Post Reply