Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abere

Re: Atse Tewodros’s Father was Tigaru and His Mom was Amhara, Have A Problem With this TRUTH?

Post by Abere » 22 Dec 2021, 12:58

By the way Amba Mariam is found between Meqella and Amhara Saint, it used to be the seat of power for where the districts of Meqdella and Amhara saint governed.

ቤተን አሰሩልኝ አምባ ማርያም ላይ፥
አማራ ሳይንትን ግሸንን እንዳይ።

ያለቸው አርቲስት ዶ/ር ማሪቱ ለገሰ - የወሎዋ የሙዚቃ ንግስት።

ቴወድሮስ መቅደላ የመጣው የትውልድ ሃረግም ጭምር አለበት ከወታደራዊ ጠቀሜታ ባሻገር። ለማለት ነው።

teodroseIII

Re: Atse Tewodros’s Father was Tigaru and His Mom was Amhara, Have A Problem With this TRUTH?

Post by teodroseIII » 22 Dec 2021, 12:59

Gash Aberra,

You are talking to one of his relatives, I am living in Alexandria, Virigina and I am a direct descendant of Atse Tewodros II through my father Fikremariam Million nee Bisewer Million. I trace my ancestry to Atse Tewodros II through his son Meshesha Tewodros who was a Ras in Menelik II's royal court. Refer to picture below. My aim in stating Atse Tewodros's lineage is not to create a revisionist history, I am not trying to lift one ethnic group above another, in my blood is both Amhara and Tigrayan blood, as much as I love both, I am Ethiopian first and foremost and above that a human being who is a child of Igzihabier like everyone else. I wish everyone else would start believing in that concept because if we did instead of being stuck in the tribalistic trap that TPLF placed before us, Ethiopia would not be having the problem that he is having at this moment.

Respectully,

Teodrose Bisewer
Abere wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 12:34
Might help consulting academic research publications.
Academic Journals - African Journal of History and Culture - an identity of tewodros ii: controversy vs reality. (1970). African Journal of History and Culture. Available at: https://academicjournals.org/journal/AJ ... vs_reality [Accessed 22 Dec. 2021].

Before Kassa Hailu came to power, Ethiopia had been divided in several regional warlords. Various sources strongly argue to that Tewodros II was the founder of modern Ethiopia. Tewodros II’s ethnic background is seems a controversial issue to both the early and current writers. Thus, the problem for this study is the overwhelmed inconsistencies among professional and amateur writers regarding his ethnic background. Some recently emerged and politically motivated writers are claiming his mother’s origin from Qimant and as of his father from Tigre. The main objective of this study is to find out the true ethnic identity of Emperor Tewodros II, where he was born, grew up, and to give scholarly response for the non-trainee and professional writers. To do this study, the researcher used qualitative research approach and case study design. Several published works,and collection of letters were consulted, with in-depth interviews of his family members; and other individuals. Thus, it is found that Princess Atitegeb Wondwossen was born at Amba Mariam near Enfranz. Her ancestors (father and mother) were from the family of Amhara. Her son, Kassa Hailu (later,Tewodros II) was born in the ranks of middle-class, Hailu Wolde Giyorgis (his father) and from his mother Atitegeb Wondwossen in the district of Dembya, not in Quara. Genealogically, Tewodro II’s pedigree is from Amhara. Presently, the relatives of Emperor Tewodros II are living in Quara, Alefa Takusa, Enfranz, and Belesa woredas.

Abere

Post by Abere » 22 Dec 2021, 15:25

TeodroseIII,

I think Emperor Tewodros biography is an open book. If Emperor Tewodros were a live he would be very disappointed by what this generation is doing. All this is brought by TPLF and its disciples. For that matter 5% or 10% blood drops in ones personality belongs to this or that ethnic group does not work at all in Ethiopia. It is an invalid conspiracy. 100% of Ethiopians blood is the same Ethiopian blood. Once upon a time, Emperor Haileselassse was asked if he had an Oromo lineage and he said የኦሮሞ ደም የሌለበት ሰው ካለ እርሱ ቡዳ ነው፥ሰው አይደለም ማለት ነው።ፈልጋችሁ አምጡልኝ:: ነው ያሉት ጃነሆይ። In fact, the major challenge of Emperor Tewodros was not his ethnic background, but he was perceived as an illegitimate or usurped the Solomonic dynasty. Some either based on fact or conspiracy, attempted to justify his legitimacy stating that Emepror Tewdros had a lineage with the Gondarine King of Fassiledess - you know where this leads. This leads more to the fact Tewodrso might have the blood from Bakafas. In any case, it is good you contribute something for a curious reader, but there are more literature that helps to validate if your work is accurate and acceptable. The reason I am saying this, mostly families in the past exaggerate on their genealogy with the assumption of some privileges and claims. And some with no or slight connection. I am not saying your family did that. But to become an authority it is great to do a deeper literature. I could not find the YouTube, I remember the Amhara Region TV interviewed Emperor Tewedors, I guess, grand children and they could be a good resource too.

teodroseIII wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 12:59
Gash Aberra,

You are talking to one of his relatives, I am living in Alexandria, Virigina and I am a direct descendant of Atse Tewodros II through my father Fikremariam Million nee Bisewer Million. I trace my ancestry to Atse Tewodros II through his son Meshesha Tewodros who was a Ras in Menelik II's royal court. Refer to picture below. My aim in stating Atse Tewodros's lineage is not to create a revisionist history, I am not trying to lift one ethnic group above another, in my blood is both Amhara and Tigrayan blood, as much as I love both, I am Ethiopian first and foremost and above that a human being who is a child of Igzihabier like everyone else. I wish everyone else would start believing in that concept because if we did instead of being stuck in the tribalistic trap that TPLF placed before us, Ethiopia would not be having the problem that he is having at this moment.

Respectully,

Teodrose Bisewer
Abere wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 12:34
Might help consulting academic research publications.
Academic Journals - African Journal of History and Culture - an identity of tewodros ii: controversy vs reality. (1970). African Journal of History and Culture. Available at: https://academicjournals.org/journal/AJ ... vs_reality [Accessed 22 Dec. 2021].

Before Kassa Hailu came to power, Ethiopia had been divided in several regional warlords. Various sources strongly argue to that Tewodros II was the founder of modern Ethiopia. Tewodros II’s ethnic background is seems a controversial issue to both the early and current writers. Thus, the problem for this study is the overwhelmed inconsistencies among professional and amateur writers regarding his ethnic background. Some recently emerged and politically motivated writers are claiming his mother’s origin from Qimant and as of his father from Tigre. The main objective of this study is to find out the true ethnic identity of Emperor Tewodros II, where he was born, grew up, and to give scholarly response for the non-trainee and professional writers. To do this study, the researcher used qualitative research approach and case study design. Several published works,and collection of letters were consulted, with in-depth interviews of his family members; and other individuals. Thus, it is found that Princess Atitegeb Wondwossen was born at Amba Mariam near Enfranz. Her ancestors (father and mother) were from the family of Amhara. Her son, Kassa Hailu (later,Tewodros II) was born in the ranks of middle-class, Hailu Wolde Giyorgis (his father) and from his mother Atitegeb Wondwossen in the district of Dembya, not in Quara. Genealogically, Tewodro II’s pedigree is from Amhara. Presently, the relatives of Emperor Tewodros II are living in Quara, Alefa Takusa, Enfranz, and Belesa woredas.

Dejach Aklilu

Post by Dejach Aklilu » 22 Dec 2021, 15:47

Listen up, Atse Tewodros is not some minor chieftain or some mythical folklore figure any old random negro like you can claim to descend from, as for his ancestors, there is no debate to be had either, his mother descends from the rulers of Sayint and his father was Dembiyan/Quara lord. Tigray and the Tigres were the number one reason why Atse Tewodros was derailed from his mission to modernise Ethiopia, luckily his protégé Menelik II took the baton and made Tewodros' dream a reality in spite of Tigrayan sabotage at every step just like their act of sobatage now, nothing has changed.

teodroseIII

Post by teodroseIII » 22 Dec 2021, 16:08

You are wrong, the number one reason why Atse Tewodros II was derailed was the supposed Ethiopian "orthodox" church which was actually catholicsm that had coopted our church thanks to King Susnyos. As for your petty insults, for God's sake can you people talk without acting like children. What does it profit you to come online and throw pejoratives at someone who could be your son? It's a shame, the Derg generation never grew up.
Dejach Aklilu wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 15:47
Listen up, Atse Tewodros is not some minor chieftain or some mythical folklore figure any old random negro like you can claim to descend from, as for his ancestors, there is no debate to be had either, his mother descends from the rulers of Sayint and his father was Dembiyan/Quara lord. Tigray and the Tigres were the number one reason why Atse Tewodros was derailed from his mission to modernise Ethiopia, luckily his protégé Menelik II took the baton and made Tewodros' dream a reality in spite of Tigrayan sabotage at every step just like their act of sobatage now, nothing has changed.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 22 Dec 2021, 16:17

you are worser then a prostitute. atleast banda is banda you here to bastar'dize our country.

YOU DO KNOW king KASSA HAILU WAS NOT FROM THE OFFICIAL SOLOMONIC LINE RIGHT??? His father was a Deambian Gondere and his mother Sayint Amhara

I'm sick and tired of talking about this shxt bantu werada

you have disgusted the name "atse" into garbage even kings sound dirty now no such thing as royal bloodline every ethiopian king claimed israelite heritage after axum fell.
teodroseIII wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 16:08
You are wrong, the number one reason why Atse Tewodros II was derailed was the supposed Ethiopian "orthodox" church which was actually catholicsm that had coopted our church thanks to King Susnyos. As for your petty insults, for God's sake can you people talk without acting like children. What does it profit you to come online and throw pejoratives at someone who could be your son? It's a shame, the Derg generation never grew up.
Dejach Aklilu wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 15:47
Last edited by Noble Amhara on 22 Dec 2021, 16:27, edited 2 times in total.

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 22 Dec 2021, 16:20

The Prince of Tigray

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 24 Feb 2022, 13:12

Abere wrote:
22 Dec 2021, 15:25
In fact, the major challenge of Emperor Tewodros was not his ethnic background, but he was perceived as an illegitimate or usurped the Solomonic dynasty. Some either based on fact or conspiracy, attempted to justify his legitimacy stating that Emepror Tewdros had a lineage with the Gondarine King of Fassiledess - you know where this leads. This leads more to the fact Tewodrso might have the blood from Bakafas.
Abere,

Your suggestion here reminds me of another I had ran into during the era of Deja News. Sounds a long time ago. It was a narrative by an analytical writer from Horo Guduru, a son of Birru. His narrative had me say በገን ዱኤ ኣርጌ and rethink an outlook I had resigned from at the time. እንኳን ሞቼ ኣየሁ ማለት ነዉ፣ ሞቶ የታዘበ ሰዉ።

Would you mind shedding more light on the history of Gondar from the time of Gragn to Atse Tewodros or is there a solid reference you would recommend?