Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

Congratulations To My/Our Sister H.E. Deqa

Post by ittuabafarda » 08 Dec 2021, 00:34

There is another news today from here in the USA which I found so exhilarating to me. I read the news about the mayoral election result at the city of South Portland, Maine. That city has elected the first black person as its mayor. That person is not only black but also a Muslim and a Somali American. Also that person is not only black, Muslim and a Somali American but also a woman. Wait a minute! They were not done yet. That city happens to be inhabited by more than 90% white people. Hold up! Hold up!!! I ain't done yet. She is also the first Somali American mayor in the entire USA. Our precious sister's name is Deqa Dhalac, Mayor Deqa Dhalac, that is. I hope members of our sisters and brothers of the Somali Diaspora will read this comment by this beyond-repair Afro-centric and deliver my deeply heartfelt congratulations to my/our Sister Mayor Deqa Dhalac on her ground braking, trail blazing election. The news of your election has made my day. I'm good now! I'm good for a month!!! Here is the link of the news about her election: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-som ... uxbndlbing

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: Congratulations To My/Our Sister H.E. Deqa

Post by Horus » 08 Dec 2021, 02:07

Yes, this is a great start. I know Maine very well, it is a small liberal state north of Mass and South Portland is a 25,000 population small city. Maine a nice semi rural state.

ittuabafarda

Re: Congratulations To My/Our Sister H.E. Deqa

Post by ittuabafarda » 08 Dec 2021, 04:07

Horus wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 02:07
Yes, this is a great start. I know Maine very well, it is a small liberal state north of Mass and South Portland is a 25,000 population small city. Maine a nice semi rural state.
You are absolutely right. This should be seen just as a start and for others to follow. Her success once again confirms the whole truth about Good Ole USA that once you put your heart and soul along with hard work and know how anything is possible. Her success resonates about the changing leadership environment here in America and can have far reaching implications that will go all the way back to the Horn of Africa. There is another news I read the other day about one of our own who was elected to his city's council in Minnesota. He had the chance to meet our President Biden and told him about what is really going on back in the old country. This countryman told the president his amazing story how he narrowly escaped a massacre perpetrated by the then rulers there. You would not believe how happy and also proud I am of him too. I Praise The Almighty Our Creator for blessing me to live so long to see this day. Alhamdulillah!!!!