Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Urgent Message to Elias Kifle

Post by DefendTheTruth » 07 Dec 2021, 14:07

Elias,

some of the threads are filled with gruesome images of dead human bodies, for example this one viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282247&start=20. This is difficult to watch, I don't open most of the time or if I happen to open then just close it again and proceed. It is one of the most horrible chapter of Ethiopian history. We all hate TPLF for what it caused to the people of Ethiopia and those bodies littering your forum spaces are bodies of Ethiopians, from which ever side the victims could be.

I wish death to those who caused such an appalling situation to our people, but let's respect the dead body's reverence, the dead is already in the hands of God.

Please ban any posting of dead human corpses and pay a tribute to our own people's cultural values and respect the dead.

None Ethiopian sites like Youtube, Facebook, and others don't allow the posting of such gruesome images on their site, why are you allowing the posting of your own fellow human beings bodies on your page?

I urge you to take this matter seriously and ban any corpses of our fellow citizens. If TPLF is doing the same, then show them that you are not in the same level to them and defeat them on the moral front as well.

Thanks for considering in advance!

eden
Member+

Re: Urgent Message to Elias Kifle

Post by eden » 07 Dec 2021, 14:13

Co-signed!

ZEMEN

Post by ZEMEN » 07 Dec 2021, 14:15

DefendTheTruth wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 14:07
Elias,

some of the threads are filled with gruesome images of dead human bodies, for example this one viewtopic.php?f=2&t=282247&start=20. This is difficult to watch, I don't open most of the time or if I happen to open then just close it again and proceed. It is one of the most horrible chapter of Ethiopian history. We all hate TPLF for what it caused to the people of Ethiopia and those bodies littering your forum spaces are bodies of Ethiopians, from which ever side the victims could be.

I wish death to those who caused such an appalling situation to our people, but let's respect the dead body's reverence, the dead is already in the hands of God.

Please ban any posting of dead human corpses and pay a tribute to our own people's cultural values and respect the dead.

None Ethiopian sites like Youtube, Facebook, and others don't allow the posting of such gruesome images on their site, why are you allowing the posting of your own fellow human beings bodies on your page?

I urge you to take this matter seriously and ban any corpses of our fellow citizens. If TPLF is doing the same, then show them that you are not in the same level to them and defeat them on the moral front as well.

There is a benefit for displaying those pictures. The Tigryans in diaspora are completely blinded by TPLF propaganda and they are deaf, so this kind of pictures will let them know what the truth is and the real time in the ground. So, some can argue in both ways.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 07 Dec 2021, 14:20

Are you talking on this?

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 07 Dec 2021, 14:43

From what i see, there is nothing wrong posting the pictures of dead agame. Only diaspora agames refuse to see their dead bodies. It goes against what they fantisize i.e killing ethiopians.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 07 Dec 2021, 14:54

DTT,

I disagree. All reality is processed through images. We think with images. This is why people believe in fiction and imagination. True historical methodology is this kind of real and factual image. Otherwise, how can we believe the veracity of a historical claim? Yes, the images traumatize us but even more it the behavior and cruelty of TPLF that has been traumatizing Ethiopia for 50 years. Tigrays need to see in black and white that their children can turn into a piece of dead object, into nothing. They need to let Ethiopia go. They need to stop. One way of doing that is to display the full image of death in front of their faces . Pictures speak millions of words. Tigrays don't value their lives. These images prove it. It is also images Susan and Gayle need to see what happened to their boy friends.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 07 Dec 2021, 15:56

Misraq and Horus,

I think you are missing the central message of my post: I am not trying to lecture about what information should be captured, saved and transmitted to any potential recipients. Information has to be in a format and content adequate for the intended recipient. If we were, just as an example, in a legal procedure, then such content of the information might be necessary to provide.

In general terms there is a universal understanding and code of conduct (of humans) that says graphic images are not intended for the general public, which could mean any person, including minors and other potential recipients. Just think about a mother or any loved ones of the deceased ones, who could theoretically happen to watch such images, without being directly responsible for the atrocities. But such scene will leave a lasting scar and/or even damage on the involved person.

The other point you should take into account is also the potential damage such images could entail for the future of our country, we are all citizens of the great nation called Ethiopia. We have to earn our greatness. We can't put oursleves on the level of the renegade TPLF, which will remain a lasting embarrassment for our nation for generations to come.

This entity is out of the equation for me, a cancer that was developed into our body at large.

Securing information for documentation and saving it as evidence, including teaching the next and current generations is not the same as using to for public exhibition. The latter shouldn't be allowed, in case of such graphic images in my view and that of many others in the civilized world. ETV is also not showing it in order to adhere itself to such norms.

ethiopianunity
Member+

Post by ethiopianunity » 07 Dec 2021, 20:33

Good point, some disgusting people post such posts druelling, you have yo questiin who they are;-)

Sholla Addis

Post by Sholla Addis » 07 Dec 2021, 20:48

The majority of those who post dead persons, regardless of who they associate with, are Shabeya, who are set on sowing discord and hatred among Ethiopians. The majority of them are hired cyber jegna.

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 07 Dec 2021, 21:04

There Are Shabia among us.
ethiopianunity wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 20:33
Good point, some disgusting people post such posts druelling, you have yo questiin who they are;-)

ethioscience

Post by ethioscience » 07 Dec 2021, 21:16

Why do we care about these traitor Agames ? I can assure you Elias will not fall for their crocodile tears… Moron Agames Fake News can only be stopped with facts!!!

[/quote]

Wedi
Member+

Post by Wedi » 07 Dec 2021, 21:19

Are you guys talking about these images? Mereja fooum is not Facebook or twitter that Crused lander Tigrayans can control using their master USA.

We Like and love Mereja forum because of its uncensored Full freedom of free speech.

By the way these are photos of crused people who have no any dignity at all.

Remember these are the guys who gang raped old mothers and young children in groups of 10 or more without any shame.

On top of that these are criminals who are killing not only innocent people but also animals for being Animals and properties of Amhara and Afar people

. .

https://i.ibb.co/VvKMLrT/Dead-TPLF-2021 ... .png[image][/image]

Tiago

Post by Tiago » 07 Dec 2021, 21:40

TPLF supporters are desensitized to these sort of pictures.In fact ,modt of them believe these pictures sre fake or Amharas killed by TPLF.

I believe it serves no purpose other than the western media to use it to justify the inhumane nature of the ENDF under Abiy Ahmed.

It is distasteful and ineffective against those who lie at any cost.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 07 Dec 2021, 22:04

DTT,
I fully understand and I anticipated your response when I repeatedly used the emotion of trauma. Remember, we are dealing with many issues here - ethics, emotions, culture, information, knowledge, etc. To begin with war is ugly and a type of behavior that requires clearly defined moral justification. So, I have no dispute with ugliness of war and hence image of a killed and mutilated body.

I also agree with you that minors shall not be exposed to such images for the well known reason that it causes childhood trauma and subsequent behavioral problems. ETV is right in not showing these images on television - a medium whose reach is unpredictable.

Then there is the self-image point, that is a great nation, a christian nation ought to avoid the display of such ugly images as that would damage our good national image or reputation. This is a gray area.

Remember, we killed these people. We have consented to their killing. We killed them with maximum cruelty because they are killers, murderers, thieves, rapist and mortal enemies. We are in a state of war with these people. War is a state of violence, destruction, and ugly. The enemy imposed these state of affairs on us.

Then there are 3 important functions for these images - informing, educating, & motivating. This is a historical fact, a piece of information. Adults must have the right to have this information. Second, these images are teaching, educating objects. Adults must use these facts to learn the consequences of engaging in war in most graphic and effective form. The Tigrean mother must fully grasp what is happening to her child in order to reach some level of human and civilized consciousness not allow her child be used as cannon fodder of some one else's war.

Finally, this images have a motivating (demotivating) function. To those who are invaded and victimized it motivates them to kill their killers and to those who so willingly rape and murder, it is a demotivating factor.

In any effect, this (ER) is very restricted medium for very mature adults who know fully what death looks like and its product dead bodies.

Cultural decency and moral sensibility are not one way street. We are also required to be authentic. If we are justified to kill, we must be authentic enough to view the image of what we have done. This my reaction only to this case - I am not trying any generalized ethical position.

Aba

Post by Aba » 07 Dec 2021, 23:29

DefendTheLie,
Stooges like you who support Mamo qillo and Issu jillo are the ones posting such disgusting pictures. You don't see the gallant supporters of rule of law and anti-genocide posting the myriads of dead of the fandiyas and fascists
DefendTheTruth wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 14:07
Elias,

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 08 Dec 2021, 13:29

Aba wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 23:29
DefendTheLie,
Stooges like you who support Mamo qillo and Issu jillo are the ones posting such disgusting pictures. You don't see the gallant supporters of rule of law and anti-genocide posting the myriads of dead of the fandiyas and fascists
Shut your filthy mouth, you have been calling for such a scene to happen and now you have it. It is not to care for characters like you that I am urging people to ban posting such images, it is purely out of respect for the dead and the conscious of the remaining righteous people of this planet.

You are not part of the equation, get lost from here!

Aba

Post by Aba » 08 Dec 2021, 15:10

DefendTheTruth wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 13:29
Aba wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 23:29
DefendTheLie,
Shut your filthy mouth, you have been calling for such a scene to happen and now you have it. It is not to care for characters like you that I am urging people to ban posting such images, it is purely out of respect for the dead and the conscious of the remaining righteous people of this planet.

You are not part of the equation, get lost from here!
Your fellow stooges who post such disgusting pics have no respect for the rights of the living let alone for the dead, fool.
Here is a beautiful song for the living Eritrean people who're suffering under your favorite savage junta of issu, the tyrannical dictator of North Korea of Africa