Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Menelik D

The ENDF should change their strategy, here is a suggestion.

Post by Menelik D » 03 Nov 2021, 01:20

The ENDF and their allied forces still has superior fire power, man power and has been unable to use these advantages efficiently. I believe its because they are not up for their current tasks and there needs to be a change in strategy

1. The ENDF
2. Regional Forces
3. Militias
4. Republican Guards and Regional Special Forces
5. Eritrea
6. Drones

1. The ENDF still has superior fire power, man power and has been unable to use these advantages efficiently. The ENDF must hold the lines, they are the ones with superior firepower and they need to make this a war of attrition. They need to maintain safe supply lines, hold the frontlines and only advance when they have reserves ready to support an orderly retreat if it fails.

2. Then the regional forces should be reformed into a TDF style army, they do not suffer the same morale issues as the ENDF and have proven to be able to go toe to toe with TDF when backed by ENDF firepower. They also know their own regions better than the ENDF, so they must be the ones manuvering and counter attacking TDF.

3. The militias should be used as gurrila fighters, filling in the gaps for their regional forces and harrassing the opposing army from all flanks. They have the least firepower, so hit and run tactics is what they can do best. It could mess with the TDFs supply chains, disrupt their operations and lower their morale. They shold absolutely not be used as frontline infantry, only the experienced ones and when it comes to holding the cities.

4. Finally, we have the Republican Guards and the Regional Special Forces. I would suggest these units only be used for special operations, they are the quickest units in the ENDF and the best. The fornt lines are too large for TDF to completely secure, they could for instance locate POWS with drones and make attempts to free them. But most importantly, capture or terminate the TDF command structure. You don't see America send Navy seals on a front line assult, nor do you see Russian Spetsnaz used in human waves and our special forces shouldn't either.

The problem is that these 4 elements do not manuver well with each other, so they must be left to do their independent work and understand that they are all contributing to winning the war. If they force the TPLF to strech out their forces, it would be difficult to start a war against Oromiya and it could deter them from attempting to take Addis Ababa.

5. But there is also the question of Eritrea, I am not in favour of their invasion and I won't support a second invasion of Tigray. But they have the full right to place their entire army on the border, they could place 200.000 troops along their entire border and just keep them there. It would force TDF to strech out even further, which would hurt them much more than an actual invasion and they would only have to hold the borderline. This would also redirect a lot of diplomatic pressure from Ethiopia to Eritrea, which won't suffer because they are already under all the sanctions you can imaigne.

6. Finally, we have the new drone capabilities and they are honestly being used in the worst way possible. From what we know, the Air Force have Wing Loong I and those are honestly very good drones.

Costs per unit: up to $1 million
Range: covers the entire HOA
Endurance: Able to loiter in the sky up to 20 hours

The Air Force should dedicate these drones to terminating the TDF artilery,armored and motorized brigades. Once TDF starts using their heavy equipment such as artillery, MLRS or tanks. The Air force should have the drones in the air already, which should then go on the hunt for these armaments and eliminate them. These drones are very accurate, tested on multiple battlefields and needs to be used right. TDF can't counter them with manpads, only the Russian S-300/400 can and they are located at the dam with the Western Command.

These are just some suggestions of mine, thought it would be fun to work with the idea and would like to hear your opinions. If you guys want, I could elaborate on some points or i could also give a suggestion to TDF?