Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
AbyssiniaLady
Member+

The occupied Afar state loses $100 million every year

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 30 Oct 2021, 19:13

While Afars are struggling to survive and provide for their children's' needs, The amount of money being taken out of Afar territorial waters is absolutely stunning.

Yemenis are literally taking food out of Afar mouths.

A source in the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Fisheries revealed that Yemeni fish export revenues amounted to $300 million in 2020.

Fiyameta

Re: The occupied Afar state loses $100 million every year

Post by Fiyameta » 30 Oct 2021, 20:16

This happened at the grocery store a couple of years ago.

As I walked through the aisles pushing a grocery cart, I approached a young woman mopping the floor and she tried to make me aware of the wet floor ahead with her broken English, "BE KARE FUL IZ WET FLOR", and I smiled and thanked her for her courtesy, but I didn't turn back without asking her first, "Where are you from, young lady?"

"Ethiyopia"

"Do you speak Tigrinya or Amharic?"

**She paused for a moment reading my face, and when she couldn't see the mark of the beast slashed on the side of my face, she realized I was an Eritrean and she replied... "I speak Amharic only."

I then asked her, "What part of Ethiopia are you from?"

Again, she paused for a little bit longer than before, and she said "Afar", with a self-satisfied smirk on her face. :mrgreen:

What language do you speak in Afar?

She answered: "Arabic."

That was when I realized she was lying thru her decaying teeth, but for the fun of it I had to ask her in Arabic anyways, "how long has it been since you had left home?"

Flashing a nervous smile in apparent sign that she doesn't know a word in Arabic, she said in English "sorry I busy, sorry sorry," but before she could say anything more her phone started ringing... and that was when I heard the most agamiest Tigrinya accent as she started screaming at the caller not to call her while she's at work. HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Re: The occupied Afar state loses $100 million every year

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 27 Nov 2021, 13:48

Afar state water continue to be illegally exploited by Yemenis.

In pics: fishing harbor in Yemen's war-torn Hodeidah

Source: Xinhua| 2021-11-24 08:30:08|Editor: huaxia

A man sells fish at a fishing harbor in Hodeidah, Yemen, Nov. 19, 2021. Years of war have done a serious blow to the fishing industry of Hodeidah, a strategic port in northern Yemen, limiting local fishing activities to only miles away from the coastline. (Photo by Mohammed Mohammed/Xinhua)

http://www.news.cn/english/2021-11/24/c_1310329068.htm