Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

A Centralized Ethiopia, TPLF and Co.'s Main Contention Point, አሀዳዊያን

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Oct 2021, 08:04

TPLF and its water carrier in Oromia maintained their contention point that the current government is a centralist one, which is bent, according to the claim, on destroying what they have achieved so far.

TPLF was in power for over 27 years in the country under the current constitution of the country and the preceding so called Charter of the TG until 1995. In all those years we didn't see any aspiration of the local population for a better autonomy got realized. Under the "አሀዳዊያን" government there are already 2 more autonomous regions, increasing the number of such regions from 9 before 3 years and under TPLF's rule to now 11 regions, already.

I am not sure about which government is a better one for the country, a centralist (አሀዳዊያን) or a federalist (current one) but somebody shouldn't feel so much entitled to insult my intelligence, telling me the government von before 3 years was more federalist than the current one. This is simply a lie.

sarcasm

Re: A Centralized Ethiopia, TPLF and Co.'s Main Contention Point, አሀዳዊያን

Post by sarcasm » 23 Oct 2021, 08:57

The contention is more about the future direction of travel than the past. Abiy has managed to get the support of Amhara elite with the promise of changing the governance system into አሀዳዊ after he secures his own government after the election.

I think, the Merrara and Daud Ibsa alliance would not hesitate to join TDF and OLA in a grand alliance of the loose federalist forces as there isn't a massive ideological difference between them. You cannot afford to ignore the ideological dimension of the Tigray War; that, it is a war between the centralized / unitary vs federalist / loose federalist / con-federalist systems. That is why I heard Habtamu of Ethio360 almost saying አቢይ ማዳን ማለት "[አሃዳዊት] ኢትዮጵያን" ማዳን ማለት ነው. So everyone is allying ideologically.

The Isaias, Abiy & Amhara Elite alliance have plunged the country into another bloody war after 30 year in order to re-install a centralized / unitary state system.

Ethiopia / Abyssinia has always been federalist arrangement. The Neguse Negest system is a federalist system where the Neguses have autonomy on their territories and pay taxes to the Neguse Negest (federal government). The Neguse Negest looks after common defense and international relations. Actually, it looks like it was HSI who ended the millennia old federalist system when he fired the Neguses but still kept the Neguse Negest title. He introduced a centralized state system into a country that has always been a federalist. Mengistu continued the madness of unitary state system which resulted in Eritrea's independence.

sarcasm wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 18:40
በብልጥግና የሚመራው የአሃዳውያን እና የአማራ አክራሪ ኃይሎች በፍፁም ጦርነቱን ሊያሸንፉ አይችሉም። መሸናነፍ ካለ አሸናፊዎቹ በነዚህ ኃይሎች የተገፉ ህዝቦች ናቸው። አሊያም ጦርነቱ በቀላሉ ላያልቅ ይችላል። በዚህም ተባለ በዚያ የፌደራሊዝምን ሥርዓት አፍርሶ ህዝቦችን በመጨፍለቅ ሀገሪቱን በአንድ ወገን ፍላጎት ሥር ለማስገባት የታለመው ህልም መክኗል። አይደለም ህዝቦችን ሊጨፈልቁ ጭረው ጭረው መጥፊያቸውን አውጥተዋል።

#ኣተርፍ_ባይ_አጉዳይ

#የመሬቱን_አነሳ_ብላ_የብብቷን_ጣለች

https://www.facebook.com/holagudo/posts ... 0512256730[/facebook]

It seems that Tewodros, who belongs to Political unitarism school of thought, thinks that the federal forces have won.