Re: Simple formula to tackle prise hikes

Post by DefendTheTruth » 22 Oct 2021, 16:34

temari wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 16:01
increase production
temari,

ትምህርቱን ጨርስክ ወይስ አሁንም ትምህርት ላይ ነህ?

አይዞህ ጫወታ ነዉ አትበሳጭ :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note, I opened your post seeing "simple formula" and expecting some innovative solution that will curb the real problem of the people on the ground.

"increase production" I could have also suggested that, as someone who is a layman. There is no formua to talk about here.

Something you didn't understand is that production can't be simply increased, just because we wanted it. To increase production you need more resources and resources are not unlimited. And there is the time constraint, we need the product today, increasing production needs to be planned and can't be realized immediately.

The other option is increasing productivity, which is also not that easy to realize over night, it takes time and more knowledge.

So, an innovative solution could have been making the commodity accessible to all at the time of their need without pushing the boundary that is next to impossible, if not for ever at least for now.

አንተም የመለስ ትምህርት ፕሊሲ ቪክትም ነህ መሰለኝ።

temari

Post by temari » 22 Oct 2021, 19:47

DefendTheTruth,
the first timhert on the subject is that we must first understand that we have a production problem.
As you can see on the video the moment production goes up the prices automatically drop.
This is economics 101.
Now the real issue is how can we increase production especially in the agriculture sector.
In my view (you may disagree) the agriculture sector is the only sector that is mostly outside of private business investment and know-how.
Mostly our agriculture is based on small farmers and government initiatives.
This makes the agriculture sector very unproductive and also not able to dynamically adjust to the market demand.
Our aim should be to help huge private capital investment channel towards the agriculture sector so that the sector will be commercialized and modernized.
This will increase production by a large margin and enable it to dynamically adjust to market demands.
Further it will be able to provide enough and constant supply for the agro-industry sector.
Without huge private commercial investment and know-how we will never ever be able to dynamically satisfy the market demand and control prise hikes.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 16:34
temari wrote:
increase production
temari,

On a more serious note, I opened your post seeing "simple formula" and expecting some innovative solution that will curb the real problem of the people on the ground.

"increase production" I could have also suggested that, as someone who is a layman. There is no formua to talk about here.

Something you didn't understand is that production can't be simply increased, just because we wanted it. To increase production you need more resources and resources are not unlimited. And there is the time constraint, we need the product today, increasing production needs to be planned and can't be realized immediately.

The other option is increasing productivity, which is also not that easy to realize over night, it takes time and more knowledge.

So, an innovative solution could have been making the commodity accessible to all at the time of their need without pushing the boundary that is next to impossible, if not for ever at least for now.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 23 Oct 2021, 08:16

I don't think that I missed that maxim, increased production means increased supply, I don't think you need to visit Economics 101 to know this fact.

The point is about your claim of "simple formula", which I couldn't find in your post.

Increasing production and mechanization (commercialization) of the farming sector is not as such a "simple formula", it need policy adjustment, perhaps including amendment to the constitution because land is governed by the constitution in Ethiopia currently.

If not impossible it will certainly takes years to implement such a policy and do the needed preparation tasks.

I am not sure if I understood about your "dynamic farming" well.

Do you mean with "dynamically adjust to the market demand" that a commercial farming will automatically/instantly produce more if there is more demand on the market? If yes, could you provide a precedence for your claim?

temari wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 19:47
DefendTheTruth,
the first timhert on the subject is that we must first understand that we have a production problem.
As you can see on the video the moment production goes up the prices automatically drop.
This is economics 101.
Now the real issue is how can we increase production especially in the agriculture sector.
In my view (you may disagree) the agriculture sector is the only sector that is mostly outside of private business investment and know-how.
Mostly our agriculture is based on small farmers and government initiatives.
This makes the agriculture sector very unproductive and also not able to dynamically adjust to the market demand.
Our aim should be to help huge private capital investment channel towards the agriculture sector so that the sector will be commercialized and modernized.
This will increase production by a large margin and enable it to dynamically adjust to market demands.
Further it will be able to provide enough and constant supply for the agro-industry sector.
Without huge private commercial investment and know-how we will never ever be able to dynamically satisfy the market demand and control prise hikes.

DefendTheTruth wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 16:34
temari wrote:
increase production
temari,