Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

“I am losing my job ostensibly for speaking the truth,” UN Whistle blower tells borkena

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 08:15

“I am losing my job ostensibly for speaking the truth,” UN Whistle blower tells borkena

https://borkena.com/2021/10/17/un-whist ... the-truth/

October 17, 2021

Anonymous writer who appeared to be UN whistle blower who leaked information about some UN officials bias in connection with the war in Northern Ethiopia, says he is losing employment.

About a week after an anonymous writer who seemed to be an insider to the United Nations Ethiopia operation leaked information regarding UN staff bias in connection with the war in northern Ethiopia, the UN fired two of its staff including IOM Head in Ethiopia, Maureen Achieng https://borkena.com/2021/10/12/maureen- ... -ethiopia/

Now the whistle blower seems to be losing his employment with the UN, based on the information he/she shared with borkena.

His letter to borkena editor reads as follows :
Dear Borkena,

I have seen your editorial on the protest of UN officials and their friends, about the article I shared. I must tell you, that I have been asked to go on forced administrative leave from my work. If you haven’t given up my name, I think Ethiopia Insight did. I had sent them the piece, but they wanted to water it down in a way that protects TPLF, saying things like
Abiy has Antonio Guterres, the same way that TPLF has Tedros Adhanom.
I later saw the interviews of the founder – Mr Davidson who in many interviews provided unbalanced opinion – and I decided to withdraw the article. Their response to my withdrawal, was not a happy one. I am sad that I am losing my job, ostensibly for speaking the truth. If the officials protesting the mention of their name protest the facts in the piece, they should have presented their version or evidence rather than go after who possibly provided the information.

Now that I am here, I also would like to share with you information related to this audio leak:https://www.facebook.com/10001267714907 ... /?sfnsn=mo

In a UN staff Town Hall meeting that took place on 8 October 2021 with the Executive Director of the ECA and the UN Resident Coordinator, there was a clear admission that the audio was authentic. Nobody refuted, the authenticity of the leak and the information contained in it. They just referred to it as,
the unfortunate leak.
The mess in the UN in Ethiopia is clear to all concerned by now and everybody knows, that it is led by Tedros Adhanom and other UN high officials. You must have seen this article written by Mark Lowcock, a close confidant of Tedros, who was the UN Humanitarian Coordinator until very recently: https://www.cgdev.org/blog/how-destroy- ... E.facebook

The political opinion and positions expressed in the piece can’t be ones he developed, after he left office. He was obviously working with the twisted and biased opinion as expressed in this essay, that he held about the situation in Ethiopia.

Unless the UN immediately gets the record straight in Ethiopia, especially by distancing itself from Tedros, things will unravel in a more image-tarnishing ways in going forward.

You may share/publish the above writing, if you like. But most importantly, I want my situation at work to be known so that my bosses may desist from arbitrarily firing me.

FEATURED
No regrets on speaking out UN’s dishonesty on Ethiopia

October 17, 2021

BY MISGANAW ASNAKE

https://www.press.et/english/?p=43597

ADDIS ABABA
I hate what UN is doing on Ethiopia, I have never seen so much dishonesty and willful disinformation of UN against Ethiopia and I hate what is going on,
said Maureen Achieng, IOM Chief of Mission to Ethiopia and Representative to AU and UNECA .

UN forced the IOM Chief to take administrative leave last week after telling and standing to the truth with regard to Ethiopia, it was learnt.
It is happening to Ethiopia today, tomorrow it will be happening to Kenya. So I am duty bound to do what is right. Stand by the truth whatever country I happen to be in especially if it is an African country,
she said.

She, therefore, said that she is not doing this to save her job. Her job, is not at stake at all.
I am doing this, because I love this country. I am a citizen of this continent. I hate what is happening to Ethiopia.
The Ethiopian Herald October 17/2021
Last edited by Zmeselo on 18 Oct 2021, 10:41, edited 3 times in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: “I am losing my job ostensibly for speaking the truth,” UN Whistle blower tells borkena

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 09:26

THE GRAND U.N. CONSPIRACY TO DESTROY ETHIOPIA BY “HUMANITARIAN AID”
http://almariam.com/2021/10/16/the-gran ... r-26-2020/

Three UN Scandals Expose The Scope Of Meddling In Ethiopia

Andrew Korybko

https://kolozeg.org/?p=211500

17/10/2021

Spread the truth, resistance and freedom!

What follows is a concise summary of each scandal, after which some strategic insight and proposals will be shared.

One of the means through which America is waging its Hybrid War on Ethiopia https://russiancouncil.ru/en/blogs/andr ... -ethiopia/ is via corrupt UN officials. Three recent scandals expose the scope of this unprecedented meddling campaign. They’re worthy of examination in order to better understand the mechanisms at play, the impact they’ve had on attempting to shape the dynamics of Ethiopia’s internal conflict, and the targeted government’s response. What follows is a concise summary of each scandal, after which some strategic insight and proposals will be shared.

1. Missing Food Aid Trucks

428 UN World Food Program (UNWFP) trucks failed to return https://www.blackagendareport.com/ethio ... aid-trucks from their aid missions into the northern Tigray Region. There are credible suspicions that the terrorist-designated Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) seized these material assets in order to use them to ferry their fighters around the war zone. Instead of drawing attention to how this theft worsens the humanitarian situation in that part of the country, the UN has instead sought to sweep it under the rug and shift the blame for the feared famine there to what they claim is the Ethiopian National Defense Forces’ (ENDF) blockade of the region. This observation lends credence to Addis Ababa’s claim that the UN isn’t just materially supporting the TPLF under the unconvincing pretext of negligence and misplaced priorities, but that it’s actually weaponizing this scandal to discredit the Ethiopian government.

2. Expelled UN Officials

Fed up with the meddling that corrupt humanitarian officials have carried out in the country with impunity up until that point, the Ethiopian government expelled https://oneworld.press/?module=articles ... ew&id=2251 seven such officials and demanded their replacement with neutral and more competent staff. Instead of complying with international law and deferring to the member states’ right to such a move, the UN aggressively pushed back by presenting itself as above the law on the basis that it only applies to fellow member states’ representatives and not the global body’s. This arrogant action was meant to misportray Ethiopia as a so-called “rogue state” in order to fan the flames of information warfare against the country aimed at advancing the increasingly obvious plot to isolate it from the international community as another form of pressure against its government.

3. Leaked Recordings Of Bias

The UN migration agency’s chief in Ethiopia Maureen Achieng was recalled https://amp.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... ar-remarks after leaked recordings surfaced of her complaining during an interview that some of her colleagues in the country are biased in support of the TPLF. This scandal confirmed what the Ethiopian government had recently been saying, namely that corrupt UN officials are meddling in the country. This is contrary to the global body’s mission, both in general and in terms of its humanitarian actions in conflict-torn regions like Tigray. It suggests that there is indeed a cabal of anti-Ethiopian technocratic elite, perched in important UN positions, who are abusing their authority and the public’s perception of their neutrality to advance an ulterior agenda. It remains unclear how far up the hierarchy this goes and exactly who else is involved, but it nevertheless exposed the UN’s meddling in Ethiopia.

The following strategic insight is derived from these three examined scandals:

1. The UN’s “Humanitarian Imperialism”

This concept refers to the exploitation of humanitarian pretexts to advance imperialist aims and is precisely what the corrupt UN officials connected to the above scandals are promoting. The difficult humanitarian situation in Tigray, caused not by the ENDF but by the TPLF’s deliberate manufacturing of this scenario for the purpose of generating more international sympathy for its cause, has been exploited by the UN to increase pressure on the Ethiopian government. It does this through the proliferation of information warfare narratives which claim that the authorities are starving their own people as part of a modern-day ethnic cleansing campaign when it’s really the TPLF that’s starving those in the region under its occupation. This false depiction of reality is then recycled into the disinformation ecosystem to push for a “humanitarian intervention”.

2. The “Rogue State” Canard

One of the purposes of the UN’s “humanitarian imperialism” is to misportay targeted governments as so-called “rogue states” that are supposedly violating the global body’s charter at the expense of their citizen’s human rights. Ethiopia is doing nothing of the sort and is actually strictly abiding by international law in all of its actions, both domestic in terms of its anti-terrorist conflict with the TPLF as well as international when it comes to responding to corrupt UN officials’ meddling campaigns, but those same officials have tried to paint a completely different picture through information warfare. Falsely presenting Ethiopia as a “rogue state” is a means to the end of concocting the case for a more aggressive pressure campaign that could include more direct meddling, sanctions, and even military threats.

3. “Conspiracies” Are Real

The word “conspiracy” is often mocked, but that doesn’t mean that conspiracies aren’t real. Prior to the three examined scandals happening, many might have scoffed at claims that corrupt UN officials would so brazenly meddle in a member state on humanitarian pretexts, yet that’s exactly what they’ve done in Ethiopia as has already been proven. No honest person can deny that the UN discredited itself by what it did, yet there are still those who desperately cling to describing these facts as so-called “conspiracy theories” in the last-ditch hope that they can manipulate perceptions in their support. This observation speaks to their dishonesty, as well as the condescending confidence that they have in their audience’s ignorance. They truly seem to believe that repeating a lie enough times can mislead others, into assuming that there’s some truth to it.

With all this in mind, here are three proposals for what should be done:

1. Continue Exposing The UN’s Meddling

Ethiopia has such extensive first-hand experience with UN meddling that it must continue exposing all of its machinations, for the purpose of informing the world. Under no circumstances must it take a step back no matter how much it’s pressured after having already crossed the Rubicon by expelling those seven corrupt officials. Ethiopia isn’t against the UN; to the contrary, it’s firmly in support of the UN as it’s conceptualized by the global body’s charter. What the country opposes, is the hijacking of this noble organization by an ulterior-minded cabal of influential figures driven by ideological and strategic interests to abuse their authority in unprecedented ways. By educating the world about what’s happening, Ethiopia can promote an international investigation into this literal conspiracy in order to free the UN from the clutches of those who’ve captured it.

2. Work Closely With Russia & China

Ethiopia cannot educate the world on its own because of its limited influence and resources, which is why it must work closely with Russia and China to this end. Those countries are sympathetic to its struggle and can therefore cooperate with it, in order to raise maximum awareness of the UN’s meddling campaign there. Their media and think tanks are globally renowned and reach an audience much greater, than Ethiopia’s ever can. As the country’s close partners, they should work hand in hand with it in order to amplify Addis Ababa’s accusations against the UN, defend Ethiopia from the vicious information warfare campaign that’s presently being waged against it, and put pressure on the global body to investigate these scandals and reform. This is the only realistic way to hold those meddlers to account.

3. Bring Accountability To The UN

Finally, the ultimate purpose of the prior two proposals is bring accountability to the UN’s corrupt officials, which can be achieved by Ethiopia’s UNSC partners Russia and China officially calling for an investigation. Even though their three Western counterparts will probably sabotage any attempt to initiate this, they, Ethiopia, and those other countries that are rightly concerned about what was just exposed could work together on their own to compile detailed reports about everything. Their findings could be presented at the UN General Assembly (UNGA) and disseminated widely through the participating countries’ activists (including social media ones), media, and think tanks. The whole point is to effect meaningful change in one way or another, in the hope of ensuring that no such abuses ever happen against any other country again.

———-

Corrupt UN officials, have been weaponized as American Hybrid War proxies against Ethiopia. Their dereliction of duty is dangerous, because of the destabilizing impact that they’ve had in attempting to shape the course of events in that country’s conflict. Ethiopia is doing a service to the international community by exposing this campaign, with the expectation that the global body can eventually be freed from those forces that have hijacked it. Russia and China share Ethiopia’s noble goal and can thus play leading roles in helping it.
Last edited by Zmeselo on 18 Oct 2021, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: “I am losing my job ostensibly for speaking the truth,” UN Whistle blower tells borkena

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 10:32

The demons' last supper? - Photo by Getachew Reda (@reda_getachew)

True colors of Alula, & the terror junta. 👇

Bragging In Amharic 💪💪💪
Pleading In English 😭😭😭

በአማርኛ ጉራ: በእንግሊዘኛ ለቅሶ!

Liar- liar, pants on fire!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Za-Ilmaknun

Post by Za-Ilmaknun » 18 Oct 2021, 13:58

Ethiopia could be that tiny hole in the sand and clay dike called the UN. The coverups, misinformation and hand-twisting by the "world body" will definitely come to light one way or another. All those who care about world peace and the truth should leak any info the UN is fabricating and disseminating. Lots of countries have been dismantled by the covert operation of this agency.

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 16:40

Fake news, allover!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 16:58

The U.S. Wants To Turn Ethiopia Into Bosnia

Andrew Korybko

https://russiancouncil.ru/en/blogs/andr ... to-bosnia/ :?

October 18, 2021

It was earlier feared that the American hybrid war on Ethiopia https://russiancouncil.ru/en/blogs/andr ... -ethiopia/ aims to turn the country into Yugoslavia, which implies its full dissolution along regional lines. Arminka Helić, member of the British House of Lords and served as special adviser to Foreign Secretary William Hague from 2010 to 2014, deceitfully claimed that Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed risked advancing this scenario through the Ethiopian National Defense Forces’ (ENDF) ongoing anti-terrorist operation in the northern Tigray Region in an article that she published at Politico in August titled “In Ethiopia, Echoes Of Yugoslavia”. https://www.politico.eu/article/ethiopi ... biy-ahmed/

In reality, it is those U.S.-backed foreign forces, including corrupt UN officials, that are meddling in the Horn of Africa country who are the ones pushing this outcome. PM Abiy is, in fact, counteracting their efforts to advance the Yugoslav scenario in Ethiopia.

Source: Office of the Prime Minister - Ethiopia

Her article was rebutted by Ethiopia’s Ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg, and EU institutions Hirut Zemene a few days later at the same outlet in a response titled “Ethiopia Is Not Yugoslavia”. https://www.politico.eu/article/ethiopi ... ugoslavia/

She convincingly debunked Helić’s false comparison, chastising her for “calling for unwarranted action” on that basis. Politico is back at it again—however, this time publishing a similarly provocative piece titled “Ethiopia Is Plunging into Chaos. It’s Time for A New Dayton Peace Process”. https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/ ... ess-516117

This article is authored by Alex Rondos and Mark Medish. The former is described as having served until July 2021 as EU Special Representative to the Horn of Africa, while the latter served on the Dayton Peace implementation team and at the U.S. Treasury and National Security Council in the Clinton Administration. Their article reveals the intended end game for Ethiopia and deserves to be analyzed.

The U.S. no longer believes that it can formally partition Ethiopia through a hybrid war, after its TPLF proxies failed to inspire other terrorist groups elsewhere across the country to support their anti-state campaign in other regions. The grand strategy objective has thus been comparatively scaled back to the de facto partition of the country, through its “Bosnification”. Judging by what the Dayton Peace Process resulted in for that Balkan state, it implies a radical constitutional reform intended to grant large degrees of independence to the warring regions. In the Ethiopian context, this would likely be weaponized by pressuring Addis Ababa to devolve such powers not just to the Tigray Region but to every other one as well. The Dayton Peace Process also led to a foreign military intervention, under the guise of peacekeepers and a formal UN control of the country.

Suffice it to say, the impact of this scenario on Ethiopia would be completely destabilizing and dysfunctional. It would basically divide-and-rule the country by carving out identity-centric statelets across its diverse ethno-regional checkerboard that could potentially expand to become almost countless in number, depending on how radically this process is imposed. There would almost certainly be a regime change, too, since there is no way that PM Abiy would surrender control of Ethiopia to any foreign power or entity, let alone one that has already been proven as corrupt and hostile to his country as the U.S. presently is. Furthermore, the ENDF and the patriotic population that they represent would never accept an invasion under the cover of a peacekeeping mission. Ethiopia would essentially cease to exist in any meaningful sense, if this happened.

There is even more at risk than just the de facto erasure of Ethiopia from the map, under that dark scenario. If one of the proudest, historically independent and most powerful countries in Africa failed to stop this “regime reboot” scheme (which is what externally provoked radical constitutional reform in the direction of “Bosnification” can be referred to in the context of Hybrid War theory), then there is no doubt that it will be replicated elsewhere across the continent through a similar hybrid war means, against other rising powers like Nigeria to usher in another so-called “Scramble for Africa”. The U.S. and its allies would strategically benefit from this outcome since it would enable them to more effectively divide and rule Africa in a way that could reduce the influence of Russia, China, and other multipolar countries there across the ongoing New Cold War.

In other words, Ethiopia isn't just defending its own sovereignty by pushing back against America's Hybrid War, but also all of Africa's. The US feels threatened not only by PM Abiy's pragmatic attempts to balance between it, China, Russia, Turkey, and others in the New Cold War, but increasingly by the possibility that his government could revive the Pan-African movement in modern-day geopolitical conditions building upon Ethiopia's historical leadership of it in the past. Since the Yugoslav scenario is no longer seriously pursued due to the ENDF's success in containing the TPLF's terrorist threats, the Bosnian one is now being advanced as “Plan B”. The US hopes to leverage the latest intensification of its Hybrid War on Ethiopia towards that end, but so long as the targeted country is aware of what's being advanced, then this latest scheme also stands to fail too.

Andrew Korybko
American Moscow-based political analyst specializing in the relationship between the US strategy in Afro-Eurasia, China's One Belt One Road global vision of New Silk Road connectivity, and Hybrid Warfare

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Post by Zmeselo » 18 Oct 2021, 17:16

ኣብ ልዕሊ ኢትዮጵያ ማዕቀብ ንምንባር ንሓደ መዓልቲ ዝተጋብአ ዋዕላ ሚኒስተራት ወጻኢ ጎዳያት ሃገራት ኤሮጳ ብዘይ ስምምዕ ተዓጽዩ። ብመሰረት ኣብ ኢትዮጵያ እገዳ ክግበር ዝሓተቱ ሃገራት ወላ እኳ እንተተኣከቡ ብዘይስምምዕ ተበቲኑ። (Meeting on Ethiopia with EU foreign ministers on imposing sanctions, adjourned with no results & with disagreement.)

Check out the leaders of a close-knit misinformation and disinformation campaign in Tigray: @PowerUSAID, @DrTedros, @martinplaut, @nimaelbagir. The algorithm doesn’t LIE.
Kokob: @NeslekiEritrea

Why is it so difficult to get aid into Ethiopia's Tigray region?

Aba

Post by Aba » 18 Oct 2021, 17:52

Bozzo,
Breaking News: Mamo qillo asks for mercy from the int'l community