Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Horus
Senior Member+

Integral Horn of Africa

Post by Horus » 16 Oct 2021, 14:32

What is driving US/EU pressure and intervention on Ethiopia is precisely the integration of the Horn of Africa, Ethiopia,Eritrea and Somalia, the guardians of the Red sea and the Indian ocean . This is the essence of all things political in the region, not Tigray. The object of struggle by global powers is the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean.

justo

Re: Integral Horn of Africa

Post by justo » 16 Oct 2021, 15:10

Horus, I don't think Eritreans see eye-to-eye on this with Isaias.

One sees these kind of ideas only in the least developed countries, in the Arab world and Africa. You never hear about regional integration in the developed world, neither in Europe nor in Far East Asia, North America or South America. I never hear about confederation between Canada and the US, Norway and Germany or Korea and china. It is only Libya and Syria, Libya and Chad, Egypt and Jordan, Egypt and Syria, Egypt and Yemen, Ethiopia and Eritrea, Kenya and Tanzania and Uganda, etc., etc. that try these silly things. Nasser and Gaddafi used to have various forms of United Arab Republics that would last few months or at most few years, before they quarrel and go their ways again. The same in East and West Africa.

Eritrea, Norway, Costa Rica, Singapore are small countries, and for small countries sovereignty is a much more important issue than integration.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 16 Oct 2021, 15:38

I don't know the length of Eritrean coast on the Red sea. Somalia has 1000 mile coast on Indian ocean. These are huge sources of power and influence. We are not here talking about the technical content integration; the point is that Darwinism is not really driven by competition. All successful species cooperated and this is why now the very theory of evolution is being revised. The success of Eritrea or Somalia depends on their ability to collaborate with a larger population such as Ethiopia in order to acquire the a critical mass of gravitas in the ever intensifying game of geography and resources. The kind of collaboration, cooperation, integration, .... is immaterial. So, I don't know what the Eritrean public thinks about integration or other scheme. One thing we all know that there fierce struggle among all sorts of powers to control the geopolitics of Red sea and Indian ocean and the Horn countries are devising ways to nurture their power to keep what is theirs. That I call a Horn integration. Call it by any name.
Last edited by Horus on 16 Oct 2021, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 16 Oct 2021, 15:43

Integration is non existent Isaias closed the Assab-Humera Ethio-Eri corridors Isaias’es only purpose in Ethiopia is to revenge and attack the TPLF dream of Abay Tigray

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 16 Oct 2021, 16:27

Horus wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 15:38
I don't the length of Eritrean coast on the Red sea. Somalia has 1000 mile coast on Indian ocean. These are huge sources of power and influence. We are not here talking about the technical content integration; the point is that Darwinism is not really driven by competition. All successful species cooperated and this is why now the very theory of evolution is being revised. The success of Eritrea or Somalia depends on their ability to collaborate with a larger population such as Ethiopia in order to acquire the a critical mass of gravitas in the ever intensifying game of geography and resources. The kind of collaboration, cooperation, integration, .... is immaterial. So, I don't know what the Eritrean public thinks about integration or other scheme. One thing we all know that there fierce struggle among all sorts of powers to control the geopolitics of Red sea and Indian ocean and the Horn countries are devising ways to nurture their power to keep what is theirs. That I call a Horn integration. Call it by any name.

Somalia has 1000 mile coast on Indian ocean.
The total length of the coastline of Somalia, which is the largest in mainland Africa, is approximately 2071.03 miles of which 1387.5219 miles face southeast to the Indian Ocean and 683.5083 miles face north to the Gulf of Aden.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 16 Oct 2021, 16:52

Somaliman wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 16:27
Horus wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 15:38
I don't the length of Eritrean coast on the Red sea. Somalia has 1000 mile coast on Indian ocean. These are huge sources of power and influence. We are not here talking about the technical content integration; the point is that Darwinism is not really driven by competition. All successful species cooperated and this is why now the very theory of evolution is being revised. The success of Eritrea or Somalia depends on their ability to collaborate with a larger population such as Ethiopia in order to acquire the a critical mass of gravitas in the ever intensifying game of geography and resources. The kind of collaboration, cooperation, integration, .... is immaterial. So, I don't know what the Eritrean public thinks about integration or other scheme. One thing we all know that there fierce struggle among all sorts of powers to control the geopolitics of Red sea and Indian ocean and the Horn countries are devising ways to nurture their power to keep what is theirs. That I call a Horn integration. Call it by any name.

Somalia has 1000 mile coast on Indian ocean.
The total length of the coastline of Somalia, which is the largest in mainland Africa, is approximately 2071.03 miles of which 1387.5219 miles face southeast to the Indian Ocean and 683.5083 miles face north to the Gulf of Aden.
Thanks for correction and perfectly makes my point clearer. My view is even South Sudan and Sudan need to join this alliance. We are living a totally different time. People needs to wake up and be creative and see new lights!

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 16 Oct 2021, 16:53

Horus from the Guragie tribes, Fed Up is with you from the donkey tribes. :evil: :lol: Adgi Tigrigna albo, Fed Up says, aye aye sir :lol:
Horus wrote,
What is driving US/EU pressure and intervention on Ethiopia is precisely the integration of the Horn of Africa, Ethiopia,Eritrea and Somalia, the guardians of the Red sea and the Indian ocean
Horsee, don't count on Somalia. Formajo is just going to end up as Formajo. Somalis are indomitable. You don't want the Alshebab dude doing the same thing over and over in your little kiosk, interrupting your chat ceremony. Taking headless photos for keep sakes :lol: :lol:

BigBreak

Post by BigBreak » 16 Oct 2021, 16:58

The five countries of the Horn (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somaliland, Djibouti and Somalia) should come together and be politically as well as economically integrated with one another by way of a confederation. The Horn unified as a single confederation should have a shared currency, single internal market, single customs territory, single passport and one common government. We should even have one navy whilst each country has its own army and air force.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 16 Oct 2021, 18:00

BigBreak wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 16:58
The five countries of the Horn (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somaliland, Djibouti and Somalia) should come together and be politically as well as economically integrated with one another by way of a confederation. The Horn unified as a single confederation should have a shared currency, single internal market, single customs territory, single passport and one common government. We should even have one navy whilst each country has its own army and air force.

Your poor idiot, who's parroting Somaliland,

Do you at least know why your tribal enclave is not recognized as a state?

As you don't seem to have the intellectual calibre that it takes to guess this, let me tell you why:

Simply, because there just isn’t a country that stands to gain anything from recognizing Somaliland.
In other words, simply because no country has any interest in recognizing it.

Hope this helps!

BigBreak

Post by BigBreak » 16 Oct 2021, 18:23

Somaliman wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 18:00
BigBreak wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 16:58

Your poor idiot, who's parroting Somaliland,

Do you at least know why your tribal enclave is not recognized as a state?

As you don't seem to have the intellectual calibre that it takes to guess this, let me tell you why:

Simply, because there just isn’t a country that stands to gain anything from recognizing Somaliland.
In other words, simply because no country has any interest in recognizing it.

Hope this helps!
You dumb Darod rat, you don't understand the reality that you're failed state Zoomalia doesn't exist and that SL will forever remain a separate country. We prefer to join Ethiopia then you savage terrorists

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 16 Oct 2021, 18:25

Big Break,

You are very very wrong. Why should tiny Djibouti surrender its sovereignty to humongous Ethiopia ? Ethiopia has 110 million population. You think Ethiopians would treat Djibouti as an equal ? I am beginning to think that your are Ethiopian. Third world countries tend to disrespect countries that are smaller than they are. That is inviting an abusive boyfriend to be the husband. Let the Gorillas learn to run their house hold first. Why is Denmark independent of Norway and Sweden. There is a very good reason behind it. How about Canada and USA. These countries are candidates for that. The nig---gars are still in the jungle. Look how Ethios are treating their very own country men, namely the Tigrayans, How about the Ruwanda saga ?

BigBreak

Post by BigBreak » 16 Oct 2021, 18:34

Blueshift

I get where you are coming from but Ethiopia will have to treat all other countries in the region including tiny Djibouti as an equal if political integration is to commence. Our Horn needs to come together to weather pressures from outside forces. Absolutely Ethiopia needs to get its domestic situation in order

PS I'm not Ethiopian but a Somalilander. Ethiopia nevertheless is like my second country and a strong, unified Ethiopia and an independent, prospering Somaliland need each other conceptually speaking

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 16 Oct 2021, 18:46

Bigbreak,

You have strong affinity to Ethiopia. Good for you. Once, you integrate, it is too late. Check the history of North and South Yemen. Within even small countries, like Eritrea for instance, there is a lot of division. But, it is subdued. You don't hear of it. Eritreans would not admit it. But there is. Forget about Ethiopia. That is a country about to explode, and you want to join them? Think about evolution. These countries need to evolve before you think ridiculous shyyt like that. Leave that to the likes of old Guragie Horus. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 16 Oct 2021, 18:46

Somaliman, you are really mentally challenged person, that idiot "BigBreak " is not Somali, learn how to figure things out.

BigBreak

Post by BigBreak » 16 Oct 2021, 18:50

I am an ethnic Somali but Zoomalia isn't my country

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 16 Oct 2021, 18:58

BigBreak wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 18:50
Nappy headed animal, speak with me in Somali, I speak and write Somali fluently.

Somaliman

Post by Somaliman » 16 Oct 2021, 19:19

AbyssiniaLady wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 18:58
BigBreak wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 18:50
Nappy headed animal, speak with me in Somali, I speak and write Somali fluently.

Since when speaking Somali makes someone Somali! You're not Somali, yet you claim to speak Somali fluently!

BigBreak

Post by BigBreak » 16 Oct 2021, 19:30

Waad waalantahay A Lady

AbyssiniaLady
Member+

Post by AbyssiniaLady » 16 Oct 2021, 19:41

Somaliman, you are really mentally challenged, so please keep quiet, Nappy headed animal, "Waad waalantahay " is not proper Somali, it's a google translate, Now write in northern Somali dialect or standard Somali language "what do you want me to say".

eritrea

Post by eritrea » 16 Oct 2021, 19:58

Horus wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 14:32
What is driving US/EU pressure and intervention on Ethiopia is precisely the integration of the Horn of Africa, Ethiopia,Eritrea and Somalia, the guardians of the Red sea and the Indian ocean . This is the essence of all things political in the region, not Tigray. The object of struggle by global powers is the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean.

I fully agree with you, regarding your assessment of the reason why the US / EU is pressuring the current Ethiopian government, despite it meets all the institutional requirements it needed to be called a democratically elected government.

A creation of a political institution that works to safeguard citizens' rights and and the respect of their territorial integrity, is the most hated element in their mind. To negate this, they send different NGOs under different veils, in order, to be easily receptive to their victims. And because of that, and the involvement of billions of dollars in the process, often results in many falling victims to this easy-to-earn dirty money at a cost of pride and self-respect.

Since, we have been going through such a cycle for quite some time, we have to wait with political integration that requires deeper trust and work instead with economic and free movement of people and products between countries. Only that will act as a catalyst to accelerate more cooperation and development in different parts of life over time.