Post by Noble Amhara » 11 Oct 2021, 05:08

Edencator weygud

Educator

Re: Abiy is a genius. I have to admit

Post by Educator » 11 Oct 2021, 09:51

Abere

Re: Abiy is a genius. I have to admit

Post by Abere » 11 Oct 2021, 10:15

Would not it be better to first list the name of developed countries and the type of their government systems. Some may have president, others Prime Minster, or King/Queen. Thus, the structure of their government in executing public service branch and their naming varies; and in fact the number of them too.

--- The Ethiopian TPLF created government system is a bit anomalous at least to me. It was designed for Melese Zenawi to monopolize power not for the country to widely elect their president. For more than 25 years, Ethiopians were ruled by a thug simply elected for the village of Adowa, not by Ethiopians. And this same thug appoints minsters just like Emperor Haile or Mengistu appoint directly. As such there is no qualitative difference in terms of the process.

--- Due to the difference in the political structure, say for instance, the U.S. and the current Ethiopian TPLF political structure, the comparison of branches creates a misnomer/misunderstanding. Because it looks we are comparing a presidential system with a Prime Minster system. Abiy Ahmed probably picked up in his example the United States. In the United states in stead of Ministry of Education there is Department of Education and in stead of Ministry of Health there is Department of Health and Human service; etc. But there may be qualitative deference in terms of their mandates. It may as well be look into which one is comprehensive in meaning, department or Ministry, or are they same exact thing or different. Do research first before rushing to criticize.