Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus won Nobel Peace Prize 2021

Post by DefendTheTruth » 08 Oct 2021, 05:58

Dr. ቴድሮስ ስያምርህ ይቅር ተበለ።

Announcement:

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2021 to Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov for their efforts to safeguard freedom of expression, which is a precondition for democracy and lasting peace. Ms Ressa and Mr Muratov are receiving the Peace Prize for their courageous fight for freedom of expression in the Philippines and Russia. At the same time, they are representatives of all journalists who stand up for this ideal in a world in which democracy and freedom of the press face increasingly adverse conditions.

I was supporting this man before I came to realize that he was using the platform of the office he is its head as tool for his propaganda against the country in which name he is there, disregarding the ethics of the office itself. That didn't end his downward spiral but also went further and shared a picture of child soldier of a Tigrean saying "Pride". That is also when I said that this man shouldn't be there any time more.

I heard his office was nominated for this year's Nobel Peace Prize and the Nobel Committee decided, rightly so, not to associate the privilege of the title with an office that such a person is leading. Good job!

Zmeselo
Senior Member+

Re: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus won Nobel Peace Prize 2021

Post by Zmeselo » 08 Oct 2021, 07:27

kibramlak

Post by kibramlak » 08 Oct 2021, 07:58

Wow amazing. Thanks for sharing this

Fiyameta

Post by Fiyameta » 09 Oct 2021, 09:05