Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

UN vs Abiy! I Don't Wannabe The Referee!!!

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Oct 2021, 02:42

The recent development showed that Abiy administration has ordered 7 UN officials to leave the country in 72 hours. UN has responded with 'not so fast!' Here are some of my take on the verbal tug of war between these two.

No this(expulsion) is just uncalled for. Now expect one back breaking sanction after another. This is not right. What was their crime? Is that because of what Guterres recently said? This expulsion is gonna make the chief's allegations look were true. It also shows that PM Abiy's administration slowly and surely that it is giving up on its diplomatic effort. This is going to prove that it is miserably falling short in the diplomatic affairs. It attests that its diplomatic corps is staffed with inept individuals unqualified for the job. They were given the job just because someone at higher position had strong connection with them. It makes me wish if those diplomatic during the late emperor's are still around. For good or bad those diplomatic did their job effectively and thoroughly. This expulsion makes me and the rest of the world think that the government there has something egregious to hide. I tell you what. Debre and his operatives just won a huge jackpot from this dismissal.

How come the rest of the world was not told what crimes those officials committed and the UN officials were told about it? What did they do to cause the ire of the government there? 'We have told them' ain't enough. If the trucks that did not come back were the reason, it is too late. Some of them may come back but most of them will keep busy running the 'affairs' of Debre and his cabals. How about this for reason by Debre? 'Well, we need them to transport the food aid to various distribution points in the region and we need fuel to get them going. Now the planting season is over with most of the farms not tended during the rainy season because of the war more food aid is and will be desperately needed. These trucks should stay with us and must be replaced with another 600 new truck in Djibouti'. Yada yada yada!!! Debre and his commies have got Abiy where they want him! They have him by the, you know what, on this one!!! This cycle will go on and on until the Abiy government takes its last breath. At the end of the day, no matter how the macho men want to duke it out, not a single citizen in Tigray or Amhara region should die from a man made famine. Not one!!! If that happens I will be holding both Abiy and Debre responsible for it. It will be nothing but the most egregious abuses of human rights!!!

The other issue PM Abiy should bring to a conclusion is the fate of the prisoners it has been holding for more than two years now particularly Jawar, Eskinder, Bekele Gerba and others like these three. Their case should not drag on forever. Either send them to prison or let them go free. From what I heard what they did or were trying to do was wrong and tantamount to criminal but their case should not be milked until the udders go dry. The incoming new administration should decide about it and move on.

I tell you what! Debre and his cabals have somewhat succeeded in leading Abiy and his administration into a conundrum they have no clue how to proceed in search of a lasting solution. Look at it this way. Debre and his predecessor TPLF warlords had the region of Tigray as their own for more than 45 years of which 30 years were peaceful except for a brief interruption of 2 years during their fracas with Eritrea. They have had the whole region as their own fiefdom all along and uncontested. They were also in charge of the federal coffers for almost 30 years. During those years individuals among them have enriched themselves beyond belief but their fiefdom was only buffed up to make it look it was developed. They told us Mekele University was also known as MIT that it was so advanced it put Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT) to shame! A developed region won't fall apart and send its citizens to starvation that easily. They tell us now that their region was so developed until Abiy sent troops there and destroy everything in sight. Eritreans also joined Abiy in thrashing 'tens of thousands of factories'. Folks, it was all a facade just like those Old West make-believe streets at Universal Studios in Hollywood. It makes you think that those upright people of Tigray were already starving well before this conflict began. It was just kept under wraps by heavy handed Sebhat Nega and his protégés. Now the innocent citizens there who were already starving before the conflict began have started dying from famine. Abiy should have known about the inevitable famine. Dying from lack of food is the most agonizing death a human being can face. Not one Tigre or Amhara should die from starvation. Not one!!! I will be holding both Abiy and Debre responsible for every citizen dying from starvation.

Now Debre and his goons will use this famine card from the bottom of the deck until their fiefdom is awash with 18-wheelers and foodstuff as high as the tallest building on earth and no one should stop the flow of food aid and other life saving and sustaining supplies into that region. The federal government, I believe, has the ability and resources to stop Debre and his cabals from proliferating their evil ways into other regions. Abiy and his cabals should rather try to get rid of those bigots who have been slaughtering innocent and bread seeking unarmed citizens in his own backyard, my own Oromia. He has lost the battle both on the war and diplomatic fronts in Tigray. Let Debre and his entourage live like hermits stuck in their region. He better watch his tail right there just a stone throw away from his comfy palace.

I also think that this young and visionary PM should pass the baton after the formation of the next government is announced. Let those fire spitting patriots from Afar, Somali, Gambela, Sidama and Beni have their golden opportunity to lead the country. Not from Oromia, Amhara or Tigray ever again! These three will have a lot of baggage they will bring with them all the way to the palace that will be too distracting for them to do their job due diligence. This is just my two cents worth of an opinion. Hey bigots!!! I you don't like it go and jump in a lake and don't come up! That would be good riddance!!!

Noble Amhara

Re: UN vs Abiy! I Don't Wannabe The Referee!!!

Post by Noble Amhara » 04 Oct 2021, 03:05

Do you know ENDF General Adem Mehemed was given a job of being Ambassador of Ethiopia? Anyone with good relations and political history can easily overnight become an ambassador. The ambassador of HIS were chosen not by race or by history rather by their talents and were given great education to improve their diplomatic skills. Since the massacre of the 60 Ethiopian geniuses during the overthrowing of HIS. Ethiopia has become fragile and weak in diplomacy. Those who are given title of ambassador are only due to their loyalty to their party leader.

Aba

Post by Aba » 04 Oct 2021, 03:31

What do you expect from Mamo qillo and Issu jillo? Diplomacy?
"Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Jeremiah 13:23
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Oct 2021, 03:34

Noble Amhara wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 03:05
Do you know ENDF General Adem Mehemed was given a job of being Ambassador of Ethiopia? Anyone with good relations and political history can easily overnight become an ambassador. The ambassador of HIS were chosen not by race or by history rather by their talents and were given great education to improve their diplomatic skills. Since the massacre of the 60 Ethiopian geniuses during the overthrowing of HIS. Ethiopia has become fragile and weak in diplomacy. Those who are given title of ambassador are only due to their loyalty to their party leader.
I concur with your comment. From my early boyhood to adulthood I had lived out of the country first in the former Aden British Protectorate and then other parts of the Middle East for my education. I used to hear a lot about Emperor Haile's diplomatic prowess and the qualifications of his diplomatic corps from the foreign press and my British teachers. He might have had his own weaknesses but I never heard of him killing close to 500,000 the nation's future generation. That had to wait for the bloodthirsty Mengistu.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 04 Oct 2021, 16:31

ittuabafarda,

in my view the narrative of Abiy this and Abiy that is an apparent attempt to deny our country a visionary leader. If UN has got an issue against Ethiopia, then it has its issue not with an individual but with the country, Abiy Ahmed just symbolizes the power that will sustain a viable nation.

Abiy can go tomorrow but the idea he stood for may not be removed as easily as an individual for the aspiration of others to take root.

Just few examples of such a narrative in the internet below.
As the 45-year-old prepares for a new term following his Prosperity Party's landslide election win in June, his image as a modern peacemaker lies in tatters and the surge of hope that accompanied his initial appointment three years ago has faded, at least for his critics.
This is a true statement to some extent in my view, but let's ask what is the proportion of those who are his critics in comparison to the intial phase of his leadership? Is it rising or declining?
"It's hard to imagine a greater fall from grace than Abiy Ahmed's. From the celebrated heights of a Nobel Peace Prize to a pariah in just two years," said Cameron Hudson, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council's Africa Center.
Do these people of so called "Atlantic Council realize that the people of Ethiopia elected the man to office in their droves and endorsed his policy with that?

If the concerned people are endorsing his policy, then how is it that "fall from grace" unprecedented in their view? Nothing is more a disgrace than such blatant pile of lies.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... time-ruler

Please also read the following article and just count how many times the writer mentions the name Abiy in his/her labouring to discredit the PM of Ethiopia, the choice of the people for now.
Abiy’s Thursday announcement, which gave the officials just 72 hours to leave the country, is a rare departure from international norms. While it’s not completely unprecedented for a nation to kick UN officials out, it is unusual — and according to the New York Times, Abiy’s decision would be among the largest such expulsions of UN officials in history, outpacing Syria’s removal of three UN officials in 2015.
Fact denying in public is the lowest level of human disgrace and for me this has nothing to do with caring for Tigray or hating Abiy.
That initial skirmish, as Vox’s Jen Kirby explained in April, was widely seen as a pretext for the national government to invade the Tigray region.
https://www.vox.com/2021/10/2/22705570/ ... -civil-war

There is already a drum of invading Ethiopia being beaten. Ethiopians should and will fight back resolutely and preserve their proud history in the event of such eventuality. I have nothing against caring for Tigray civilians but all the indications are that there is no relation between the two, that is why many Africans are also saying "don't touch the mother of African freedom".
Nächstes Invasionsziel Äthiopien? – USA warnen vor "entschlossener Reaktion"
https://de.rt.com/afrika/125117-konflik ... liert-usa/

So, in my view, trying to make the whole history apear as if between an individual and another entity is completely ignoring the issue at stake here.

We need to be attentive here!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Oct 2021, 18:27

I say this on the occasion of PM Abiy being re-elected to lead the country, the country we still hold very dear to our hearts.
Congratulations Sir! Ok the party is over now and let’s go back to work. Find an amicable solution to the current crisis in Tigray peacefully. I will continue to pray for you Allah's Blessed guidance and wisdom to lead the country that produced Bilal ibn Rabah and Mary Magdalene who went on to save both major religions of the country and the world to lasting peace and stability. At the end of the day two brothers have been senselessly killing each other. That has to stop. Our upright brothers and sisters in Tigray region are reportedly dying from lack of food. That has to stop and stop immediately. Not a single Ethiopian anywhere in that country should die from starvation in this day and age. And watch out for bigots lurking right there in the backyard. They have been working overtime to start bloody conflict with our upright Amhara neighbors and they are being encouraged by their bigot friends camping out at college campuses and missionary canteens here among us in the Diaspora. They have a slogan for you with #AbiyMustGo and ‘Down down Abiy’ which to me it is a coded message that you must be physically eliminated. May The Almighty Our Creator Protect You and Your Family. Insha’Allah!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Oct 2021, 19:05

There is already a drum of invading Ethiopia being beaten. Ethiopians should and will fight back resolutely and preserve their proud history in the event of such eventuality. I have nothing against caring for Tigray civilians but all the indications are that there is no relation between the two, that is why many Africans are also saying "don't touch the mother of African freedom".
Nächstes Invasionsziel Äthiopien? – USA warnen vor "entschlossener Reaktion"
https://de.rt.com/afrika/125117-konflik ... liert-usa/

So, in my view, trying to make the whole history apear as if between an individual and another entity is completely ignoring the issue at stake here.

We need to be attentive here!
[/quote]

I concur with your comment. We are living in an extremely corrupt world where 'get rich quick' has been a driving motive for those in positions of power and influence. It seems to me that all that 30 billions plus in US dollars looted from that country's coffers since 1991 is being put to good use. That is why, at least the way I honestly suspect, we see unknown and known reporters working over time to report one-sided on the current conflict in the old country.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Oct 2021, 18:07

Listen every one! I am Not leaving! I'm telling you I'm Not leaving!
Ok, Ittu! First time you were telling us you were not eating then you were not going. What is it now that you are not leaving from?
Yes I told you I was not eating then and I did not eat anything for 42 days straight.
Wait a minute Ittu. You told us last time you did not eat for 35 days and it is 42 days? How is that?
Well I was using a lunar calendar system designed by the Amhara Winnie the Pooh. I am now using a scientific calendar designed by homeboys in Minnesota.
Wow! People in Minnesota are now designing scientific calendars?
Not everyone in that state. Only my homeboys are capable of doing that. So for 42 scientific days I did not eat or drink. Now I am not leaving.
From where Ittu?
Not only me but also 6 other friends are not also leaving from Ethiopia. We cannot be expelled.
Aha! We got it now. But the host country, Ethiopia wants you to leave the country.
No it cannot do that. Ethiopia has no right to expel us.
Why not? It is a sovereign nation recognized as such by the UN itself. Can you do that to the USA?
No USA is a different arrangement.
How about in Europe?
No Europe is a different clause.
How about Asia, Oceania and Latin America?
Those are in a different arrangement also.
How about in Africa?
Yes it applies there since 99% of them are not the founding members
Ittu, that would be a re-introduction of colonialism.
No it is called super vision. Remember I said 'super vision' not supervision. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
So Africans need super vision but not Europeans or Asians?
Yes and that is right there in the unwritten but conceived UN constitution. So I'm not, we are not leaving!!! Ethiopia is the property of the UN.

gearhead
Member+

Post by gearhead » 05 Oct 2021, 18:56

ittuabafarda wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 18:07
Ok, Ittu! First time you were telling us you were not eating then you were not going. What is it now that you are not leaving from?
Yes I told you I was not eating then and I did not eat anything for 42 days straight.
Wait a minute Ittu. You told us last time you did not eat for 35 days and it is 42 days? How is that?
Well I was using a lunar calendar system designed by the Amhara Winnie the Pooh. I am now using a scientific calendar designed by homeboys in Minnesota.
Not everyone in that state. Only my homeboys are capable of doing that. So for 42 scientific days I did not eat or drink. Now I am not leaving.
From where Ittu?
Not only me but also 6 other friends are not also leaving from Ethiopia. We cannot be expelled.
Aha! We got it now. But the host country, Ethiopia wants you to leave the country.
Why not? It is a sovereign nation recognized as such by the UN itself. Can you do that to the USA?
How about in Europe?
How about in Africa?
No it is called super vision. Remember I said 'super vision' not supervision. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
Yes and that is right there in the unwritten but conceived UN constitution. So I'm not, we are not leaving!!! Ethiopia is the property of the UN.
Unless you live in some Pente-Cult alternate reality, the UN has been made to leave on Sunday! Perhaps a decision necessitated by cult prophetess' suggestion? But as everything with this mindless administration, no body knows the path to a decision!!Not even the prime minister himself understands anything!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Oct 2021, 19:20

gearhead wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 18:56
ittuabafarda wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 18:07
From where Ittu?
How about in Europe?
How about in Africa?
Unless you live in some Pente-Cult alternate reality, the UN has been made to leave on Sunday! Perhaps a decision necessitated by cult prophetess' suggestion? But as everything with this mindless administration, no body knows the path to a decision!!Not even the prime minister himself understands anything!
I don't care if somebody else left but I'm Not leaving. You n.i.g.g.e.rs belong to us!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Oct 2021, 21:50

Let me guess correctly why Brother Isaias did not attend the inauguration. That is because two days ago the gold race commander-in-chief Field Marshall Debre had sent his gold race commando unit and captured Asmara taking Brother Isaias and entire cabinet along with his army prisoners. All that inauguration video you saw were fake and those African leaders shown at the ceremony were all fake body doubles. How come anybody else can not think like Debre and his gold race? He put Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton, Copernicus, Marie Curie and Nicolas Tesla to shame. Done!!!!

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 05 Oct 2021, 22:18

The only question I have is that if they have all the evidence , why don't they call the the international diplomats stationed in Addis Ababa , and with concrete evidence at hand , the government could have shown to the world the UN staff interference in Ethiopian internal affairs .Then let the UN come and refute the evidence. The Ethiopian government have all the means necessary to collect and put forward unvarnished evidence to support its case . Then let the world media, and the diplomatic core think though it . Once the government laid the foundation,it could have taken action on those individuals . what the government did look like the diplomatic version of the cart before the horse. Though I don't have all the facts to be conclusive about it .

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Oct 2021, 23:44

TGAA wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 22:18
The only question I have is that if they have all the evidence , why don't they call the the international diplomats stationed in Addis Ababa , and with concrete evidence at hand , the government could have shown to the world the UN staff interference in Ethiopian internal affairs .Then let the UN come and refute the evidence. The Ethiopian government have all the means necessary to collect and put forward unvarnished evidence to support its case . Then let the world media, and the diplomatic core think though it . Once the government laid the foundation,it could have taken action on those individuals . what the government did look like the diplomatic version of the cart before the horse. Though I don't have all the facts to be conclusive about it .
It bleeds my heart to see those upright people of Tigray are caught up in the senseless fracas between Debre and Abiy. I am very sad and angry at the same time. I am holding both these two officials for any human life lost due to preventable famine. It is not secret that the UN has been a den of activists of every kind of school of thoughts and that should be expected. It is both a blessing and curse at the same time depending what agenda those activists are pushing. When we talk about activists we should never forget the fact that has been standing at their doors. Activists are always susceptible or exposed to machinations by lobbying groups who are usually deep pocketed. That is a dead giveaway. The best way to fight off such potentially harmful machination is through robust diplomacy which I think PM Abiy’s administration is in want of. That should be expected since most of the assignments have been the result of nepotism rather than skills. But with time those young patriots in that department will mature fast enough to be able to stand toe to toe with their detractors. Until now I grade the foreign diplomatic corps performance review with ‘Does not meet expectations’.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Oct 2021, 19:02

I heard that fire spitting patriot, Dr. Sileshi bin Bekele, who put el-Sisi's delegation to shame is not part of the new cabinet. I'm gonna miss him a lot. I'm also over confident in him that various international outfits will be competing to have him as their expert employee. Thank you Sir for your valuable service to that gem of a country. You showed Ethiopians are not so easy pushovers. They have always been tough cookies during negotiations with foreign powers friends or otherwise. You had showed those 'white supremacist' wannabees in Al-Qahirah' with such attitude they gonna have their worst nightmare at the negotiation table. I am very proud of you, Sir and I wish a rewarding future in your professional career henceforth.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Oct 2021, 23:36

Hey Y'all! My hommie Debre just shot me an email.
What does he want now, Ittu?
He has a wager.
A wager for whom or on what?
It is not with me but he has a wager for PM Abiy.
The PM is extremely busy now he does not have time for a wager.
I'm telling you Debre is serious.
Ok, what is his wager all about?
It involves recital.
Recital of what?
It is not what you think. It does not have anything to do with the Holy Scriptures of both religions.
Then what is it?
My hommie Debre is inviting PM Abiy to a duel reciting his mentor's chicken scratch.
Ok. Let's go Ittu! Tell us to recite what?
Recital contest of Das Capitol by Karl Marx, from preface to index.
Hey Ittu, your homeboy is still reading the same book for more than 50 years now. Above all that book is a collection of verses from the devil's book responsible for the demise of close to half a billion gullible and innocent citizens of the world. Tell your homeboy to try that with these bigots among our Diaspora who have found shelters at college campuses and missionary canteens.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 08 Oct 2021, 14:15

Some expert wannabe punk rocker likes to talk about the burden of debt that is breaking the back of the old country which is about 30 billion US dollars but he does not say diddly squat about more than 30 billion in US dollars that was pilfered from that nation’s coffers under his watch by the TPLF leaders and their connected accomplices. I’m still befuddled to know this guy was, may be still is, one of the movers and drivers of my dearest adapted country USA’s foreign policy. I guess in this day and age of internet copy and paste can get you the honor of [deleted] sum laude. You add a member of your church or temple as your professor/advisor it will be smooth sailing to such coveted honor.

Meanwhile, I call upon President Biden not the suspend the favorable trade act on Ethiopia because it will only punish the innocent bread winners sending their families to starvation. Those hard working black folks are innocent and the suspension denies them the only means to make a living and bring the dough home to their families. There haven’t been any trade crippling economic sanctions on Angela Merkel and her administration for proceeding on the construction of the gas line by Russia. To sanction individuals one thing but to deny innocent hundreds of thousand of innocent black folks the means to make a living will not be fair and utterly wrong.

On the other side I urge the new PM Abiy Administration to stop beating the drums of war and come up with a doable plan to bring this destructive and senseless conflict to a peaceful end. All roads should be open for those groups who honestly want to deliver life saving food aid and other supplies to those upright people of Tigray. And stop this foolish diatribe against the USA. You can have that den of hapless commies of EU all day long. USA can tell you itself that it is not a perfect country but it is a nation of countless philanthropists like no other. It is a country founded and ruled by democratically formulated consensus not by bullying deadly despots like those in Moscow and Beijing. Don’t forget that once those despots have you on their own you wouldn’t know what has just hit you. Don’t be taken for by their enticing. You are not their cup of tea. You will be gone in a flash. As the young generation of our time say these days, they will go stupid on you and everyone around you. Wise up young man!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 09 Oct 2021, 21:26

Stay at the top. You are not done yet!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 10 Oct 2021, 17:20

This just got in from my homeboy Debre. He has the copy of the birth certificate of Abiy. Abiy's father was a Filipino and his mother was from a Tutsi family who fled violence in Rwanda in the 1970's. His Filipino father was a physician who ran a pharmacy in Jimma and he was mauled to death by a pride of lionesses during a hunting trip. Debre has sent me a cleanly scanned copy of the birth certificate and I am gonna tell CNN and BBC about it. Eat your hearts out folks! I'm gonna get paid bigly!!! Nanananana!!!!!