Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

US probably pressuring Kubur Gena, Daniel Bekele et al to speak up

Post by justo » 26 Sep 2021, 19:04

In every African country, there is a small American constituency, made up of NGO people like Daniel Bekele, Chamber of Commerce people like Kubur Gena, and YMCA & Rotary Club people like I dunno who.

These are FUPs (friends of US policy), and will support any US policy no matter how wrong-headed.

There is one exception to this rule in Africa. Eritrea!

The FUPs of Eritrea like Paulos Baatay and his siblings have no impact on Eritrean politics.

justo

Re: US probably pressuring Kubur Gena, Daniel Bekele et al to speak up

Post by justo » 26 Sep 2021, 19:35

I don't think Eritreans are much impressed by FUPs.
ER's resident FUP, wedi Americano, is a laughingstock among Mereja.com Eritreans.

Digital Weyane
Member+

Post by Digital Weyane » 26 Sep 2021, 19:44

ኡናንተ ኤርትራውያን ግን ለሙንድ ነው የአሜሪካ ስንዴ የማትወዱት? ፈረንጆች ምን ይሉናል እንኳን አትሉም?? :roll: :roll:

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 26 Sep 2021, 19:55

They might speak up. That is their right. But to assume that they influence millions of Ethiopians, even the residents of one “kebede” in Addis is to not read the current Ethiopian politics correctly.
Ethiopians are tired of the we versus them politics of the TPLF. They want an end to it.
The US has tried to assemble failed old politicians to be a counter force to the Abiy administration, and the last Ethiopian election , I believe, awakened them from their delusion. They might try to influence those who are living in the country to save TPLF. If the politician they use is an Amhara from opposition party, they assume, that is a God send.
Well, do not question ordinary Ethiopians intelligence. They smell a compromised politician a thousand miles away.

justo

Post by justo » 27 Sep 2021, 11:07

"Whoever comes to you with this Barzini meeting, is working for Sollozzo", the Don said to his son Sonny in Godfather I

And whoever is now speaking up against Abiy among non-Tigré Ethiopian elites is a FUP, Shaleka Dawit being the latest example.