Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Abere

Sanction is an Incentive --- It sends clear message tighten your belt and win the fight. History does not lie.

Post by Abere » 21 Sep 2021, 06:41

Sanction is an Incentive --- It sends clear message tighten your belt and win the fight. History does not lie.
I don't know many successful sanctions, may be I have not covered reading on this, but sanctioning embitters the sanctioned and beat the odds. The effect of sanction is not loss of the battle but looking for alternative substitution. In other words, sanction is a blessing in disguise for a more effective substitution. For people of a country where survivorship is always challenged people and their government are adaptive of coping strategies. Hearing rumors of sanction on Ethiopia, I am not that much bothered about this news because it not a straight forward thing that would yield a result as intended by the sanctioning party. Sanctioning is an outmoded strategy that is out smarted by reasoning. I pretty sure sanction will not kneel Ethiopia but encourages her to floor the speed at which the army is now cleansing TPLF remnants.