Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
justo

a languageless group trying to create language on the run

Post by justo » 18 Sep 2021, 05:11

Tigray for centuries had given its soul to the Amharic language, and now after a contentious divorce is trying to create a language on the run based on how syllables sound. Eritreans and Hadas Eritrea have to stay out of this, otherwise ተንሓናሕቲ ዉድባት ከይመጻና

ተናሓንሕቲ ምንሕናሕ
ተጋዋሕቲ ምግዋሕ
ተዃሻሕቲ ምኩሻሕ
ኣሰኮንቲ ምስኳን
ኣዋደድቲ ኣዋዲዱ
ኣበስቲ ኣቢሱ

ዘመንቲ ዘሚኑ

Abe Abraham

Re: a languageless group trying to create language on the run

Post by Abe Abraham » 19 Sep 2021, 01:13

justo wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 05:11
Tigray for centuries had given its soul to the Amharic language, and now after a contentious divorce is trying to create a language on the run based on how syllables sound. Eritreans and Hadas Eritrea have to stay out of this, otherwise ተንሓናሕቲ ዉድባት ከይመጻና

ተናሓንሕቲ ምንሕናሕ
ተጋዋሕቲ ምግዋሕ
ተዃሻሕቲ ምኩሻሕ
ኣሰኮንቲ ምስኳን
ኣዋደድቲ ኣዋዲዱ
ኣበስቲ ኣቢሱ

ዘመንቲ ዘሚኑ
With the exception of ምኩሻሕ all the rest are normal standard Tigrigna words. I am not sure about what is meant by ዘመንቲ ዘሚኑ . May be ዘመንቲ should be spelt as ዘመን 'ቲ ( ኣብ እቲ ዘመን እቲ/ ኣብ 'ቲ ዘመን 'ቲ )

1_ ምግዋሕ ፥ ምቅላሕ

2_ምስኳን ፥ to subdue ( I found it in a dictionary. At first I thought it was a typical Tigrayan word. )

3_ምውዳድ ፥ That is what you do with your ብሬን in a battlefield ( Ex.: ብሬነይ ኣዋዲደ ክትኩስ ውዒለ። ) . You put it in good position. Or what a farmer does with his ናውቲ ማሕረስ, before starting to plough his field i.e putting everything in place.

4_ ኣበሰ ፥ ጌጋ ወይ ገበን ፈጸመ ። ( Ex : ኣነ ዝኣበስክዎ ነገር የብለይን ። )

5_ I have to check ምንሕናሕ for its authenticity.

Brother Meleket is an authority on the subject.

Temt
Member+

Re: a languageless group trying to create language on the run

Post by Temt » 19 Sep 2021, 16:44

justo wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 05:11

ተናሓንሕቲ ምንሕናሕ
ተጋዋሕቲ ምግዋሕ
ተዃሻሕቲ ምኩሻሕ
ኣሰኮንቲ ምስኳን
ኣዋደድቲ ኣዋዲዱ
ኣበስቲ ኣቢሱ

ዘመንቲ ዘሚኑ
Except for the word "ኣበስቲ ኣቢሱ", only Agames might utter those words, but they also utter many stolen words from Amharic, for they simply do not understand Tigrinya, though their elites would brag otherwise!