Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

Possible Next Embarrassments to Donald Trump: McDonald, McConnell, McCarthy

Post by Naga Tuma » 16 Sep 2021, 18:48

Rumor has it that Donald Trump said that the coming down of the statue of Robert E. Lee in Richmond, VA, last week was an embarrassment. Actually, it was in the news that he said so.

I have been under the impression that by leading the American "civil war," President Abraham Lincoln settled what Robert E. Lee stood for. President Lincoln won in the war more than a century ago and, surprisingly, a statue of the leading opponent in the war was standing in Virginia more than a century later.

I have some faint memory of Donald Trump saying that he was the greatest President of the U.S, bar President Lincoln.

Who was it that said that it is too bad that stupidity is not painful?

I haven't read or heard enough about Robert E. Lee. My limited reading suggests that he had that primitive thinking that one human being is entitled to the free service of another human being.

Abandoning that primitive thinking was considered advancement, not embarrassment.

If my limited reading serves me right, one of the criteria to become a member of the League of Nations was a formal abolishment of slavery. The league had that much advancement.

So, one can't help asking why Donald Trump, who has claimed to be the greatest President of the U.S. except for Abraham Lincoln, states that it is an embarrassment to stand on the side of Abraham Lincoln instead of Robert E. Lee?

Ignorance compounds ignorance.

I have long wondered what the Mc in names like McDonald, McConnell, McCarthy, and so on mean.

Thanks to Google, I learned that Mac is a Gaelic term that means son and that it is interchangeable with Mc.

Thanks to Horus, I also learned that ሙጬ also means son and that it was how ሙሴ (Moses) used to be known.

I also know that ሙጫ means a baby.

So, I can't help asking if the words ሙጫ (Mucha,) ሙጬ (Muche,) ሙሴ (Muce or Musse,) Mac, and Mc have the same origin. As much as I am not a trained anthropologist to make any conclusion about it, I do not think it is impossible that they all can have the same origin.

If it is possible that all can have the same origin since they literally have the same meaning, is it possible that when Donald Trump sees such African words in such names with which he feels so at home, he pronounces that it is another embarrassment?

In fairness to him, the 45th President of the U.S. has an opportunity to prove that they neither have the same meaning nor origin in order to avoid feeling another embarrassment of fallacy.