Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth
Member+

AUKUS, just yet one more acronym or a move with a far reaching implications for the world

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Sep 2021, 11:49

We were told that the 3 mainly Anglo-Saxonian countries (Australia, UK and US) have reached on an agreement of yet a new security pact, which will shift power dynamics to the pacific-atlantic regions for decades to come. It seems that this will even supersede the packt we have known as NATO for decades. NATO member countries were left in darkness in making this pact.

The AUKUS pact, born in secrecy, will have huge implications for Australia and the region

I am not a security analyst but saw a remark over the bbc world news that Australia cancelled a military contract worth of 65 Billion dollars with France and the French reacted saying "this is a stab in the back", I loughed, after remembering a story I heard recently somewhere the French themselves cancelled a much less agreement with Ethiopia, after reaching another one with Egypt. I am not sure if this is true or false allegations.

Provided that the french got their deeds back on a much larger scale, then I remember the saying that "God will protect Ethiopia", which many people use on many different occasions.

I am not that superstitious but there is one central guiding principle of our cultural, religious and social value that I also heard on different occasions and seems to have been used as a guidance in charting our daily lives. This preposition is called "Don't do unto others what you don't want done unto you.”, I think taken from The Bible. This principle has also found its entry in the Wikipedia as "The Golden Rule": "Do not treat others in ways that you would not like to be treated"

I hope someone will translate and submit this golden rule to the French at this occasions, provided that the allegation that they cancelled a contract with Ethiopia recently is indeed true. I shared this story here for this reason.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Re: AUKUS, just yet one more acronym or a move with a far reaching implications for the world

Post by Naga Tuma » 16 Sep 2021, 13:12

DefendTheTruth,

That is an interesting news to read. Thank you for sharing it.

Here is how I read it.

China rises and Australia gasps.
The British man rushes to Australia and says nuclear means security.
The Irish man lost in America claps.
The leader of New Zealand stands on her own ground.
The people of Australia appear as the stock in Orwell’s farm.
France, the once greatest military power in the world, wakes up to the news and asks what the heck it’s former colony and now neighbor has been doing.
The Czar of Russia laughs and says move over NATO out of here, AUKUS is over there.

Then again, I couldn’t help asking why people who can imagine AUKUS against China or NATO against Russia can’t imagine CHUS for both China and the US or RUUS for both Russia and the US or RUCHUS for Russia, China, and the US? Or is it that there are some people who fail to imagine that global powers can coexist on mutual or multilateral terms?
Last edited by Naga Tuma on 19 Sep 2021, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Re: AUKUS, just yet one more acronym or a move with a far reaching implications for the world

Post by DefendTheTruth » 16 Sep 2021, 14:12

Naga Tuma wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 13:12

Then again, I couldn’t help asking why people who can imagine AUKUS against China or NATO against Russia can’t imagine CHUS for both China and the US or RUUS for both Russia and the US or RUCHUS for Russia, China, and the US? Or is it that there are some people who fail to imagine that global powers can coexist on mutual or multilateral terms?
Naga Tuma,

I think these are the most imperative questions one would ask for the years to come. To be honest the first question that sprung to my mind after reading the story is that of why people of such tremendous resources, who are ready for shaping the future of defence pact shouldn't use those resources to shape the future of development efforts? Why does the world need a competitive and adversarial world order instead of a world based on cooperation and development order?

There was an article I read somewhere recently about the "rivalry" between Ethiopia and Egypt and how to resolve it according to the views of the author(s). Their line of thinking was something like creating a development corridor along the Nile basin and beyond (including other basin), in which all the countries of the basins and region will become stackholders of the undertaking, where the others could help in the financing of the mega project. UN, World Bank, IMF and EU etc. could have helped providing such funds so that such development endeavor would succeed and defuse any tension over the Nile and its water resources, making the schedules of UNSC also less intensive in the future.

I was impressed about the idea.

In the same talken here too I see the same old paradigm of investing into security pact massively, instead of into collaborative development initiatives, diverting those state of the art technologies said to be used for developing military arsenals to create technological innovations that would benefit the whole of humanity and support the world on the path of progress? This could be a very important topic to look at it, in the open world of no secrecy and promoting peace and tranquility around the world, in my view.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 16 Sep 2021, 19:18

DefendTheTruth wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 14:12
I think these are the most imperative questions one would ask for the years to come. To be honest the first question that sprung to my mind after reading the story is that of why people of such tremendous resources, who are ready for shaping the future of defence pact shouldn't use those resources to shape the future of development efforts? Why does the world need a competitive and adversarial world order instead of a world based on cooperation and development order?
DefendTheTruth,

I think that such inclinations emanate from unfinished barbarism. It appears to me that none of the countries in the pact are the organic sources of Karma, Namaste, Shalom, Gada, or Athena's republic.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 17 Sep 2021, 09:55

Hypocrisy, neatly.

The old man in the White house.
I am deeply concerned by the escalating violence and the hardening of regional and ethnic divisions in multiple parts of Ethiopia... Families of every background and ethnic heritage deserve to live in peace and security in their country. Political wounds cannot be healed through force of arms
Sleepy Joe, President of the United States of America.
Please wait, video is loading...
And then announce about an initiative to build a nuclear submarines, we are not told yet what it is aimed for to settle/heal, is it for political issues or developmental issues?