Senior Member+

Re: ዘ ጉራጌ

Post by Horus » 15 Sep 2021, 23:18

አንድ ሕዝብ ለልጆቹ ደብተርና ጨዋታ ነው የሚሰጠው !!

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 16 Sep 2021, 02:23

እምነትና የሞራል እሴት የሌለው ሕዝብ ካልቸር ኖረውም አልኖረው ፋይዳ አልባ፣ አላማ ቢስ ነው። ፍለግና ፋና ስለማይኖረው ደሞ በጭለማ ውስጥ የሚመላለስ መንገድ ሆነ አቅጣጫ የሌለው የዉሃ ላይ ኩበት ነው፤ ስርዓት አልባ ቀውስ ነው !!

Misraq

Post by Misraq » 16 Sep 2021, 11:33

I only wish gurages were majority. I have no shame to say if Gurages were majority and filled the state apparatus the way it was filled by Amharas, Oromos & Tigres the last 100 years, we would have been in par with Europeans in economic terms

ደሃ ለዳቦና ለማይረባ ክብር ይጣላል Which seems this doesn't apply for the hardworking and business savy guraghes. Massive respect for Gurages really.

I was at awe once when I heard the popular YouTube personal Emama Zenash when she said "marry Gurage woman" and old wisdom is flawless.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 16 Sep 2021, 14:19

Misraq,

Thank you. As you well know, social success - be it economic, social, political, ecological or cultural - has to do with how a community organizes itself and conducts itself. These collective activities require sets of useful values and models. Yes, these effective moral and practical values and ways of doing things evolve over years of real life experience and trail and errors. And the social and cultural space is full of these examples, exemplars and models which any other community can learn from, copy and apply as needed. In my view, it is not late for our people to positively network, exchange and transfer effective models from each other. That requires letting go of ineffective, harmful and deadly habits of social organizing and ways of doing things and becoming open to learning and self-transformation. A lot of our people are stuck psychologically, cognitively and culturally in their own old killer habits and it is tragic to observe just how much human and material resource we are wasting on purposeless conflicts and wars. in short, many, many communities in Ethiopia need a working organizing principles and a culture of learning effective problem solving models. The very first step of that path is to simply stop walking a wrong habit and simply to look around to see how some successful communities do things. Nothing is late; we are a very young nation but we must urgently change the trajectory of our journey. We need a culture of harmony, purpose, moral compass, work ethic and creativity.