Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

September 11th, 2001: the Day that Shattered Normal and the Year that Inverted Our Collective Spirit

Post by teodroseIII » 12 Sep 2021, 20:58

I recount the story to pass on this knowledge I picked up after nearly 47 years walking this earth. Forgiveness truly is for ourselves, the angers that we store inside, the pains we refuse to relinquish and the memories we hold on to become prisons if we don’t let them go. It’s only because I am forgiving myself for all the things I did in the past as a means of coping that I have zero feelings of anxiety at this moment. Perhaps it is time to stop remembering 9/11 and instead heal from September 11th so we can honor the victims without harboring traumas in our hearts.

The vast majority of us care deeply about justice yet each year that passes, the further we get away from redemption and the more enveloped by division and separable grievances. I was talking to my friend Steve Poikonen and during the conversation I told him that today is a holiday in Ethiopia called Enkutatash where we celebrate the New Year and ask God to throw out tata (trouble) and bless us with enku (treasures). Steve shared with me that, depending on the Hebrew Calendar, September 11th is likewise a holiday called Rosh Hashanah where Jews ask for forgiveness...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/our-baptismal- ... d-to-heal/