Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

Our Baptismal by Fire: Twenty Years Post-Trauma of 9/11, We Have Not Stopped to Heal

Post by teodroseIII » 11 Sep 2021, 13:17

There are certain memories that can never be erased, pains etched into our minds that live long after the day of trauma has passed. Like demons that howl in the night, traumas that are ignored morph into flashbacks that get embedded into our minds that manifest themselves in other forms. All of us harbor agonizing remembrances—living life means earning wounds that turn into scars—yet 9/11 stands out for Americans because that was our collective baptismal by fire.

Exactly 20 years after that fateful day, I decided to write this article to confront memories of that year that I have stuffed deep into the recesses of my mind hoping to release emotions that continue to keep me up at night. I pray that others reading this article will likewise let go of the thoughts that insist on intruding and coaxing tears at the most unexpected times. I know for a fact that I am not in the minority when it comes to the wounds that come to life long after we bury them...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/our-baptismal- ... d-to-heal/