Coup in Guinea and Ethiopia Genocide Accusation

Post by Lovetarik » 11 Sep 2021, 00:06

Western disinformation debunked:

Horus
Senior Member+

Re: Coup in Guinea and Ethiopia Genocide Accusation

Post by Horus » 11 Sep 2021, 00:50

Lovetarik,
Does this sound like Ethiopia?! US/EU don't want us to have our election, they have their plan for us - coups and invasions! why it is always resources and geography!

Lovetarik

Post by Lovetarik » 11 Sep 2021, 02:01

Dear Horus:
In my opinion, the west will not be successful in Ethiopia for a number of reasons. Our history and culture is a bit different from some our African brothers. Ethiopians tend to unite against a foreign enemy. The more the West tries to distabilize us, the more we stand united. Look at Eritrea. Despite its relatively small size population wise, the west could not dismantle it because the country remained relatively stable and united. Ethiopia has the population advantage to withstand any aggression.

Secondly, our prime minister so far has proved to be a very skilled statesman. He seems to be always a couple of steps ahead of his ill-wishers, both to domestic enemies and intrnational bashers. Take the current conflict for instance. At the beginning of the conflict when the ENDF was having the upper hand within Tigray, there was a lot of noise for a negotiated settlement from the West. They even threaten to get the UNSC not only to condemn him but also to get UN forces to get involved. A day before the UNSC scheduled meeting, the PM declared a unilateral ceasefire rendering the UNSC meeting useless. For a couple of days the US seemed to be out of ideas on how to respond to the ceasefire. He effectively killed two birds in one stone. First he made the West to cool down on their rhetoric, but also made the woyane rats to come out and invade other Kilils where they became sitting ducks for the ENDF and local militias (you have analysed this point in your well articulated post recently). Then they came at him from the food blockage angle. Here also he opened up all avenues as long as they abide by the rule of law. Again another deplomstic setback for the west. A couple of days before the UNSC meeting on the issue of GERD, Sate Department was saying the unilateral filling of the dam is an act of war. But again, just a day before the UNSC meeting, Ethiopia announced that it has completed the 2nd filling, effectively making the meeting a futile exercise. In fact the west changed their tone and declared Ethiopia has a right but needs to address the concerns of upstream nations thru the African Union. What I am trying to say is the PM is a very seasoned politician that cannot be out-maneuvered by the West easily.

Third, the Woyane is proving to be a liability to its foreign backers. Its actions of plundering, genocide, use of child soldiers, rape, reprisal killings, openly declared genocidal threats (ከአማራ ጋር ሂሳብ እናወራርዳለን) is making it hard to defend this bandit group in the international arena.

Fourth, Africans are becoming very suspicious of the West's intent in Africa and are questioning their every move. To some extent even Western backers are now realizing their hope of dismantling Ethiopia using TPLF is dead on arrival.

Fifth, the Chinese and Russians are putting their foot down and are determined to stop the West interference in internal affairs of sovereign nations

Sixth, the Turkey factor. As a NATO member state, Turkey's support of Ethiopia dealt a heavy blow to the ill-wishers. It means the Ethiopian case is pitting member states against member states thereby creating a crack in the union.

Seventh, , the Afgan factor. Americans and the Europeans do not have the appetite to meaningfully engage in madeup invasions anytime soon.

Best of all, the Ethiopian people are united and would willingly take part in defending their beloved country and keep it intact.

Ethiopia will prevail.

Horus
Senior Member+

Post by Horus » 11 Sep 2021, 02:30

Lovetarik,

I agree fully with your points and add this. Africa is a huge political, economic and diplomatic force the recent Abiy's trips to East and West Africa very effective even though we don't know the substance those contact. That also must scare the US. Yes, I have been very impressed with Abiy's energy, agility and confidence. It really said a lot about the stature, resourcefulness and in fact stability of Ethiopia. The Biden New Year statement on Ethiopia and Eritrea tells me that US is seriously rethinking its bad marriage with TPLF .

My comment about American intention was simply observing the similarities of American behavior.

Lovetarik

Post by Lovetarik » 11 Sep 2021, 07:23

Horus

I agree with you 100% that Abiy might be trying to rally the support of African states and beyond like India. There are a lots of other factors I did not metion including the reaction of African Americans should matters get worse. We have witnessed the push by the current administration has already agitated certain quarters of the black folk.