Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
ittuabafarda

Let's Have Something To Cheer On - Part Deux

Post by ittuabafarda » 03 Aug 2021, 21:56

Don't forget to watch out two precious daughters going for the hardware in the 3,000 meters steeplechase tomorrow. Zerfe and Mekides must be teed up and psyched up to grab two of the 3 priceless medals. So let's get up early and cheer them on. I want to be on the records right now that even if they missed the chance to stand on the podium quote me to have said that they gonna miss that by scant seconds.

Our other daughter Habtam did not disappoint in the 800 final either. She lost by less than 3 seconds. She is still 24 yrs old and has bright future. Once she masters the art of avoiding from being boxed she will be unstoppable.

The other race which has become very interesting and exciting to me is the men's 1500 meters competition. Our two sons Taddese and Samuel have moved on to the semifinal which will take place on August 5 this coming Thursday morning.

The men's 5,000 meters final is going to be the most boring and dull competition in athletics history. Boriiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!

ittuabafarda

Re: Let's Have Something To Cheer On - Part Deux

Post by ittuabafarda » 03 Aug 2021, 23:24

Btw, women's 1,500 semifinal will also take place tomorrow morning. Our daughters Lemlem and Freweyni have great chance of going all the way. Knock on wood!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 04 Aug 2021, 21:22

Did you see Mekides in women's 3,000 steeplechase final? She lost the medal by a smidgen 7th of a second. It was a photo finish with the bronze winner. Somebody should have demanded a rerun! For me she is a medal winner. She has a bright future. She is 20 yrs old for crying out loud. Her teammate Zerfe did not do a bad job either by finishing 8th and she is of a tender age at 18. These two have a heck of a future in the steeplechase. It may be the beginning of the end of dominance in this race by the Kenyans. Men's 1,500 semifinal will be run tomorrow with our two boys Samuel and Tadesse are in the hunt. Check all athletics schedule which will be on fire until the final day closing with the men's marathon. Make sure to add all of Sifan's wins to medal count of the old country. I don't wanna any mouth from you with Dutch this and Dutch that. It is all part of the looted national treasure.

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Aug 2021, 04:37

Just I noticed there is one competition many of us might have not expected. Our daughter Yehualeye will be in the women's 20K Race Walk Final this coming Friday. Let's go!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 05 Aug 2021, 22:15

Olympian Tadesse lost the qualification for the 1500 final by a blink of an eye of 0.32nd of a second. He is still 22 yrs old for goodness sake! He has a very bright future. His running mate Samuel will do much better the next time around. He is also a 22 yrs old fighter. Good job boys!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Aug 2021, 00:26

Don't forget to watch Yehualeye bint Beletew in the women's 20K Race Walk early Friday morning. Let's cheer her on!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Aug 2021, 01:10

There are two finals schedules for Friday where two of our athletes will be competing. Women's 1500M final and men's 5,000M final. Freweyni is in the women's 1,500 and Milkesa in the men's 5,000 final. Milkesa was not shown as qualified in the heat 2 held on August 3. Apparently he must have made it based on his time. Milkesa is 21 and Freweyni 20. Of course Sifan will be on the prowl. From now on everyday in gonna be an exciting day. Let's go!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 06 Aug 2021, 22:23

I have something to protest. If y'all had watched the men's 5,000 final you could see our athlete Milkesa being purposely aggravated by one of his nemesis. I suspect that was intended to throw this young man off his elements. If that did not happen he had 100 percent chance of winning one of the medals including the gold. Someone, I say someone should file a complaint with the Olympic Committee. The same aggravation was done to our daughter Freweyni in the women's 1500 final. She was nudged and poked and it was clear that she was upset. This is what I believe and there is nothing you can do to have me recant that claim/complaint!!!! We was robbed!!!!
Make sure to add Sifan’s medal to our total count though!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Aug 2021, 00:27

Women marathon will be much better next time. The fight for the medal put up by Roza was so heroic she lost the bronze by just a scant less than a minute. She is still 24 yrs old and has a very bright future. Two of her fellow runner did not finish. There were 15 other runners who were forced to pull out. This is typhoon season and the heat coupled with very extremely high humidity. I thought we had humidity here until I was there in the middle summer decades ago. Those of you who had the chance to be in Tokyo, Singapore, Taiwan(except the highlands) and Hong Kong during the summer months(June thru end of September) know what I am talking about. It can be suffocating. With all this talk about climate change this factor can be worrying for our future athletes. Roza!! You go tigress!!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Aug 2021, 10:50

As I expected our girls have finished in the top three in the women’s 10000 final. Sifan, Kalkidan and Letesenbet won gold, silver and bronze. So everyone of repeat after me. One, two, three! One, two, three!!! Again! You got it! I want you to say that at least twice everyday for at least a week! And as I said before, I don’t want any mouth from anyone of you with Dutch this Dutch that, Bahrain this and Bahrain that!!! Ever!!! Add all three medals count to the haul of the old country and that is a strict order! We was robbed of our national treasure!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Aug 2021, 16:14

Tsigie did not finish apparently due to suffocating humid temperature/polluted air mass and Tsehay was disqualified in the 10,000 final. But I was handsomely compensated by our girls who finished one, two, three. One, two, three!!! Boy, I can’t get that out of my utterances at all!!!

ittuabafarda

Post by ittuabafarda » 07 Aug 2021, 22:52

Our athletes will do much better next time around. Searing heat and polluted air as thick as a cheap 3-piece suit you can wear was really getting into our boys and girls. Meantime, roaring congratulations to our Somali brothers and sisters for winning the silver and bronze medals. Our Eritrean brother Goitom didn't do a bad job either by finishing 14th. He is still 27 yrs old and has a very bright future.

I also congratulate our dear Kenyan neighbors for the outstanding performance by their gallant athletes at the Olympics. To-date Kenya has the most number of medals(10) hauled away by an African nation at this Olympics.

Finally I want to thank all the athletes for once again giving me an excitement in every race they competed. Winners or not you will be winners in my heart until I take my last breath on this good earth. I also thank those of you who took the time to stop by here to see and read my comments. I will see you and our gallant athletes at the next Olympics to be held in Paris. As long as I am capable and still around you can count on it that I will be here to show you my excitement and never ending love for that gem of the colored. Insha’Allah!!!