Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Temt
Member+

Why is the Mayor of Addis...

Post by Temt » 02 Aug 2021, 18:51

Can someone explain to me, please, why the mayor of Addis, ወ/ሮ ኣዳነች ኣበቤ: for example, is referred to as an assistant mayor of Addis Ababa when she is a fullfledged mayor. Otherwise, if she is an "assistant" mayor, then who is the Mayor? If she is the mayor, as I understand it, then why add the adjective assistant as in ምክትል ከንቲባ፧

TGAA
Member+

Re: Why is the Mayor of Addis...

Post by TGAA » 02 Aug 2021, 20:12

She was not elected by Addis Ababians but was assigned by Abiy just as he did assign Tekle Uma , that is why she is called the vice mayor of Addis Ababa. Come September if she is elected by Blesegna she is going to be the mayor of Addis. Hope that is going to clear the confusion.

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 02 Aug 2021, 20:44

Because She Is Who*re Galla Bantu Gurrage Same As You Qomal Akeleguzai Agga*me Tigrayian Dscendant Born In Paradise Eritrea 🇪🇷.

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 02 Aug 2021, 20:59

Tog Wajale E.R. wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 20:44
Because She Is Who*re Galla Bantu Gurrage Same As You Qomal Akeleguzai Agga*me Tigrayian Dscendant Born In Paradise Eritrea 🇪🇷.

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 02 Aug 2021, 22:10

Tarik, Why all this insult? What have been smoking to call Temt an agame? He is perhaps one of the few proud Eritreans here.
Tog Wajale E.R. wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 20:44

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 03 Aug 2021, 01:11

Brother EuroLand:-- Sorry For My Stupidity, I Apologize For That, But At The Same Token ☆ Please I Am Not That Rubbish Garbage Tarik, Wedi, Jagement 1234☆ I Am From Addi Bidel Pure Hamassien ☆ And Most Of All He Insulted, Disrespected Our Dear Lion Of Nakafa Many Times, Which I Would Never Ever Do To My Dear President And My Humble Respectful Powerful Orthodox Christianity Religions. That Guy A Low Life Another Dscendant Of 120 Years Immigrants From Enderta In Akeleguzai Area. I Asked Him Precisely Many Times To Meet Me In Orange County Anaheim Cypress College California Soccer Fields ⚽️ Sunday Afternoon. He Has No Balls Like Galla Bantu Gurrage & Agga*mes Only Talks.

TesfaNews
Member+

Post by TesfaNews » 03 Aug 2021, 01:30

Tog Wajale E.R. wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 01:11
Brother EuroLand:-- Sorry For My Stupidity, I Apologize For That, But At The Same Token ☆ Please I Am Not That Rubbish Garbage Tarik, Wedi, Jagement 1234☆ I Am From Addi Bidel Pure Hamassien ☆ And Most Of All He Insulted, Disrespected Our Dear Lion Of Nakafa Many Times, Which I Would Never Ever Do To My Dear President And My Humble Respectful Powerful Orthodox Christianity Religions. That Guy A Low Life Another Dscendant Of 120 Years Immigrants From Enderta In Akeleguzai Area. I Asked Him Precisely Many Times To Meet Me In Orange County Anaheim Cypress College California Soccer Fields ⚽️ Sunday Afternoon. He Has No Balls Like Galla Bantu Gurrage & Agga*mes Only Talks.

Noble Amhara

Post by Noble Amhara » 03 Aug 2021, 02:12

Thanks for reminding me about Ambassel tesfanews.

Ambassel has the most sophisticated and vibrant musical elements in Ethiopia and of Amhara. Ambassel Is the heart of beta Amhara

Last edited by Noble Amhara on 03 Aug 2021, 02:50, edited 2 times in total.

Meleket

Post by Meleket » 03 Aug 2021, 02:42

ሰዎች ስላልተረዳቸውና ስላልገባቸው ጉዳይ በሰለጠነ መንገድ ጥያቄ ይጠይቃሉ፡ ይወያያሉ። :lol:

በቅጡ ኢቮልቭ ያላደረጉ እንደ Tog Wajale E.R. የመሳሰሉ ሰው መሳይ ጭላዳዎች ደግሞ ይሞጣሞጣሉ። :mrgreen:

ባለጀን ባለጀ ታላሉት በየገባበት ይቀዝናል!
:mrgreen:

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 03 Aug 2021, 03:53

Brother EuroLand & Tesfanews Thank You For Your Phisyotherapy & Scyotherapy, Not Knowing You Guys Are Gifted As Dicon / ዲያቆን , May God Bless You 🙏 Amen.
But Meleket Looks Like Losers 🐕 Dogs Wandering Looking For Thrown Street Food. We Are Done With Dedebit Woorgach Erkhusan Zerr Tigrayian Agga*me People.

Meleket

Post by Meleket » 03 Aug 2021, 04:37

Tog Wajale E.R. wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 03:53
. . Dicon / ዲያቆን , May God Bless You 🙏 Amen.
But Meleket Looks Like . . .
We Are Done With Dedebit Woorgach Erkhusan Zerr Tigrayian Agga*me People.
ሚን ኣይናት ናጋር ነው! :mrgreen: ሰነፍ ሆንክ እንጂ ትንሹን “a” እንሰጥህ ነበር። :lol:

“መምሰል መሆን አይደለም!” ሲባል አልሰሙም ወዳጃችን ።

ወዳጄ ኤርትራዊ ለመምሰል ቲፈልጋለህ፡ ጊን መምሰል መሆን ኣይደለም። ኵሩው ኤርትራዊ እርኩስ ብሎ አንድ ህዝብን በደፈናው አይሰድብም። [አራት ሚሊየን ነጥቦች]

ባለጀን ባለጀ ታላሉት በየገባት ይቀዝናል። :lol:

ሓቂ ምስ ገለጽና ንሓሶት ነሸቝርራ፣
ፍለጡና በሉ ንሕና ኢና ኤርትራ ራ ራ ራ ራ ራ ራ ራ ራ!

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 03 Aug 2021, 12:07

TGAA wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 20:12
She was not elected by Addis Ababians but was assigned by Abiy just as he did assign Tekle Uma , that is why she is called the vice mayor of Addis Ababa. Come September if she is elected by Blesegna she is going to be the mayor of Addis. Hope that is going to clear the confusion.
Okay, thanks for the answer.

DefendTheTruth
Member+

Post by DefendTheTruth » 03 Aug 2021, 13:55

Temt wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 18:51
Can someone explain to me, please, why the mayor of Addis, ወ/ሮ ኣዳነች ኣበቤ: for example, is referred to as an assistant mayor of Addis Ababa when she is a fullfledged mayor. Otherwise, if she is an "assistant" mayor, then who is the Mayor? If she is the mayor, as I understand it, then why add the adjective assistant as in ምክትል ከንቲባ፧
My brother, it seems that you have unlearned your Amharic (fluency), ምክትል stands for Vice (Deputy) by no means an Assistant. She has her own Assistant(s), not she herself is an Assistant.

I think the right term is Acting (because she has the full executive power of the mayorship).

In Amharic that should have been called ተጠባበቂ፣, I think. Someone can correct me, both my English and Amharic are not so good and very far from perfect.

Abe Abraham

Post by Abe Abraham » 03 Aug 2021, 14:25

DefendTheTruth wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 13:55
Temt wrote:
My brother, it seems that you have unlearned your Amharic (fluency), ምክትል stands for Vice (Deputy) by no means an Assistant. She has her own Assistant(s), not she herself is an Assistant.

I think the right term is Acting (because she has the full executive power of the mayorship).

In Amharic that should have been called ተጠባበቂ፣, I think. Someone can correct me, both my English and Amharic are not so good and very far from perfect.
Confusing ?
The deputy mayor (also known as vice mayor or assistant mayor) is an elective or appointive office of the second-ranking official that is present in many, but not all, local governments.

Manila, Philippines

In Manila, each congressional district has an appointed deputy mayor who coordinates the projects and activities of the elected city mayor.

France

The French term for deputy mayor is maire-adjoint or adjoint au maire [fr]. The first deputy mayor is called premier adjoint.

This term should not be confused with the other French term député-maire, which refers to the dual mandate of a mayor who is also a deputy of the National Assembly. This practice was frequent in the French Fifth Republic, until the legislative elections held on 31 March 2017, since when a mayor cannot hold both mandates (article LO 141-1 of the electoral code).[2]

I believe this clears the confusion. It is like saying : you are the mayor of Addis Abeba but since you are not allowed to use that title officially ( for legal reason ? ) we will refer to you as deputy mayor.

Takele Uma Banti is acting mayor of Addis Ababa, who took office on 17 July 2018. Since he is not a member of Addis Ababa City Council, he was first appointed as deputy mayor and will take the role of mayorship, ultimately. Being accountable to the incumbent mayor, the responsibilities of the deputy mayor include acting on behalf of the mayor in the absence or incapability of the latter, and performing other functions as assigned to him by the mayor.

Ethiopia: Adanech Abebie Appointed As Deputy Mayor of Addis Ababa City

19 AUGUST 2020

The Ethiopian Herald (Addis Ababa)

ADDIS ABABA - The Addis Ababa City Council has approved the appointment of Adanech Abebie as Deputy Mayor of the City, replacing Engineer Takele Uma.

Prior to her current appointment, Adanech was Ethiopia's Attorney General.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has appointed 10 officials.

1. Dr Kene'a Yadeta- Minister of Defence

2. Dr Gedion Timothewos -Attorney General

3. Dr Samuel Urkato- Minister of Science and Higher Education

4. Engineer Takele Uma- Minister of Mines and Petroleum

5. Tesfaye Daba- Deputy Attorney General

6. Yohannes Buayalew - Director General of the Ethiopian Foreign Relations Strategic Studies Institute

7. Nigusu Tilahun- Commissioner of Job Creation Commission

8. Engineer Endawek Abte- Deputy Director General of Metals Engineering Corporation

9. Fekadu Tsega- Deputy Attorney General

10. Prof. Hirut Woldemariam- Social Sector advisor to the Prime Minister with the rank of minister.

Temt
Member+

Post by Temt » 03 Aug 2021, 19:04

DefendTheTruth wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 13:55
Temt wrote:

It has nothing to do with me "unlearning Amharic", which I never learned it in the first place. But ምክትል ከንቲባ is her official title. I didn't make it up. DefendTheTruth, you may want to learn a thing or two from the likes of abe Abraham and TGAA comments above that made sense instead of living on assumptions.