Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
sarcasm

Tigrayan Bodies found in river between Ethiopia's Tigray, Sudan (Washington Post)

Post by sarcasm » 02 Aug 2021, 12:40

NAIROBI, Kenya — A Sudanese official says local authorities in Kassala province have found more than 40 bodies, apparently people fleeing the war in neighboring Ethiopia’s Tigray region, floating in the river between the countries over the past week, some with gunshot wounds or their hands bound.

The official said Monday a forensic investigation is needed to determine the causes of death. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

Two Ethiopian health workers in the Sudan border community of Hamdayet confirmed seeing the bodies found in the Setit River, known in Ethiopia as the Tekeze. The river flows through some of the most troubled areas of the nine-month conflict in Tigray, where ethnic Tigrayans have accused Ethiopian and allied forces of atrocities while battling Tigray forces.

Tewodros Tefera, a surgeon who fled the nearby Tigray city of Humera to Sudan, told The Associated Press that two of the bodies were found Monday, one a man with his hands bound and the other a woman with a chest wound. Fellow refugees have buried at least 10 other bodies, he said.

He shared a video of men appearing to prepare a shroud for a body floating face-down in the river.

Tewodros said the bodies were found downstream from Humera, where authorities and allied fighters from Ethiopia’s Amhara region have been accused by refugees of forcing out local Tigrayans during the war while claiming that western Tigray is their land.

“We are actually taking care of the bodies spotted by fishermen,” Tewodros said. “I suspect there are more bodies on the river.”

While it was difficult to identify the bodies, one had a common name in the Tigray language

Continue reading https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/bo ... story.html

Received gruesome pictures from Humera, west #Tigray. Amhara militia continued to slaughter civilians and throw their bodies to Tekeze river.
Please wait, video is loading...

Abere

Re: Tigrayan Bodies found in river between Ethiopia's Tigray, Sudan (Washington Post)

Post by Abere » 02 Aug 2021, 13:04

Why are they looking for dead bodies under the rock. I kind of suspect this is completely staged by TPLF itself. Let them come to stop by Raya Zobel and the Afar desert, bodies of teenage Tigres is everywhere, woe for the mothers. Who brought this tragedy upon Tigres, TPLF and its activist like Alula Solomon. Let Tigres ask them and send the bills to them. Of course reckless foreign media and journalists played significant role in the tragedy, Sudan too is part of it. God will pay them off.

Tog Wajale E.R.
Member+

Re: Tigrayan Bodies found in river between Ethiopia's Tigray, Sudan (Washington Post)

Post by Tog Wajale E.R. » 02 Aug 2021, 13:27

As Long As The Dead Ones Are Dedebit Woorgach Erkhusan Zerr Tigrayian Agga*mes, It Is Really Great Job. We Want To Exterminate Any Dedebit Woorgach Tigrayian Agga*me From Ethiopian Earth.
More To Follow !!!
Dedebit Woorgach Tigrayian Agga*me Woyane T.P.L.F. ☆ Over 60,000 Benishanul Gambella People Murdered In Broad Daylight, How About In Ogaden Somali Giggiga Over 567,000 Innocent People Murdered Buried In Harrar Provinces Last 28 Years. Did Human Rights Watches Said Something, How About Amnesty International Did They Say Something, Of Course No, So It Is Pay Back Times Enjoy it While It Lasts. Qomalat Agga*me Guahafat Agga*me, We Are Not Done Yet Until We Make Tigrai Like Aleppo Syria. Go Figure Bissbiss Shettattam Agga*mes.