Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

An Open Letter to Vaccinated People from Someone Who is Not Vaccinated

Post by teodroseIII » 01 Aug 2021, 15:05

I want to start this open letter to people who have been vaccinated by apologizing. As much as keep preaching that “the fight” is not between the near totality of humanity who have been marginalized by a few who bleed all of us irrespective of our identity or ideology, at times my actions don’t meet the standards I ask others to follow. Too often, I have let my passions override my compassion as I let the unkind words of a close one or a stranger lead me into the gutter of vindictiveness.

After 18 months of unbearable duress, being pitted against one another by the establishment and the hopelessness that comes with this seemingly never-ending pandemic, nerves are frayed on all sides. In a time that calls for unity and kindness, too many keep letting our emotions get the best of us as we hurl insults and seek the comforts of groupthink. I have tried my hardest to do the opposite as I wrote one article after another about the imperative of leading with love instead of being led by anger. But when someone reverts to ad hominem, my moral compass points due south to wrath as I pay back anger with animus...continued...

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/open-letter-va ... accinated/