Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
teodroseIII

This One is For All the Diamonds Who have Uber-Creativitysnd Get Ignored by Their Community

Post by teodroseIII » 01 Aug 2021, 00:17

I thus give this advice to all creative people; when it comes to your craft, do not expect to be supported by those who are the closest to you. Though your parents might love you, though your siblings might go to the wall for you and your friends might be there for you at your time of need, when it comes to recognizing your God-given talent, you have better chances of being appreciated by complete strangers than you are of getting praise from your loved ones. Do not spin your wheels trying to gain their attention or waste precious time pleading with them to support your endeavors, just do what you were brought into this world to do and let your work speak for itself instead of seeking validation from family, friends and neighbors.

I write this as a reminder to myself as much as I write this for others. Once in a while, I feel the old resentments creep up realizing that the very Ethiopians whom I love dearly rarely appreciate what I do. Out of the thousands of people who visit Ghion Journal daily, only a tiny fraction are Ethiopians. I write about my homeland in ways that no one in mainstream media does as I offer nuances and historical perspectives that are always lacking in articles published by Washington Post, New York Times and their ilk. Yet my articles about Ethiopia and our history, culture and significance largely go unnoticed by my community while countless thousands of Ethiopians flock to articles that are written by outsiders, many of whom have hidden agendas…continued…

READ FULL ARTICLE AT: https://ghionjournal.com/a-prophet-has- ... ive-minds/