Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Naga Tuma
Member+

I must be a total idiot

Post by Naga Tuma » 30 Jul 2021, 18:48

I am not kidding. I have tried very hard to understand this and I keep failing in trying to understand it. The more I try to understand it, the more it sounds unnatural to me.

As human beings, we grow from being shy when we are younger to more confident when we get older. This is normal natural human growth.

Everybody knows how many young boys and girls out there are so shy that they hesitate to ask even their parents simple questions.

As we grow up, how many adult men wish to talk to adult women for dates but fail to break the ice because of fear or shyness.

Some people claim that people fear even public speaking like death although I think that is exaggerated. But for many people, standing in front of the public to express oneself is hard. Some suggest that Glossophobia, or fear of public speaking, affects about 75% of the population. I don't know how much this is true.

I do not think that civil discourse is something that develops or disappears in one generation or over a few generations but is an evolutionary outcome over the ages that becomes an ingrained cultural consciousness in any society.

Isn't it out of such ingrained cultural consciousness that we draw the words ነጋ፣ ሰላም even when we see a stranger and disarm him or her into friendliness?

I suppose the same can be said of Shalom and Namaste, among others.

We have taken these ingrained cultural consciousnesses foregranted. We get accultured to it naturally when we grow in it.

So, when I juxtapose these cultural consciousnesses with the news in the U.S. over the past many years when somebody goes out, gets above these ingrained cultural thresholds, and massacres multiple people, I fail to get it, time after time. So, I must be a total idiot in failing to get it.

That said, I do not know how much brainwashing or military training can potentially lead anyone to getting over that threshold. I do not have meaningful military training. መነሻዉን በዉል የማላዉቅ እባጭ ከወንጪ ጠበል፣ ኣርባምንጭ ሆስፒታል፣ ኖርዌይ ላቦራቶሪ ናሙና ምርመራ፣ ብላቴ ኣጭር ቆይታ፣ አዋሳ ኣፍታ እይታ፣ ኬኔዲ ላይብረሪ ጉብኝት፣ እና በግ ተራ ዉይይት ኣልፎ ብዙ ኣልሄደም።

Prove me wrong if I am not a total idiot for failing to get what sounds to me so unnatural by explaining to me how you can get it.