Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Aba

Ethiopia's Tigray rebels issue fresh demands as ceasefire calls grow

Post by Aba » 30 Jul 2021, 16:10

Last updated: 3 hours ago. ETHIOPIA

Ethiopia's Tigray rebels on Thursday issued a new list of demands which the group said must be met before engaging ceasefire talks with the government.

In a statement, the Tigray Peoples Liberation Front called for a transitional administration in Addis Ababa.

"It has become increasingly obvious that the current regime has neither the legitimacy and the constitutional mandate nor the wherewithal to govern the country," reads part of the statement.

"In light of this, we are calling for the commitment of a transitional arrangement and an all-inclusive political process that includes the major political actors in the country with a view to addressing the current political and constitutional problems afflicting the country," TPLF said.

The group also demanded the withdrawal of Eritrean forces from the region, the restoration of communication and banking services, as well as the removal of restrictions on humanitarian aid.

The rebels rejected a uniltaeral ceasefire offered by Addis Ababa at the end of June and kept fighting even after government forces withdrew from Mekelle.

The rebels have since attacked and seized towns in neighboring Amhara and Afar provinces.

There has been no word from Addis Ababa on the demands tabled by the TPLF.

The pre-conditions come as the head of USAID is expected to travel to Ethiopia next week.

On Friday, the state epartment called for urgent ceasefire talks without preconditions.
https://www.africanews.com/2021/07/30/e ... alls-grow/

euroland
Member+

Re: Ethiopia's Tigray rebels issue fresh demands as ceasefire calls grow

Post by euroland » 30 Jul 2021, 16:38

AbaQ junta

Is your comedy show not over yet?
What demand? If your 20 demands in 20 different times have been ignored, what makes you the number 21 demand be accepted? LOL.

I demand Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolly sleep with me tonight!!

Yeah, my demand has more chances to be met than your dead junta’s demand :lol:

Aba wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 16:10

sebdoyeley
Member+

Post by sebdoyeley » 30 Jul 2021, 17:53

euroland wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 16:38
AbaQ junta

Is your comedy show not over yet?
What demand? If your 20 demands in 20 different times have been ignored, what makes you the number 21 demand be accepted? LOL.

I demand Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolly sleep with me tonight!!

Yeah, my demand has more chances to be met than your dead junta’s demand :lol:

Aba wrote:

Aba

Post by Aba » 30 Jul 2021, 17:53

Wurro,
You either take this offer, or you lose your Gondar, Bahir Dar, then Arat Qillo. You better take that deal.
:lol: :mrgreen:
euroland wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 16:38
Aba wrote:

Sam Ebalalehu

Post by Sam Ebalalehu » 30 Jul 2021, 18:01

euroland, I agree your sleeping with Angelina Jolly — not with Julia Roberts, she is happily married — has a much higher possibility than the TPLF demands being met.
Here is a hard fact : the losing side does not dictate demand. Winners do.

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 30 Jul 2021, 19:07

Guys,

If I have to guess, both sides are bluffing. Taking sides, blurs reality. Either TPLF will advance to Addis or Abbiy will make a second visit to Meqele. Chances are, there will be months of up and down. But, Ethiopia skates on the unrealistic disintegration highway. In other words, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am being realistic. :lol: :lol:

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 31 Jul 2021, 01:19

AbaQ junta

Like Sam ebalalehu eloquently put it, losers don’t set conditions for negotiations, winners do. This isn’t pre Nov. 6 when your dead junta had all the armaments, manpower, food supplies, logistics and all its territories under its control. Now, half of “your” territories are gone for EVER; your entire military and political leadership is wiped out, your manpower is reduced to sending untrained underage kids to the front, no food, no communication and no nothing! How in the world would anyone negotiate with a DEAD junta whose existence is only on Facebook? Even the less armed Afari militias alone was able to wipe out 3 Kifle Tore of your junta’s force. What a shame!

Aba wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 17:53

[/quote]

Fed_Up
Senior Member+

Post by Fed_Up » 31 Jul 2021, 01:24

Blueshift wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 19:07
Guys,

If I have to guess, both sides are bluffing. Taking sides, blurs reality. Either TPLF will advance to Addis or Abbiy will make a second visit to Meqele. Chances are, there will be months of up and down. But, Ethiopia skates on the unrealistic disintegration highway. In other words, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am being realistic. :lol: :lol:
ይህን ጭንቅላ ይዘህ እዚች አለም ላይ ሰርቫይቭ ማድረክ ከቻልክ ማንም low IQ under 60 will definitely survives. This is why the earth is overpopulated with few higher IQ populations and the rest is just like you.

I am just sayin

Blueshift

Post by Blueshift » 31 Jul 2021, 01:54

Feddy adgi,

Talking about IQ ? :lol: :lol: You are a donkey. What do you know ? :twisted: 8)

Aba

Post by Aba » 31 Jul 2021, 02:13

Wurro,
You are one demented creature. Do you still consider your savage tyrants winners? How in the world could they be retreating abandoning there weapons if they are winners? Are they not losing grounds everyday (today Lalibela)? Yesterday was Weldiya. Tomorrow could be Dessie or Gonder.
You better wake up from your delusional state of mind for your own good. Before you know it, weyane will be in Addis and Asmara at the same time
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
euroland wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 01:19

TGAA
Member+

Post by TGAA » 31 Jul 2021, 02:36

weyane will be in Addis and Asmara at the same time---- Really? The village idiot;)

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 31 Jul 2021, 02:51

AbaQ junta
You didn’t get the memo yet?
ENDF from West and South, your nightmare Shaebia from North and East are marching for their second visit to Mekele. This time though, Qola Temeben ain’t going to be the junta’s hiding caves. It is for this reason your low IQ clans in DC are rolling on the ground screaming like a little bi.tches. Do you think winners ask for help from their handlers by crying to get their attention? እዋይ ውርደት ዓጋመ ሰብአይ’ዶ ከምሰበይቲ የእውይ ድዩ? :lol: :lol:

ጆ ባይደን ኡኡኡኡ!!!

Aba wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 02:13

Aba

Post by Aba » 31 Jul 2021, 02:57

Here comes another moron out of the blue. Didn't your egg head think it was all over for weyane just a few weeks ago? Now, you're looking at weyane gobbling up large chunks of your "never colonized" country. Even Mussolini didn't move that fast. Dumbasz
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
TGAA wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 02:36

Aba

Post by Aba » 31 Jul 2021, 03:16

Wurro,
Your boys in disarray killing each other.
:oops: :oops:

euroland
Member+

Post by euroland » 31 Jul 2021, 03:52

AbaQ junta
Aren’t you late for your daily rolling on the ground? :lol:
By the way: I heard the Ethiopian Air Force had decimated in a bunch of your coward military and political leaders, whose identity is still being worked on. I hape Vodkachew is and his teenage bodyguards are some of them.

ኡኡኡኡ ጆ ባይደን ድረስልን LOL

Aba wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 02:57