Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
Zmeselo
Senior Member+

'Get the CAMEL DRIVERS!' Lol

Post by Zmeselo » 28 Jul 2021, 11:33

'Get the CAMEL DRIVERS!' Outrage as Germany cycling coach roars at his rider to chase down Algerian and Eritrean rivals

By Mike Keegan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olymp ... IVERS.html

28 Jul 2021

• A German coach has apologised for making a racist slur at the Tokyo Olympics

• Patrick Moster told his rider to 'get the camel drivers' at the cycling time trial

• Niklas Arndt was chasing Algerian and Eritrean rivals during Wednesday's event

• Moster apologised for his 'poor choice of words' said 'in the heat of the moment'

A German cycling coach has been forced to apologise after being captured on film urging one of his riders to 'get the camel drivers' as he chased opponents from Algeria and Eritrea.

Patrick Moster was filmed running behind Nikias Arndt at the Olympic time trial in Tokyo, with microphones clearly picking him up shouting
Hol die Kameltreiber! Hol die Kameltreiber.
Azzedine Lagab (Algeria) and Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier (Eritrea) had gone out before the German competitor. On German television, ARD commentator Florian Nass was left stunned, branding the comments 'totally wrong'. 'Words fail me,' he added.

A German coach has apologised and fears the sack after being heard yelling a racist slur

Patrick Moster was seen running behind Nikias Arndt, telling his rider to 'get the camel drivers'

Azzedine Lagab of Algeria (pictured) and Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier (Eritrea) had gone out before the German competitor for the Olympics time trial on wednesday
If I heard that correctly he said 'get the camel drivers!' Something like that has no place in sport. This is absolutely underground. Sorry, I can't think of anything… that is unworthy.
Moster later said:
In the heat of the moment and with the overall burden we have here at the moment, I have missed my choice of words. I am so sorry, I can only sincerely apologize. I didn't want to disrespect anyone.
Former cyclist Moster, 54, may now face an anxious wait to see if he holds onto his job.

President of the Germany Olympic Committee, Alfons Hormann, appeared to take a dim view of the coach's comments.
Team Germany stands for adherence to the Olympic values ​​of respect, fair play and tolerance and lives them in all of their sporting competitions,
he said.
It is important that Patrick Moster apologised immediately after the competition. We will seek a personal conversation with him today and deal with the situation,
Horman, 50, continued.

In today's Olympic time trial, Amanuel G/her stood at 33rd place. Amanuel finished his race with a Speed of 44.1 miles/hour at 1 hour, 3 minutes and 14 seconds. Not a single rider was able to finish within a minute of Roglič, the gold medalist. Bravo, Emma!!!